Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Skill trees also seem to affect it somewhat. Like, I've never gotten the 'cherry blossoms' line on any general not specced similar to Taketoshi's 'warrior poet' build. I've noticed down-and-dirty infantry generals tend to sound rougher and rowdier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Agent Interrobang posted:

I've noticed down-and-dirty infantry generals tend to sound rougher and rowdier.

Which is why in the Rise LP, Tomomori was prone to giving the ever so poetic speech of: "I do two things before battle, sharpen my sword, and empty my bowels. I am a practical man, and advise you all to be the same. Now go kill the enemy!" :allears:

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender
The speeches are constructed of lines drawn from three seperate pools.

One set of lines comes from the army and clan you are fighting, based on their composition, wealth, honour etc. These ones are always available and so you tend to hear them a lot. Major clans get their own special lines as well.The honour ones, for example, are based on their clan daimyo's honour, with a low, average and high honour value.

Low - "The enemy are dishonorable etc"
Average - "They must make a stand or history will not remember them"
High- "I am sad that we must destroy such honorable men, but such is the decree of fate".

The second pool of lines comes from who the general is with respect to your clan. Daimyo's, brothers and sons all get special lines that can go in their speeches.

The last pool of lines comes from the skills and some traits of the general giving the speech. Poets speak about the weather, religious invoke the gods, warriors give combat advice. High general rank speeches often call upon their long history of victories, while high combat rank generals call upon their combat expertise.

It all works out to give a lot of interesting and characterful speeches, but it does get hamstrung by the fact that low level speeches from standard generals tend to be quite similar until they get some ranks.

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Die Essensrationen wurden verdoppelt!
Die Anzahl der Torpedos wurde verdoppelt!

shalcar posted:

The speeches are constructed of lines drawn from three seperate pools.

One set of lines comes from the army and clan you are fighting, based on their composition, wealth, honour etc. These ones are always available and so you tend to hear them a lot. Major clans get their own special lines as well.The honour ones, for example, are based on their clan daimyo's honour, with a low, average and high honour value.

Low - "The enemy are dishonorable etc"
Average - "They must make a stand or history will not remember them"
High- "I am sad that we must destroy such honorable men, but such is the decree of fate".

The second pool of lines comes from who the general is with respect to your clan. Daimyo's, brothers and sons all get special lines that can go in their speeches.

The last pool of lines comes from the skills and some traits of the general giving the speech. Poets speak about the weather, religious invoke the gods, warriors give combat advice. High general rank speeches often call upon their long history of victories, while high combat rank generals call upon their combat expertise.

It all works out to give a lot of interesting and characterful speeches, but it does get hamstrung by the fact that low level speeches from standard generals tend to be quite similar until they get some ranks.

Is there somewhere where we can see all the lines used to construct the speeches? As interesting as it would be to play through to get every one personally, playing enough times to to accomplish that would probably exceed sane limits. That said, I do miss the Insane generals talk about moon people, and the "And remember! We have more pointy sticks than they do!"

Gettinglosthere
Oct 2, 2013
Hey so I'll vote for The Captain's Crate sound like it should be fun.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender
This page needs content!

Bonus Economic Update 3 - Markets in Shogun 2

Markets are a point of debate and contention in Shogun 2, as the fact that food cost impacts all the provinces in your empire makes running accurate models fairly difficult. As such, we have several use cases to more accurately represent the experience of any given player in a normal game of Shogun 2. This post is meant to be read after reading the earlier economic primer post, as that post outlines where all this information comes from. The values are:

Local Tax Rate : 38% (Metsuke Province), 25% (Non Metsuke Province)
Empire Tax Rate : 25% (With Tax Reform and a moderate sized empire, it works out in this area. If anything, it's a little generous)
Growth Modifier from Tax: 70%

There are three speeds at which players tend to approach Shogun 2. As the growth modifiers from food costs are changed by your empire size, it will depend on when you build them as to how much growth you get on any given turn and therefore how much koku you earn. In order to make this information useful to players at all stages of the game, a turn offset has been applied to each graph to show you how the stage of your game impacts the returns from any given building (If you want to see how good a Rice Exchange would be if you built it on turn 25-35 or so, you would look at the Starting Turn 30 graph). Experienced players tend towards the FAST style, gaining roughly a province every 2.5 turns, finishing up on turn 60. Areas which are shaded indicate turn counts which you would not be able to reach as you would have won the game (or lost the game in the case of slow players) by then. All graphs are on a common scale of 120 turns, but FAST graphs will have an initial end on turn 60, MEDIUM of 90 and SLOW of 120.

Merchant Guilds are unlocked with arts in 13 (But it's really 20 because everyone gets Equal Fields first) turns, so these will only appear past the Starting turn of 15.

Markets appear with two lines, one which is using a building slot constructed for the purpose (and so consuming 1 food) and the other using the "free" slot that come with all provinces.

SLOW games are at a rate of a province every 5 turns. (Turn 120 finish)
MEDIUM games are at a rate of a province every 3.75 turns. (Turn 90 finish)
FAST games are at a rate of a province every 2.5 turns. (Turn 60 finish)

While this might all look overwhelming, it's actually pretty simple to use. First, know what turn you are in on your game, then divide that by your number of provinces to work out your speed (Fast 2.5, Medium, 3.75, Slow 5). Your speed won't be exact, but pick whichever is closest. Go to the collection of graphs closest to your current turn and then look at the one that is closest to your speed (along with if it's going to be one of your 5 metsuke provinces or not).

If this all seems crazy, worry not, for there will be another economy update which will tie together everything we have covered so far (and some things that will be covered in the next economy update!)

Using the "free" building slot in a rank 1 province to put a Market in is ludicrously profitable no matter what your situation, although it's important to note this will probably be on a non Metsuke province.

Metsuke Provinces

STARTING TURN 0 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: Nothing fails to turn a profit throughout the entire game here (with the exception of Market on SLOW and only at the very, very end) if it's a Metsuke province (This early, everything is a Metsuke province), so Markets and Rice Exchanges are a fantastic way to grow your economy quickly and effectively. Although not better in the long term than Improved Irrigation, it's almost equal in quality to Improved Irrigation on Fertile provinces. Regardless, they are complementary upgrades, both high priority with strong early benefits that last through the game.

STARTING TURN 15 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: Once again the Market on SLOW nets us a loss in the extreme long term, but all upgrades are still well worth it at this point.

STARTING TURN 30 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: FAST upgrades become more questionable at this point, as all the upgrades, while still profitable, return barely 50% profit by the end of the game. Regardless, the other options remain a good choice with the Market on SLOW still dipping into the negatives at the extreme end.

STARTING TURN 45 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: On FAST, no upgrades return a profit at this point in the game, there just isn't enough time left. MEDIUM still sees good returns for their upgrades, while SLOW sees fantastic returns for Merchant Guilds, somewhat offset by their slight loss on Markets.

STARTING TURN 60 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: MEDIUM gets some returns for investment at this point, less than Improved Irrigation would yield on all but Barren, but all better than Terrace Farming at this point in the game. SLOW no longer sees Markets making a loss by the end of the game, while Rice Exchange and especially Merchant Guild make reasonable returns. Improved Irrigation and Terrace Farming are better investments for SLOW, but Land Consolidation is not.

STARTING TURN 75 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: At this point on MEDIUM, the investment is not worthwhile and will not break even as there is not enough time left in the game. SLOW records acceptable returns for all 3 buildings, roughly equal with Average Fertility Terrace Farming and significantly better over all Land Consolidations.

STARTING TURN 90 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: Markets are worthwhile, but realistically any economic investment at this point is unlikely to meaningfully pay off.

STARTING TURN 105 (Metsuke present)

Thoughts: Not worth it.

No Metsuke Provinces

STARTING TURN 0 (No metsuke present)

Thoughts: While it's unlikely that any provinces this early wouldn't be metsuke provinces, Markets and Rice Exchanges provide solid early and mid-game income, at the expense of endgame wealth.

STARTING TURN 15 (No metsuke present)

Thoughts: Pushing a province to fully upgraded Merchant Guild on MEDIUM or SLOW provide a solid return for the vast majority of the game, tapering off to break even at the very end of both. FAST growth rates are not worth it. It's unlikely at this point that any province that would see such economic investment wouldn't be a metsuke one, but it's interesting nonetheless.

STARTING TURN 30 (No metsuke present)

Thoughts: Interestingly, fully upgrading a province to a Merchant Guild on SLOW provides reasonable returns throughout the game, only dropping back to the break even point just before game end. FAST and MEDIUM are not worth it, however.

STARTING TURN 45 (No metsuke present)

STARTING TURN 60 (No metsuke present)

STARTING TURN 75 (No metsuke present)

STARTING TURN 90 (No metsuke present)

STARTING TURN 105 (No metsuke present)

shalcar fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 3, 2013

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender
Since it looks like the captain's crate is going to win, can the tournament players who don't want to participate in a naval round please let me know so I don't pair you up with anyone?

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that my normally weekly update schedule is being changed to "Whenever I manage to find the time in the chaos that is Christmas/New Years", which should hopefully have the normal update schedule resume on the 5th of Jan. I had planned to have a normal update this weekend, but I ended up with some real life things consuming that spare time and so I'm going to be a few days late on this update.

With respect to the tournament I will be running the rounds with extended timers (2-3 weeks) over the holiday period, because family comes first and I don't want the participants to feel rushed with their games during this already hectic season. I have got all the first round battles, so I will start putting those out along with starting the second round in the coming day or two, schedule permitting.

I want to thank everyone for their understanding and wish everyone an (early) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender
No End in Sight

Autumn of 1550 (Enemy Turn)

"These lands are Chosokabe by right!" demanded the Chosokabe ambassador. "You will remove all Hattori forces from them and return to the mainland."
Taketoshi burst out in hearty laughter. "I had heard the Chosokabe lacked humour, but it seems that was mistaken! It would be wise not to push the joke too far."
"These demands are no joke" snarled the ambassador. "Failure to heed our warnings will bring about the swift destruction of you and your men."
"There will be destruction" responded Taketoshi, face now set, his voice level. "But it will be Chosokabe blood that will water the fields. It will be last Chosokabe breath stolen away on the winds. This will be the final war for the Chosokabe."

With nowhere left to go except through us, the Chosokabe declare war upon the mighty Hattori empire. I had hoped they would be less than suicidal, but if they want to take on Taketoshi and his army, I'm not about to stop them. I was planning on invading them anyway, so really, they just beat us to the punch.

"But surely, my Lord, you can see that the Hojo will only bring despair" wheedled the Otomo ambassador. "They can not survive. God will spare those who are friends to his faithful servants."
"Your dead God is of no interest to me" responded Yasunaga. "Nor are your words. The Hojo have served us well against a common foe. I will not betray them by breaking that trust, no matter your offer."

The Otomo offer us a ludicrous deal of demanding we break trade with the Hojo, our only source of crafts, so that we can trade with the Otomo. Considering the Otomo not only have nothing I want, but also are Christian troublemakers that will declare war at the drop of a hat, we refuse their hilarious demands.

Winter of 1550

"My Lord, all throughout Omi, overseers report the roads have been reinforced as per your orders" reported the attendant. "While our logistics are helped immensely, we must be cautious lest our enemies march upon us."
"Men lay stones and the world shrinks, it is true" replied Yasunaga. "Yet it is my enemies who must fear this, for it brings them in range of my blade."

Yamato gains a huge wealth increase with the construction of both a Rice Exchange and Terrace Farming there. Omi, as the largest province that exists as part of our eastern front gets our first constructed Roads, allowing the units passing through there to move further, letting us bring the fight to our foes much faster.

"Warriors of the Hattori!" boomed Yasunaga. "Never before has the need of true men been so dire. Never before has the order of heaven been shaken in such a manner. Never before have good men had need to fear for their families."
His eyes swept the compound, steely gaze upon all before him. Without warning, his hand flew to his sword, grasping the hilt with such force that the crack of lacquer on steel rang throughout the compound.
"There are those who seek to upset heaven, to withdraw her favour from us" he continued. "Yet we will not let this come to pass! We will meet this challenge and we will prevail! Not for our honour or our glory, but for our families."

Yasunaga bolsters his forces further with an additional Hattori Yari Ashigaru recruited in Omi, while our Hattori Katana Samurai numbers continue to slowly grow as an additional unit is recruited in Yamato.

"Rumour says the ship is cursed" whispered the harbour master. "On the day of her launch, word of the Chosokabe war reaches us. Their fleet will tear her apart."
"Bah" spat the shipwright. "She's finer than any islander craft. The Chosokabe will fall under the Hattori's fleet. You will see."

Our fleet gains an additional Medium Bune off the coast of Settsu, giving us something approaching a navy. Although we are still outclassed by the other clans that started with naval access, with continued steady building, we should soon be able to exert our influence on the waters.

"My Lord, Chosokabe merchants are withdrawing as we speak" the advisor reported. "By sunset, they will be gone."
"Hah!" laughed Taketoshi. "Let the counters of rice run like rats. War is decided by the clever of wit and strong of blade, not by a counter of beans."

With the outbreak of war between our two clans, the Chosokabe no longer trade with us. This is a substantial blow, as the income we gained in trade from them was quite reasonable.

"She's almost as beautiful as you" Yasunaga told his wife, cradling his newborn daughter in his arms. "I promise I will protect her and give her everything she deserves."
"I know you will, my love" his wife smiled, exhausted. Her face turned worried. "Promise me she will grow up with a father, not tales of a hero who went away."
Yasunaga kissed the top of his wife's head. "I promise I will see her safe and that after all this is done, I will come home."

Not all the news is bleak however, with the Hattori family celebrating the birth of a baby girl. When she comes of age, she can be married into another clan to greatly improve relations, but for now, she's another reason why the Hattori must not fail.

"My Lord, merchants have started to gather together in what they call 'Guilds'" reported the administrator. "Such enterprises save individual merchants from ruin, but it comes with an advantage for us. If one merchant can not pay his taxes, the guild funds can be taken instead."

Tax Reform is the last of the absolutely essential Chi arts, so we can now bring our focus onto our sorely lacking Bushido. The extra income from Tax Reform is 17% more from tax, rather than the 5% that is indicated, as it's a modification to the base tax rate, bringing it up from 30% to 35%. In addition, it unlocks the third tier of the Market chain, the Merchant Guild. Merchant Guilds are expensive, but provide an equally large amount of wealth back, allowing your economic provinces to keep up with the expanding needs of your empire.

Ingame encyclopaedia - Tax Reform posted:

Farming is a harsh, unrelenting and threadbare existence, particularly when you are taxed on your harvest, the land you work, and the home you live in. Sometimes, you are expected to pay special taxes charged to support the aristocracy. A daimyo, however, cannot tax his subjects for long before they have nothing left, or turn rebellious. Tax reform allows rice, gold, physical labour or, indeed, almost anything else, to be used to pay a tax account. All are equally valid, and everyone can now pay properly!

In medieval Japan the peasantry were subject to crippling taxes on the land they worked, their produce and their homes. They also paid "emergency" taxes on top as they were required for special projects. Takeda Shingen (1521-1573) introduced tax reforms that applied to nearly everyone from religious temples to samurai families. He also replaced corporal punishment for minor offences with a system of fines. Everyone had to pay something, which was at least a little fairer. He was not, however, a man over-blessed with kindness or fairness, and was infamous for owning two large cauldrons, used when needed to boil those who crossed him!

"Bandits raided the ship!" the merchant complained. "Took everything that wasn't nailed down. The sea take the bastards."

The Ikko Ikki continue to be a thorn in my side, this time as their ships raid my trade routes. Although with such a small fleet the loss of income is equally low, I continue to need every koku to meet all the rising threats.

"Right lads" announced the captain. "There is an Ikko Ikki ship in the area up to no good and raiding our merchants. Now I don't like merchants much, but no-one messes with Hattori lads and gets away with it!"

With our fleet in the area, the Ikko Ikki piracy will not be tolerated. We might only be a small player in the naval stakes, but in the matter, we will be top dog.

"Ship sighted" bellowed the lookout. "She's got Ikko Ikki markings!"
"That's our goal!" yelled the captain. "Everyone to your positions! Set in an intercept course!"

With our Medium Bune and Bow Kobaya against the Ikko Ikki's Bow Kobaya, this is one battle that is unlikely to be in doubt. Our primary concern is to both inflict maximum damage, hoping to sink or capture the enemy vessel, while also reducing the loss of our own men, to keep the fleet fighting fit.

Click here to see the battle!
"Nothing but open sea, sir" noted the first mate. "She's badly outclassed."
"Brave but stupid" replied the captain. "Let's teach them a lesson."

With little terrain to speak of, the battle is one that I plan to bring down to brute strength, giving me all the advantages.

"Leave none alive" ordered the captain, as the two ships slammed together with a crash. "Gut them all!"
The Ikko Ikki crew put up a brave fight, but their numbers were never enough against the superior skill and quantity of the Hattori forces. In what felt like hours, but was merely minutes, all the Ikko Ikki forces lay dead.
"Ship is ours captain" reported the first mate. "Your orders?"

Glorious victory! Our primary objective was achieved, the sinking of the Ikko Ikki vessel. Although they have a the capacity to swiftly raise more ships nearby, the destruction of their ships helps keep the numbers favourable for us, as well as preventing the piracy from having an impact on our bottom line.

"I'll not waste good men on this rotten hulk" spat the captain. "Sink it."

Although we didn't gain enough experience to go up a rank, our losses were also very small, keeping the fleet in top fighting shape.

"Set sail for home" bellowed the captain. "It's too cold to be without a warm bed and hot meal!"

Regardless, there isn't much left for the fleet to do in the area, so we send them home with the intent of bringing them back up to full strength so they can be ready for the next threat to the eastern seas.

"The prattle of merchants is beneath us" stated Korekata. "Yet I have been told the Yamana and Hattori have respect for each other."
"State your case" replied the Yamana ambassador. "You are correct though, merchants prattle is beneath noble born."
"I agree completely" nodded Korekata. "Hattori merchants constantly complain that they should be allowed to trade in the valuable Yamana lands. We both gain in tax and I get some rest from their ceaseless demands."
The Yamana ambassador laughed. "What harm can it cause for a matter of such little import? Very well, I will send word to open the trade lanes and let you get some sleep!"

Despite our best efforts, the Yamana will only settle for an equal trade agreement. Luckily for us, this sea trade agreement will replace our lost Chosokabe one and keep the koku flowing into our coffers. The difficulty will be to keep the trade routes free from piracy, as the Yamana are on the far side of Japan and the ships have to travel a long way.

"Rumours abound of the Hattori and their need to conquer all" stated Korekata. "But they are misinformed. The Hattori take only from those who threaten them, no-one else."
"As you say" replied the Hatano ambassador. "But I don't see what this has to do with the Hatano."
"Trading would strengthen our relations, show the Hattori family that the Hatano are friends, not enemies" responded Korekata in honeyed tones. "It would be unwise to appear to be with our enemies in such troubled times."
"Of... of course" stammered the ambassador. "The Hattori have always been our honoured friends."
"Alas, while I accept your word completely, Yasunaga is a practical man" noted Korekata. "A gift, some token of your sincerity, would do much to calm his worried soul."
"You are wise beyond your years" responded the ambassador. "I'll see to it right away."

The Hatano, north of Settsu, have also suddenly decided that they want to trade with us, so much so that they are willing to pay a quite reasonable gift in order to secure the deal. Although we are always selling all our trade goods and so net very little extra from the agreement, it will make them less likely to attack us, as well as giving us some extra capacity to sell our trade goods if another partner is no longer able to trade for any reason.

"The lads in Awaji won't stand a chance without us" stated the captain. "Set sail at full speed. Let's hope we are not to late to miss out on the fun!"

With the Chosokabe fleet nearby and in numbers in the western seas off Settsu, we need to consolidate our two ships into a fleet. While they are unlikely to be able to deal with the Chosokabe fleet, they stand a far better chance of at least keeping some trade lanes open than they would by themselves.

"This is endless" complained the first mate. "The wind is biting, the seas is rough and something bad is going to happen, I can feel it."
"Nonsense" replied the captain. "Things will work out, you will see."

Our trade fleet continues to move towards the Incense trade node, with the first ships having almost reached their destination. The later trade ships are likely to be less lucky, as with the outbreak of hostilities with the Chosokabe, these previously friendly waters are now incredibly treacherous.

"The Chosokabe think this is their island" boomed Taketoshi. "But I have seen in their hearts and they are full of fear!"
Taketoshi raised his fist to the sky.
"They fear the reaper!" he bellowed. "They fear the Hattori, they fear their dying light. For we are coming for them like a cold wind of death. Where we pass will bring the stillness of ice and the fury of the storm!"

There is no point having Taketoshi and an army languishing behind walls, especially for a single chokepoint island like Shikoku. It's likely that the Chosokabe have an army nearby, so we advance slowly into the province of Sanuki to scout out their forces. We are in luck, as Sanuki itself is almost completely unguarded, save for a meagre garrison. With an opportunity to make the Chosokabe pay for their foolishness, we attack!

"My Lord, the Chosokabe forces are approaching the fortification at speed, they will arrive early tomorrow morning to relieve their garrison" reported the scout. "Shall we prepare for a night attack?"
"Whatever for?" laughed Taketoshi. "We attack at down when their reinforcements arrive."
"My Lord?" questioned the scout.
"I have a message for the Chosokabe" replied Taketoshi. "My sword shall be my pen, Chosokabe blood my ink, the ground my canvass and the sky my witness. For they have unleashed hell's fury and they will know fear."

Instead of being in luck, we wandered right into a trap, with the AI having hidden a large force of units outside Sanuki in the trees! While we could negate this by launching a night attack, that would leave an incredibly powerful Chosokabe force on the loose, dealing untold damage. Instead, we will play for all the marbles, taking on both forces at once in the hope of crippling the Chosokabe's military might in the region. Taketoshi's army of 1 Light Cavalry, 3 Hattori Katana Samurai, 11 Hattori Yari Ashigaru and 4 Hattori Bow Ashigaru should hopefully prove triumphant against the 1 Samurai Retainers in the fortifications while 2 Yari Samurai, 6 Bow Samurai and 5 Yari Ashigaru attempt to relieve them!

Click here to see the battle!
"Tadatsune!" ordered Taketoshi. "Take your unit and 2 others, you will launch an assault on the walls."
Tadatsune bowed. "Very good my Lord."
"Everyone else, to me!" bellowed Taketoshi, spurring his horse forward through his lines towards the Chosokabe reinforcements. "We charge!"

With the large enemy force attempting to reach the hugely outclassed defenders, our best bet is to send only a small force as close as the castle as possible (taking advantage of our kisho training), enough to secure the capture of the fortification. The remainder of our forces is best used to buy time for our attacking force to complete their mission. The worst possible outcome would be our forces being caught half inside and out of the fortification, so we will need to do everything in our power to ensure that we send enough soldiers to get the job done, but not so many that our line is compromised. Judging by the location of the enemy army on the campaign map, I'm expecting the reinforcements to arrive from the south west.

The lines met with a titanic clash, the unlucky Chosokabe ashigaru felled in large swathes by the Hattori samurai, led by Taketoshi himself. The Hattori forces fought with a fury unmatched, uncaring for risk to their own lives, like demons possessed. The samurai captain put grabbed the bridle of Taketoshi's horse.
"Leave some honour for us, My Lord" yelled the captain. "You would steal all the fight!"
"Very well!" replied Taketoshi, wheeling his horse around. "Impress me!"

The power of Katana Samurai unleashed! With our Hattori Yari Ashigaru storming the castle by force, the Katana Samurai were able to meet the enemy forces head on and deal heavy damage, delaying them long enough for the fortification to be completely captured by our brave soldiers. Although losses on our Hattori Yari Ashigaru were fairly heavy, our decisive strike has left the Chosokabe reeling. While the Chosokabe army is far from destroyed, they have lost enough troops that they will not survive another strike from Taketoshi.

"I'm impressed" stated Taketoshi, scanning the carnage after the battle, the once white snow churned into a hellish brown and red mess, bodies littering the landscape like macabre rocks.
"Your orders were total destruction my Lord" responded the captain, his armour covered in gore, some of it already frozen in the icy air. "None that met us in battle survived."
"This was but the first step" replied Taketoshi. "Chosokabe still breathe and we will not rest until they have been stilled."

In a straight up melee brawl, Katana Samurai are completely unmatched, collecting an impressive tally of kills, albeit at the cost of a few samurai lives. We don't want to spend our samurai lives needlessly, as they are very difficult to replace, but in this case it turned out to be a sacrifice well worth making.

"The town is yours, my Lord" reported the samurai captain. "Chosokabe have abandoned it and are in full retreat."
"They can't run forever" replied Taketoshi. "Soon they will reach the end of the island and find that vengeance awaits them there."

The Chosokabe province of Sanuki has fallen into Hattori hands! Our foothold on the island of Shikoku grows ever stronger, as we now control more of the island than the Chosokabe. Each victory brings us closer to Realm Divide, where all our hard work may soon be undone.

"Sanuki is a town of little value" reported the administrator. "Little value that is, except for the stone produced here, the finest in all Japan."
"Lucky for us the merchants were more obsessed with selling it instead of using it, or we might have had more trouble" noted Taketoshi wryly. "The Hattori will not make that mistake."

Sanuki is only sparsely developed, containing a Fort, Archery Dojo, Improved Irrigation (Meagre Soil), Roads and a Stonemason. This fact that this province has the Superior Stone speciality makes it incredibly interesting, as it not only provides the Stone trade goods, but makes buildings produced here cheaper than they would be otherwise. Given that the AI loves to mount attacks on Shikoku through Sanuki (as it can be assaulted directly from the sea without having to land troops first) this is a very cost effective province to develop. Unlike all the other provinces on Shikoku, it lacks port facilities.

Cost: 1350

The second building in the Stone chain, the Stonemason further increases the wealth and trade goods generated, while further reducing building construction costs.

Ingame encyclopaedia - Stonemason posted:

Good quality stone can be found in convenient places in this province, and the local stoneworkers are reasonably expert in getting it out of the ground. As the stonemasons are given more equipment, they can improve the amount of usable stone they extract, and so improve the defensive value of any castle that is constructed.

This kind of development also includes the transport system needed to ship stone to where it is required. Before the advent of powered transport, moving masonry and stone was often more work than actually extracting the stuff, and it is no coincidence that many quarries were near either the coast or a navigable river: boats were often the only way to transport heavy items over any distance. Final shaping and any detail work is, and was, nearly always done on the building site.

"Even if we built a fortress bigger than Kyoto, there would be more than enough to sell as well" noted the ashigaru commander. "It is only fitting that such fortune fall into righteous hands."

With our capture of Sanuki, we now have Stone trade goods in our trade network, allowing us to produce advanced roads and fortifications, as well as turning a nice profit!

"You can't do this, we have studied archery here for generations!" complained the dojo master. "Where will we go now?"
"There are many schools inland" responded the administrator, dismissively. "This land is needed for other uses. You will leave, now."

We certainly don't need 3 Archery Dojos in our 3 provinces in Shikoku, so we start demolishing the one on Awaji, as that's the least likely to be useful. Instead, we should consider replacing it with a Market to increase wealth, a Sake Den to allow us to recruit more Ninja agents or a Buddhist Temple to allow the recruitment of Monk agents.

"I don't care how cold your sandals are" bellowed the samurai captain. "You are Hattori samurai and you will act like it!"

The newly recruited Hattori Katana Samurai are sent north towards Omi. These particular samurai are earmarked to hold Omi against possible counter-attacks, as Hattori Katana Samurai are capable of holding off many times their number of other troops when deployed in fortifications.

The Ikko Ikki forces huddled around fires, their guards lax so far inside their own territory.
"Poor observation will get you killed" thought Chisato to herself. "This is a lesson that it is time to teach."
Moving silently in the icy snow, Chisato slipped through the guards and moved into the supply tent.
Hiding from the cold were a group of soldiers, playing dice around a table.
"Wait a minute, who let you in?" asked a soldier, coming to his feet.

Our scouting of Echizen reveals that there is little in either Wakasa or Echizen of interest. There are, however, a small number of Bow Ronin that are moving to either launch a small raid on our provinces or to bolster the Ikko Ikki defences. Either way, I have no intention of those soldiers getting to complete their mission. As our mistress of misdirection, Chisato is dispatched to ensure that no unexpected elements interrupt our plans.

Without a sound, Chisato flicked a dagger, taking the standing man in the throat as she drew her sword in a fluid motion. Chaos exploded in the tent as men tried to scramble away from her and ready their own weapons. With practised and deadly grace, two more men fell before her strokes. The last man, barely more than a boy, scrambled backwards, his eyes wide as he tripped over a bag of rice.
"Please!" he burbled. "Please!"
The blow with the flat of the blade caught him against the side of the head and he slumped to the ground.
"Have the good sense to run when Yasunaga comes" Chisato thought. "For he won't be so merciful."
The threats dispatched, Chisato spoiled the supplies and slipped out into the icy night.

Success! The casualties were moderately impressive, killing nearly 80 men. Almost an entire unit is eliminated, in addition to the Ikko Ikki plan being delayed for a turn.

"I hesitated" she thought. "That could get me killed."
Yet in her heart, she knew beyond doubt that it wouldn't. He was no threat, she was completely in control. Finally, her mastery of observation had paid off. She was a master ninja, beyond even what her masters could have hoped. Where others fell, she survived against all the odds, no matter the situation. Chisato was the spirit of the Hattori given flesh, the primal terror that hunted in the night.

With nearly a decade of experience, Chisato has reached the lofty heights of rank 5. Agents reaching rank 5 is a rare occasion that is cause for celebration, especially agents of such a fragile nature as ninja. The long stretch to rank 6 can now begin, but even a rank 5 agent is one that is truly terrifying, able to deal with all threats in a swift and deadly manner.

Rumours of the Hattori employing a ghost had been all but confirmed throughout Japan. Men swore that she disappeared into thin air, while peasants told tales to their children of the demon who fought against evil. Justice ruled her heart, but vengeance upon enemies was terrible indeed. No matter where you were or how you turned the odds, she could not more be caught than fog.

With the expectation of money being tight, not to mention Chisato's humble nature, we take a point in Noble Bandit, reducing the costs of launching missions. This cost reduction seems minor, but it can be absolutely critical when dealing with the bigger targets as they often run into the thousands of koku to perform. Cheaper actions is all well and good, but that serves us no good if failure is death. To help counter the regrettable tendency of my favourite agents to die, we take a point in Escape Artist, reducing the odds of a critical failure by 10%, as well as making enemy agents hostile actions against suffer a flat 10% reduction in success. Chisato's cautious nature and acute observation mean that only the best have a chance at threatening her.

"We march towards glory and honour" boomed Yasunaga. "We march to right the terrible wrong that has been plagued upon the world for we are instruments of justice."
The lead ninja nodded at him.
"We will not stand idle while our families are threatened. We will not watch as the foundations of our society are eroded. We will not hide in fear from the job that must be done." Yasunaga bellowed. "We are the Hattori."

With what little Ikko Ikki forces sabotaged for the turn, now is the time to launch our strike against their northern holdings and consolidate one of our many fronts. Yasunaga leads the charge against the homeland of the Ikko Ikki traitors, intent on eliminating their wretched philosophy from the source with sword and flame.

"I'm going home to Iga?" asked Masnari, a hopeful grin on his face.
"We are" replied his mother. "We all are, your little brother and sister as well."
"My wall!" exclaimed Masanari.
A look of concern came over his face. "I hope I still fit on it!"

Japan is now a clash of titans, with but a few pockets of small clans remaining. The eastern and western areas have consolidated into terrifying forces, while the centre is still being fought over as we grapple with the Ikko Ikki for supremacy.

Masanari ran to his step, bow in hand.
"It comes up to my tummy now!" he announced to his mother as he pretended to fire arrows at attacking enemies. "It's even better now!"
"Well, you are a growing boy" his mother replied. "Ten years old. Where does the time go?"
"I'll be grown up soon!" announced Masanari. "Then I can help dad protect everyone!"
A troubled look came over his mother's face.
"Never grow up" she thought. "I can't bare the thought of losing you."

With the exception of our vassal the Bessho and our allies the Ashikaga Shogunate and Takeda, Japan absolutely hates us. Even our trade partners barely tolerate us for the wealth we create for them. It seems that even without the helping hand of Realm Divide, we will be enmeshed in a war for absolute control of Japan.

"Don't worry mum" comforted Masanari. "I'll keep us all safe."
"I know you will" his mother smiled. "I know you will."

Our finances, on the other hand, have never looked better! With our net income increases by a mammoth 2347 koku (815 koku more from trade, 1532 koku more from tax), our economic engine is steaming ahead ready to tackle the challenges of the many front wars we will need to fight. Our naval upkeep has increased by 402 koku, as we finally start reasonable production of warships, while the army has increased its upkeep by 1170 koku as soldiers constantly stream to the Hattori banner. The net result is that we are making 775 more koku a turn in profit compared to last winter, although this is not a state of affairs I expect to continue for long as our need for troops grows ever more and our trade partners become increasingly unreliable.

A note for the curious is that you might want to know exactly how much raiding/piracy is costing you to see if you should do something about it. If you look at the bottom right of the trade summary, you can see we should be earning 2007 koku a turn from trade. However, when you look at the finance summary tab, you can see that we are only getting 1943 koku a turn. You can therefore easily see that the piracy on the Hojo and Yamana trade routes are costing us 64 koku a turn.

Sneak Peak: Traitor's Rewards...

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
God, battles in the snow are pretty. :allears:

That's the second time now that the Shogun 2 AI has impressed you. I swear it keep getting better every time I go back and play. Granted, that force split wasn't exactly the smartest idea in the long run. Had it kept those bow sam with the main force, it would have lost the castle but done some impressive damage to your units.

How many provinces are we away from RD? I have to imagine it's not too many, considering how much land you've gobbled up so fast.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

God, Realm Divide is such a pain the first time you're playing through this game. I was expecting it to get harder, but not everyone else to lock me in total war forever. All my vassals, too...

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I've noticed that the AI seems to love ambushes in Sanuki. I guess it's the close proximity of the forest to the city, but most of the time AI armies seem to sit in the woods like that rather than the castle.

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
The Hattori have ten provinces and a single-province vassal, from the looks of the map, so four or five provinces at the most until Happy Times. I don't remember if vassals count towards the Divide limit. I usually subsume my foes into my ever more inefficient and bloated military machine. Either way, he probably won't even get to finish the Ikko Ikki before everyone goes for his throat.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am surprised you did not encounter foreign pirates yet or are you not surveying the waters?

Not often you see more enemies killed than lost.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Too bad about the Chosokabe reinforcing where you didn't expect them to come out of, and needing to hastily reposition your lines. Your battle plan didn't work out like you wanted it to, but you still cut through a bunch of their ashigaru once they formed up and you got your katana samurai into them.

Too bad you couldn't neutralize their bow samurai though. Still, there would be no way your three regiments of tired ashigaru who were already hurt swarming those samurai retainers would be able to hold the castle against so many samurai, even if they were bow samurai. I guess you grabbed the capture point just in time, seeing as how they were about to head into the fort.

Oh well, looks like there'll still be a Chosokabe army to rampage around your newly captured province of Sanuki... At least they should take winter attrition, making it easier for Taketoshi to clean them up next turn. And that stone there is bound to be handy.

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Wait. Let me get something here straight. You are importing Stone FROM the Takeda, AND exporting stone TO the Takeda?

Right now, I think it is the merchants who are laughing at you.

edit: AND Horses too?
:psyduck:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It's just two merchants trading each other the same pile of stones pulled in a cart by the same horse over and over again as a joke. Whoever gets stuck with it by the time trade gets cut off loses. :v:

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
The Daimyoes exempt merchants from paying taxes on buildings built for the storage of war-necessary materials for the first 5 years, so long as these buildings are in use. By filling their warehouses with stone the merchants are using a loophole to get less-expensive storehouses, brilliant!

Bahumat
Oct 11, 2012
I thiiiink that's due to getting two sources of horses from trade? So he's getting one each from the Takeda and the Yamama (heheh), and trading them to the other. I believe that's how the game maximises use of trade resources.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Breeding better horses sounds like a great reason for taking in foreign horses, even if you have your own horse stocks.

The Mighty Biscuit
Feb 13, 2012

Abi gezunt dos leben ken men zikh ale mol nemen.

shalcar posted:

MATHS AND GRAPHS

I always feel a little bit guilty for scrolling past these since I don't play the game. This kinda stuff is well beyond the call of duty for LPing a game. It's cool of you to do it.

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Shogun 2 is the Steam Holiday Sale Daily Special. 75% of it and all its little DLC Children.

Chisato help my Wallet.

GrandHound
Jun 8, 2013

It Doesn't Matter If You're Alone.

Vaga42Bond posted:

Shogun 2 is the Steam Holiday Sale Daily Special. 75% of it and all its little DLC Children.

Chisato help my Wallet.

She has. By delivering its contents to Gaben.

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender
Yasunaga knows the importance of keeping his people safe, secure and well loved, to that end, he has dispatched Chisato to bring Christmas cheer to all the good girls and boys reading this thread!

Firstly though, for the next 36ish hours or so, I have to recommend the Total War: Shogun 2 Collection as ludicrous value for anyone who wants to get into this game but has not yet done so!

Chisato's bag of tricks contains Smoke Bombs, 2 copies of Total War: Shogun 2, A surprised and ill mannered samurai, 3 copies of the Saints and Heroes DLC, throwing knives, 2 Ikko Ikki DLC packs, poison rice, 3 Sengoku Jidai DLC packs, a small wooden toy soldier and 1 copy of the Total War: Shogun 2 Collection!

All you need to do is post what you want from the bag of tricks and why you have been a good boy/girl this year. Since this *is* Chisato though, why you have been a bad girl or boy might also net you a prize! Basically, post something fun, art, songs, stories, whatever!

:siren: Merry Christmas thread! I hope to see you all in the New Year! :siren:

e: Masanari has just told me that I missed out on his favourite story, "A wolf, crane and tiger walk into a bar". He's handed me a copy of Rise of the Samurai DLC so that you can enjoy his favourite story too!

shalcar fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 21, 2013

GrandHound
Jun 8, 2013

It Doesn't Matter If You're Alone.

shalcar posted:

Yasunaga knows the importance of keeping his people safe, secure and well loved, to that end, he has dispatched Chisato to bring Christmas cheer to all the good girls and boys reading this thread!

Firstly though, for the next 36ish hours or so, I have to recommend the Total War: Shogun 2 Collection as ludicrous value for anyone who wants to get into this game but has not yet done so!

Chisato's bag of tricks contains Smoke Bombs, 2 copies of Total War: Shogun 2, A surprised and ill mannered samurai, 3 copies of the Saints and Heroes DLC, throwing knives, 2 Ikko Ikki DLC packs, poison rice, 3 Sengoku Jidai DLC packs, a small wooden toy soldier and 1 copy of the Total War: Shogun 2 Collection!

All you need to do is post what you want from the bag of tricks and why you have been a good boy/girl this year. Since this *is* Chisato though, why you have been a bad girl or boy might also net you a prize! Basically, post something fun, art, songs, stories, whatever!

:siren: Merry Christmas thread! I hope to see you all in the New Year! :siren:

e: Masanari has just told me that I missed out on his favourite story, "A wolf, crane and tiger walk into a bar". He's handed me a copy of Rise of the Samurai DLC so that you can enjoy his favourite story too!

Shalcar, I'm not sure you hear this enough, but this is an amazing idea and we all love you for being a kind and generous soul. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you as well.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Alright, so this isn't for Chisato's bag of goodies, (I already own all the DLC), but I have a question for the thread. It's my very first campaign and as I approach my first Realm Divide, I noticed something weird, namely my economy. I'm fighting a war against a Takeda-Hojo alliance and my income has gone from 3000 to 900 to 2000 to 4000 koku in a few turns, without much intervention on my part. Is this normal?

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
I'll take a vanilla DLC if it's on offer. Ikko Ikki might be fun.

Anyway, on my last trip to Japan, I got drunk at a party and made out with a Chisato. So, you know, I've been sorta amused by her presence in the LP since the start. (Not sure if this counts as bad or good, honestly, and it's not much of a story. Though I did miss last train.)

Okay, but more seriously... I went to a castle. I've also got pics from Osakajo, Kyoto, a Tanabata festival, and Tokyo.

Bonus, from the museum next door: medieval riot control and (NSFW) fertility statues.

I think those were good things?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the JJ posted:

I'll take a vanilla DLC if it's on offer. Ikko Ikki might be fun.

Anyway, on my last trip to Japan, I got drunk at a party and made out with a Chisato. So, you know, I've been sorta amused by her presence in the LP since the start. (Not sure if this counts as bad or good, honestly, and it's not much of a story. Though I did miss last train.)

Okay, but more seriously... I went to a castle. I've also got pics from Osakajo, Kyoto, a Tanabata festival, and Tokyo.

Bonus, from the museum next door: medieval riot control and (NSFW) fertility statues.

I think those were good things?

I built a rough model of that castle for a project:

It's a pretty neat building.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

:ohdearsass:

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Dec 23, 2013

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender

This is art. Did you have something in particular you wanted from the bag of tricks?

"The Ikko Ikki pack should be your choice" announced Yasunaga. "For it will make their total destruction all the more satisfying. They will find that heaven favours those strong of both mind and body."
"Dad, you have to tell them to take the Rise of the Samurai pack!" insisted Masanari, his eyes serious. "The Taira and their rise to power was the best!"
"A great tale indeed!" laughed Taketoshi. "But what inspires the people more than heroes? The wise leader would take the Heroes DLC to show the other slackers just how Hattori get the job done!"
"Heroes? Mere men and women" noted Korekata. "No, wars are won by tactical flexibility and playing to your strengths. Thus, you should take the Sengoku Jidai DLC."
The Metsuke looked at each other with knowing glances.
"A commander can not command without the fundamentals" noted Tokinaga. "It is advised that if you lack Total War: Shogun 2 vanilla, you should take that."
Chisato was worried. All these respected leaders and powerful figures in the Hattori, with such differing advice! Observation and keen senses let her read the air and suddenly, she knew what she had to do.
"The Hattori have a duty to the people and to history" she stated, fading into view. "We must be ever prepared for the future, to turn every situation to our advantage, for without that, we will not survive. There is only one path that must be taken, you must take the Total War: Shogun 2 Collection!"

This goes for everyone, please, if you want something from the bag of tricks, put it in your post otherwise poor Chisato will have to guess!

the JJ posted:

Neat pictures.

An Ikko Ikki pack is yours from Chisato's bag of tricks! Send me your steam account email address via PM and I'll send it your way!

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I started therapy this year and am on my fifth month of kicking a pretty bad addiction. (Protip: Drugs aren't the only things you can develop an addiction to. And while it would be nice to tie this to gaming, it wasn't an MMO addiction, either.)

If this is a winning post, I don't have the game yet and probably wouldn't have considered getting anything in this franchise if not for this LP. Great work!

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

shalcar posted:

Did you have something in particular you wanted from the bag of tricks?

Thanks, but my computer's a little elderly for running the game, I'll just stick to watching - I was just inspired by the idea of Chisato-gifts! :)

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.
I'm late to the party, but I just finished marathoning this after reading your RotS one on the archive. Great LPs both and a lot of fun to listen/read - especially since I'm a more casual player, the in-depth stuff is great. Now an aside, but am I too late for the tournament entry or does doing the Naval/optional/non-elimination first round, still give me a chance to get in?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Couldn't find anywhere else to put this but i'd like to know if there are any recommended mods for Shogun 2? I know you're showing off the base game, but I keep getting either swamped by cheating AI on higher difficulties. (Yes that full stack of samurai is completely reasonable for a dude with 2 provinces.) Or I get way too little challenge at the lower difficulties.

Anything that spices up the game a little would also be appreciated.

MonotoneMorgan
Nov 20, 2013

The saddest day in Octavian's life was the day he was asked to shave his mustache.

Affi posted:

Couldn't find anywhere else to put this but i'd like to know if there are any recommended mods for Shogun 2? I know you're showing off the base game, but I keep getting either swamped by cheating AI on higher difficulties. (Yes that full stack of samurai is completely reasonable for a dude with 2 provinces.) Or I get way too little challenge at the lower difficulties.

What about in some cases, that an AI province starts off with hero units? That was always a "fun" surprise for me.
Yes, my one major problem with the solo campaign is that it's either a complete steamroll once you make it through realm divide on the lower difficulties or the entire game is an utter nightmare on the harder difficulties in which case RD is just a frightening prospect if I ever managed to get that far.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Shalcar, you're a very generous person. Whoever's getting stuff from Chisato's bag is in for a hell of a good time.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Affi posted:

I go crazy with whatever mods look good in the Workshop. Not sure if anything has changed since I last played a year ago.http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=34330&browsesort=mysubscriptions&browsefilter=mysubscriptions&p=1

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 6, 2014

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender
I'm back from my holiday and feeling much better about everything, it's great to catch up with family and friends. Turns out that going away doesn't actually get any chores done though, so I'm going to have one busy week. With any luck though, I'll have time to get the thread back to bursting with content!

I don't have time right now to answer everyone, but I'll be sure to reply to everyone as soon as I can.

John Charity Spring posted:

Shalcar, you're a very generous person. Whoever's getting stuff from Chisato's bag is in for a hell of a good time.

Right now that appears to be basically no one, making this my least successful give away ever. I might have to just give them away in the steam gift thread at this rate!

I'm still waiting on JJ to give me their steam address for their prize, while Aerdan I remember from the terrible tattoo thread and I clicked on that link, which I did not appreciate at all. Sorry.

E: I wish you every success in your therapy and think it's great that you are working to better yourself.

shalcar fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 7, 2014

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Herf blerf I'm an idiot.

e: Seriously, this is a pretty generous gift bag, I'm a bit befuddled. Maybe the entry requirements are just sooo broad as to be confusing? Or everyone in the thread already has a lot of what's up for grabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

Taco Defender

the JJ posted:

Herf blerf I'm an idiot.

e: Seriously, this is a pretty generous gift bag, I'm a bit befuddled. Maybe the entry requirements are just sooo broad as to be confusing? Or everyone in the thread already has a lot of what's up for grabs.

You might be right on both cases, I suspect.

New Plan: It's a haiku competition! Post a haiku and what you want from the grab bag and if you are lucky, Chisato will fulfil your wish!

• Locked thread