Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So I'm all caught up with the previous thread and this one, and I can finally ask a question that I missed the answer to: what do you mean by 'building chains'? I mean, I get that, for instance, the Castle chain contains the Fort and all the buildings a Fort can be upgraded into, but the phrase also gets used in places where I'd have expected just 'buildings' to be used, e.g. 'The Stronghold chain increases the size of the city, allowing additional building chains to be constructed in the province'. Is it just the game's way of saying 'you can't build more than one building in the same chain in the same province'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

shalcar posted:

The markets of Kii bustled. Rice merchants hawked their wares by the granary-load, metalsmiths offered fine blades and the thousand little luxuries of home could be found, for a price. A clan's wealth was it's people, but the gold from trade was it's power.

Another one of the big money making provinces begins it's journey

I'm sorry. I really do try to avoid being a grammaryan. But you want the word "its" in this context. "It's" is short for "it is"; "its" means "belonging to it". Normally it's not a big deal, but seeing the mistake three times in a row like that made my eye twitch.

EDIT:

shalcar posted:

The legend of Chisato did not grow, for no-one outside the Hattori even knew of her. What they did know, was that the Hattori employed vengeful ghosts, creatures that wielded terrible fire and flame against their enemies. No other explanation seemed to be possible, for those so affected could never find a trace of mortal action.

No retainer is gained this level, as you only get them on even ranks. Experience (the yellow bar to the left of the portrait) carries over between levels, as you can see here. Despite the fact Chisato only just reached rank 3, she is already 10 of 60 experience towards rank 4. While that's still a full 4 successful missions away, every bit counts for getting to the elusive rank 6.

I think you meant 'to the right of the portrait'. Hope this helps! :eng101:

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 26, 2013

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

shalcar posted:

The way this is written is incredibly condescending. Perhaps you might consider an alternate scenario where my delays and schedule meant that I have had to cut my normal proofing time short knowing that some minor issues would slip through, rather than the fact that I was functionally illiterate. Cheers for assuming I don't know about contractions, though!
I apologize. My tone wasn't meant to be condescending. If it helps, you can imagine me clawing at the screen like a rabid weasel going aaaaaaaaargh why you do thiiiiiiiis. It's pretty accurate. :downs:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Well, you can't put :devil: on the table and not expect goons to vote for it deliberately.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Well, if voting for the oni directly is out, I hope you'll have time to show off all the crates and haven't secretly eliminated one entirely. I'll vote infantry, because I wanna see a meatgrinder.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

shalcar posted:

Sneak Peak: The Price of Hubris...

Oh dear. :ohdear: Sounds like the Hattori are about to suffer a setback...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I hope no one leaves the thread before your second big announcement.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Closer to 'in it to the end'. Wikipedia says the triarii were older, weathier mean who could afford the best weapons and armor. Most battles were decided one way or another before they actually got into a fight, and if they were called in it was because you needed a win.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So the basic takeaway is that both armor and bows stopped seeing use on the battlefield because it was cheaper to just throw more peasants at the problem?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Tarezax posted:

WAAAAAAAAY back in the Han Dynasty, my family was basically the right hand of the Emperor, and even had enough power to depose the Emperor and install a new one. Then court politics happened and that entire branch of the family got executed :v:
So either you're not descended from that branch of the family, or your avatar is more appropriate than I thought? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

shalcar posted:

"Traitorous cowards" bellowed Yasunaga, the missive crumpled in his gauntleted fist. "So be it! If the other lords wish to sacrifice themselves, then I will see the flames burn bright."

Those magnificent, magnificent bastards. You are probably thinking "The Takaoka are on the west of our empire, right? Our vassals? What the hell is going on?" and you would be right, they are. So let me explain what's going on here. The Takeda want to go to war with us, not the Takaoka. If they declare war on us directly, our vassals, the Takaoka and the Bessho will join us in the fight. However, the Takaoka and the Bessho are not allied, so if the Takeda declare war on the Takaoka, there are two possible outcomes. The first is that I support my vassal and so the Takeda are at war with me and the Takaoka, a net win on declaring on me directly. The second option is that I abandon my vassal and lose them, at which point the Takeda will do the same thing with the Bessho and then finally with me, after which they will peace out with the Bessho and Takaoka leaving just me vs the Takeda. Given the choice between losing my vassals and going to war or just going to war, there really is only one choice.

Okay, I'm confused here. In the first picture, you're given the opportunity to either support your ally (Takaoka) or decline, breaking your alliance with them. But in the second picture, it shows you breaking your alliance with... the Takeda? If you were allied with both of them, why was the option to join the Takeda on the attack grayed out? And is there some indication I missed that both the aggressor and the defender had alliances with you?

• Locked thread