Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How far have the Hattori advanced in their anti-granary techniques? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
How long would it take to reinforce those yari to full strength? And don't they lost experience reinforcing as well (as the veteran pool is diluted by new recruits)?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there a short guide as to what one should do first in Shogun 2? Maybe a 'First 10 Turns™' thing? Shalcar's info writeups are useful, but they are a little overwhelming. I want to play Ikko Ikki, but all I remember from the previous thread was 'build temples every other province'.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What do you mean by 'cheese free'? As I recall, the Ikko need as much help as they can get, so I don't mind being maximum cheesy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
EDIT: apparently Shalcar posted during the writing of this post.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

my dad posted:

The Ninjas of Nanto

Sung to this tune:

(Chorus 1)
WITH NEKO'D TREAD,
UPON GRAIN STORES WE STEAL!
IN SILENCE DREAD,
OUR CAUTIOUS WAY WE FEEL!
NO SOUND AT ALL-
WE CANNOT SPEAK A WORD!
A BLOSSOM'S FALL WILL BE DISTIIIINCTLY HEARD!

Samurai in the trees: TA-TWING, TA-TWIIING, TA-TWING, TA-TWIIIING

SO SILENTLY THE NINJA CREEPS WHILE ALL THE PALACE SOUNDLY SLEEPS!

(Chorus 2)
COME FRIENDS OF THEATRE NOH!
TRUCE TO INFILTRATION,
WE'RE ON ANOTHER GRAIN RUN!
HUSH NOW, IT'S TIME TO GO,
SING SCALES SABOTAGE-EOH!

(spoken)SHH, QUIET!

HEEERE'S YOUR KAMA,
AND YOUR SHURIKEN!
YOUR FAA-AAA-ARMER'S GAA-AARB,
PUT THEM ON NOW MEN!
YOUR POISONED HAIRPINS,
AND CLOTH-LINED SHOES SEIZE!
NO NINJA STYLE,
JUST SERVANTS' OUTFITS, PLEASE!

WITH NEKO'S TREAD,
Samurai in the trees: TA-TWING, TA-TWIIING
IN SILENCE DREAD!
Samurai in the trees: TA-TWING, TA-TWIIING

(Repeat Chorus 1)
(Repeat Chorus 2)

WITH NEKO'D TREAD,
UPON GRAIN STORES WE STEEEAL!
IN SILENCE DREAD,
OUR CAUTIOUS WAAAAY WE FEEEEEEEL!

[Begin kickline)

COME FRIENDS OF THEATRE NOH!
TRUCE TO INFILTRATION,
WE'RE ON ANOTHER GRAIN RUN!
HUSH NOW, IT'S TIME TO GO,
SING SCALES SABOTAAAGE-EEEEOH!

WITH NEKO'D TREAD,
UPON GRAIN STORES WE STEEEAL!
IN SILENCE DREAD,
OUR CAUTIOUS WAAAAY WE FEEEEEEEL!

This isn't too long, is it? Now that I actually see it posted, it's kind of embarrassing how much effort I put into it :shobon:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 15, 2013

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AtomikKrab posted:

you didn't include arts and buildings that increase tax rates

No, I'm saving those for 'The Minister (Or The Town of Titty-poo)', a play that satirizes Japanese bureaucracy, but thinly disguised by a British setting :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Like you said though, Sydin, the main benefit of firearms, even the early ones, was that they broke an enemy's morale. It's why the American Civil War has many accounts of bayonet charges but only a few bayonet fights; the charge itself was so effective at causing enemies to flee that many respectable publications of the time (such as Jomini and Clausewitz's books on tactics) sometimes held the actual firing as a mere prelude to the charge. I also recall some general or other forgoing the firing altogether and relying solely on the charge, but I can't remember where I read that, and it's possible I'm just misremembering.

• Locked thread