Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Binary Badger posted:

It also won't give you an EFI boot screen (gray screen which can wind up at the boot disk menu if you hold down option), the screen will stay black until the login window / desktop (if you have automatic login) comes up.

That's a Mac Pro thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Binary Badger posted:

The only obvious showstopper is the 970.. as far as I know it'll only work if you download nVidia's web drivers for OS X 10.10.1.

It also won't give you an EFI boot screen (gray screen which can wind up at the boot disk menu if you hold down option), the screen will stay black until the login window / desktop (if you have automatic login) comes up.

Is there really any benefit to installing the nVidia drivers? I have a GTX 660 Ti so it's not like I have a brand new card or anything, but OpenGL performance on things like UE 3 games can be pretty bad at times (compared to the same game under Windows and probably DirectX).

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you can run your card on the native drivers leave it as is. The Nvidia drivers are meant for the new and more cutting edge cards that Apple doesn't support directly.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I tested them ages ago on my GTX 670, which I have since given away to my little brother. Anyway, they performed no better than the built-in drivers. So yeah, I'm going to say, the web drivers are really prototype testing grounds for cards that haven't made it into the bundled drivers, or probably never will if they're not to the benefit of users with stock Apple supplied video chipsets.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Not that OS X has great OpenGL performance anyway, but IIRC all UE3 games would be cider wrappers which does explain at least some of the lower performance compared to Windows. Valve and Blizzard games are at least "closer".

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

~Coxy posted:

Not that OS X has great OpenGL performance anyway, but IIRC all UE3 games would be cider wrappers which does explain at least some of the lower performance compared to Windows. Valve and Blizzard games are at least "closer".

I didn't even think of that, but it explains why it was roughly the same as running it under wine. I guess I'll just stick with the Apple drivers then.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Beeftweeter posted:

I didn't even think of that, but it explains why it was roughly the same as running it under wine. I guess I'll just stick with the Apple drivers then.

wine is sometimes faster than Windows, depending on the game. OpenGL performance on OSX just sucks.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

evol262 posted:

wine is sometimes faster than Windows, depending on the game. OpenGL performance on OSX just sucks.

Yeah, running some normal .NET or "classic" Windows apps under wine is actually faster for me if they work at all, and I'm guessing they're faster because they probably have loads of hacks to get around bugs or to make things run. Don't get me wrong though, I've been using it for years and it has improved massively since they switched from using X11 to a native Cocoa backend.

Anyway, I ran into an interesting issue today. I know that Netflix has HTML 5 streaming under Yosemeite (MSE/EME were big "selling" points at WWDC even, and it works on my 2013 MBA at any rate), but it doesn't work on my Hackintosh. According to their support page, it only works on 2011 and newer Macs since it requires Sandy Bridge or newer for some reason — I'm guessing that's because it uses the integrated GPU for H.264 support (Intel Clear Video maybe?).

Does it work for any of you guys? My Hackintosh has a Haswell CPU (i7 4770k) and it doesn't for me, but I keep the Intel GPU disabled since I have the GTX 660 Ti (does GPU switching even work?) and it kernel panics when I enable it anyway. Is there any way around this? For obvious reasons I don't really want to use Silverlight.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
Protected / HDCP video doesn't work with Netflix in Safari on a Hackintosh for the same reason that iTunes and protected video doesn't work. Either you get green and magenta garbage, or you get no video at all.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

Does it work for any of you guys? My Hackintosh has a Haswell CPU (i7 4770k) and it doesn't for me, but I keep the Intel GPU disabled since I have the GTX 660 Ti (does GPU switching even work?) and it kernel panics when I enable it anyway. Is there any way around this? For obvious reasons I don't really want to use Silverlight.

You might be able to get it to work if you set the Intel iGPU as primary in your BIOS. I did this once and it wasn't too hard, just look for a guide about how to get aTV streaming to work.
In the end I disabled it though because setting the iGPU as primary in the BIOS meant that I didn't get to see any of my boot screens because my LCDs are plugged into my NV GPU.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

kode54 posted:

Protected / HDCP video doesn't work with Netflix in Safari on a Hackintosh for the same reason that iTunes and protected video doesn't work. Either you get green and magenta garbage, or you get no video at all.

HDCP works for me, and I think you can even verify HDCP status in System Profiler. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, but it might be a driver issue/unsupported card?

~Coxy posted:

You might be able to get it to work if you set the Intel iGPU as primary in your BIOS. I did this once and it wasn't too hard, just look for a guide about how to get aTV streaming to work.
In the end I disabled it though because setting the iGPU as primary in the BIOS meant that I didn't get to see any of my boot screens because my LCDs are plugged into my NV GPU.

I selected some "quick boot" thing in my BIOS to see what it does and found out that it that skips the POST memory check (so you can't get into the BIOS without pulling the CMOS battery :ughh:). I guess I'll try this when I get around to doing that but as far as I can remember there's some stupid injection bullshit you need to do for the Intel GPU anyway, so I might just forget about it and keep using Silverlight.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
It's not that HDCP doesn't work for me, because my monitors did connect that way. It's that the iTunes protected content would not play. It didn't work with my R9 270X, which I had to run with integrated graphics enabled as my primary display adapter to even support decode acceleration. When I tried running it without the integrated graphics as the boot device, it would fail to support the 120Hz of my then primary gaming monitor, setting that mode would lock up the display drivers until I forced a reboot. It would also cause anything that attempted to use the system H.264 acceleration to outright crash, like YouTube tabs constantly crashing when they happened to load the HTML5 player.

All worked fine when the Intel HD Graphics 4000 was the primary display. Of course, that came with its own set of problems. Display adapter sync glitches occurred at random if a monitor was actually connected to the motherboard, appearing as blocks of the screen rendering out of sync with the rest of the screen, scrolling garbage, etc. Remedied by never having a monitor attached to the integrated graphics.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

kode54 posted:

It's not that HDCP doesn't work for me, because my monitors did connect that way. It's that the iTunes protected content would not play. It didn't work with my R9 270X, which I had to run with integrated graphics enabled as my primary display adapter to even support decode acceleration. When I tried running it without the integrated graphics as the boot device, it would fail to support the 120Hz of my then primary gaming monitor, setting that mode would lock up the display drivers until I forced a reboot. It would also cause anything that attempted to use the system H.264 acceleration to outright crash, like YouTube tabs constantly crashing when they happened to load the HTML5 player.

All worked fine when the Intel HD Graphics 4000 was the primary display. Of course, that came with its own set of problems. Display adapter sync glitches occurred at random if a monitor was actually connected to the motherboard, appearing as blocks of the screen rendering out of sync with the rest of the screen, scrolling garbage, etc. Remedied by never having a monitor attached to the integrated graphics.

Interesting, that actually sounds almost exactly like an issue I had when upgrading a really long time ago (I think when going from 10.6 -> 10.7 but it might have been 10.7/10.8 since it was with the GTX 660 Ti and not my ancient 8800 GT) — it wasn't even protected content that wouldn't play correctly, it was all H.264 content. It had very similar behavior to what you were describing (all playback would be either nothing or some smeary green GOPs). I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it but I think I had to turn Chameleon's nVidia injection off and just let OS X use the card's built-in EFI firmware. I haven't used an ATI/AMD card since the Radeon 9800 Pro though so I have no idea whether or not that would work for you or if it's even possible.

I still get the odd screen corruption like you do when scrolling or moving windows around though (and I've seen it happen on my MacBook Air with the HD 5000 also), so I think that's just an OS X thing.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Got Clover working to the point where I can boot up with sound over HDMI.

Any way I can reduce the number of launch options on it's screen? Having Windows be seven icons away from OSX is a far cry from my Chimera setup of having a Windows and Mac icon next to each other and OSX launch automatically in three seconds if no keys are pressed.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
So I tried installing OS 10.10 on a spare hard drive.

Everything works up until I install the chimera bootloader using multibeast. After which, attempting to load the OSX drive just restarts after seeing the apple loading screen for a couple seconds.
Loading with the usb works nearly perfectly except sound.

Is this a kext issue or is my hardware just not compatible with chimera?

mobo
asus p8p67

cpu
sandy bridge 2500k

video card
gtx670

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Thanks to this thread I've got 10.10.2 running on an old Lenovo SL400 with nvidia graphics. My sage wisdom from that journey is whenever you encounter a system halting boot error, just throw odd combination of boot flags in there and see what sticks.

Yosemite looks a million times better than Snow Leopard. What a treat to have what feels like a brand new computer to do nothing productive with.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Beeftweeter posted:

Yeah, running some normal .NET or "classic" Windows apps under wine is actually faster for me if they work at all, and I'm guessing they're faster because they probably have loads of hacks to get around bugs or to make things run. Don't get me wrong though, I've been using it for years and it has improved massively since they switched from using X11 to a native Cocoa backend.

Anyway, I ran into an interesting issue today. I know that Netflix has HTML 5 streaming under Yosemeite (MSE/EME were big "selling" points at WWDC even, and it works on my 2013 MBA at any rate), but it doesn't work on my Hackintosh. According to their support page, it only works on 2011 and newer Macs since it requires Sandy Bridge or newer for some reason — I'm guessing that's because it uses the integrated GPU for H.264 support (Intel Clear Video maybe?).

It requires Sandy Bridge or newer as it relies on EFI-DRM support that was added with those Macs. No one has figured out how it works, exactly, or what values we are missing from our EFI loaders, but whatever the 'thing' is...it is the reason iTunes Movie playback doesn't work on any hack with a Sandy Bridge (or newer) processor.

It's making an EFI call and getting nothing back. Just use Chrome for Netflix playback - it does Netflix HTML5 without the EFI DRM.

Beeftweeter posted:

Is there really any benefit to installing the nVidia drivers? I have a GTX 660 Ti so it's not like I have a brand new card or anything, but OpenGL performance on things like UE 3 games can be pretty bad at times (compared to the same game under Windows and probably DirectX).

In the not-too-distant past, installing the Nvidia drivers (and modifying an Apple kext so as to remove a deliberate restriction) enabled MST support, for the 5 UHD monitors that actually use MST.

The real benefit now is enabling support for GPUs Apple's driver doesn't support. 750TI, 780TI, 960, 970, 980, Titan, Titan Black, Titan Z, etc. Also, a bunch of Quadros that no one cares about.

enMTW fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 19, 2015

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the 780ti supported natively now? If it is your the first I have seen of it.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

oohhboy posted:

Is the 780ti supported natively now? If it is your the first I have seen of it.

Add that card to the list - works with the web driver, does not work with Apple's driver. I just listed the 'most popular' cards.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

enMTW posted:

In the not-too-distant past, installing the Nvidia drivers (and modifying an Apple kext so as to remove a deliberate restriction) enabled MST support, for the 5 UHD monitors that actually use MST.

Do you know much about UHD stuff? I'm about to upgrade from 10.8 to 10.10 and plan to grab one of the new Philips 40" 4k monitors at the same time but I'm having trouble finding out if I will be able to get the full 4k @ 60hz via displayport without a bunch of loving around, and from what I can find people who had it working under 10.10.1 dropped back to 30hz after the point upgrade. I have a 770GTX if that helps at all.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

RandomCheese posted:

Do you know much about UHD stuff? I'm about to upgrade from 10.8 to 10.10 and plan to grab one of the new Philips 40" 4k monitors at the same time but I'm having trouble finding out if I will be able to get the full 4k @ 60hz via displayport without a bunch of loving around, and from what I can find people who had it working under 10.10.1 dropped back to 30hz after the point upgrade. I have a 770GTX if that helps at all.

You really don't want a 40" monitor. You won't need to deal with scaling, but you aren't going to get HiDPI at that size class. Unless you really know what you are doing - as in, you know exactly why you are getting a 40" television instead of a 24" monitor - don't get one.

As for 60hz: it works with the right monitor. You see, Apple only supports MST (the ((janky)) technology used in first-gen UHD displays to get 60hz working) on a couple specific models of Mac. There was a workaround to get it working on machines with Nvidia cards that ran the web driver, but that stopped working on 10.10.2, as you said.

What you want is a display that meets the retina size class (so you get glorious text) and is single stream (as opposed to multi stream, MST). The Dell P2415Q is the only one I can think of. The UP2414Q that came before it meets the size class, but uses MST.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&sku=860-BBFF

Just plug it in and it works on any GPU that has DisplayPort 1.2. Your card has 1.2. OS X will see it as a HiDPI display and set the resolution to the 1920 simulated res. Plug and play!

There are a couple other UHD monitors/televisions that use SST (and, as such, work in OS X) but they are all made for PCs, in that they are huge specifically because scaling in Windows is broken as poo poo. Apparently the OEM-endorsed workaround is just to make the display 40, 50 inches.

If you truly want a 40 inch display. post the model number(s) of the one(s) you are considering and I'll let you know if it works or not.

enMTW fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 20, 2015

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the info. The screen I'm considering is this one, I wasn't looking for smoother fonts, just more workspace. I primarily use my mac for Logic and often end up with a mixer that runs well past the edge of my current 1440p screen and more tracks than can fit vertically in the space I have, I am continually resizing windows to see what I need so having that extra screen real estate would be great for my workflow. From what I can tell the dpi will be much the same as the 27" screen I am using now, just more of it which is definitely what I am after. My other option is a second 27" 1440p but I'd need to do a lot of rearrangement in my room and desk to accomodate the second screen whereas the 40" will just need my studio monitors moved to the side a bit.

I am fairly certain that the screen is SST, saw it mentioned somewhere in the myriad of sites I have scoured for info on if this will work the way I want. Can I run the screen without HDPI just at native res? Dropping down to 1080p would make the upgrade not worthwhile regardless of how smooth the fonts are.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

RandomCheese posted:

Thanks for the info. The screen I'm considering is this one, I wasn't looking for smoother fonts, just more workspace. I primarily use my mac for Logic and often end up with a mixer that runs well past the edge of my current 1440p screen and more tracks than can fit vertically in the space I have, I am continually resizing windows to see what I need so having that extra screen real estate would be great for my workflow. From what I can tell the dpi will be much the same as the 27" screen I am using now, just more of it which is definitely what I am after. My other option is a second 27" 1440p but I'd need to do a lot of rearrangement in my room and desk to accomodate the second screen whereas the 40" will just need my studio monitors moved to the side a bit.

I am fairly certain that the screen is SST, saw it mentioned somewhere in the myriad of sites I have scoured for info on if this will work the way I want. Can I run the screen without HDPI just at native res? Dropping down to 1080p would make the upgrade not worthwhile regardless of how smooth the fonts are.

It uses SST. Yes, you can run it at native res - you'll have to use DisplayMenu or a similar app to set the resolution and you're good. That's not a hackintosh thing, just how Apple supports 4k on OS X.

Native res at 60hz works. Go for it!

enMTW fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 21, 2015

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
http://liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-macpro-i-always-wanted.2936/

Someone earlier asked about a Mac Pro workstation...
Check out this monster...

2x Intel Xeon 8-core E5-2687W Sandy Bridge-EP 3.1GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)
Asus Z9PE-D8 motherboard
64 GB RAM
7 PCI 3.0 lanes (currently 2x Titan Black, Decklink, SAN, RAID)
Raystorm D5-360 water cooling system
Enough space to lift the cards off the motherboard (to use 7 double-width cards)
SolarFlare 10GBE card
6-drive enclosure (currently RAID 0 with Areca ARC1223-8 SAS RAID adapter for cache and local storage)
2x 2.5" SSD bays for system disks
1500W power supply
Optical drive

Outperforms, and is cheaper than a kitted out trash can...

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'm jumping back into the land of hackintoshery after a long hiatus and the only thing that I had trouble with is iMessage. Turns out you don't have to clone a real Mac anymore, which is great for a lot of reasons.

The tonymac article is unbelievably obtuse and wordy, and for Clover users it also happens to be pretty much completely wrong. I found a much more straightforward guide on reddit, thankfully.

It's actually pretty simple, so I thought I'd share what worked for me. This assumes you're using Clover and everything else is working properly for the most part. If you're using Chimera or something, you're a grandpa and you should get with the times.

- Run ifconfig in terminal and make sure your primary network interface is en0. If you don't have an en0, something is very wrong with your whole setup and/or life. Trash everything in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and reboot. Yes, this is overkill but it can't hurt anything.
- Open Clover Configurator, mount your EFI partition and import your config.plist
- In the RT Variables section on the left, make sure there's nothing in there. Counterintuitive, but it needs to be blank.
- Go to SMBIOS and use the magic wand thingy to generate a fake profile for your machine. I've got a Haswell system, so iMac 14.1 is close enough for me. Don't forget to use the "shake" buttons to randomize your serial number.
- Go to https://selfsolve.apple.com/ and type in your serial. You should see "We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again, or contact us." This is good. If you see something else, randomize your serial again. You want something that looks to Apple like a real serial, but is unregistered.
- Run "uuidgen" in Terminal, copypaste the output into the SmUUID field in Clover Configurator.
- In the Board Serial Number field, copypaste your serial number and add random hex numbers until it's 17 characters long.
- Save that poo poo! You're done! Nearly!

Now, trash anything iMessage related in ~/Library/Caches and ~/Library/Preferences. So, com.apple.Messages, com.apple.imfoundation*, com.apple.iChat, imagent, imessage, imservice. Anything that looks remotely chattish or messaging related. Go nuts, you can't really hurt anything by getting rid of files in those folders. Also toss your ~/Library/Messages folder entirely.

edit: by the way ~ means "your user folder" and it's hidden because Apple thinks you're a baby. Hold Option while opening the Go menu in Finder to get there.

Reboot! Log in! It should work! Unless you get "call customer service", in which case your Apple ID is probably blacklisted and you should call customer service.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 24, 2015

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
I'll be serious, here, getting iMessage to work (even on clover) is like chasing some mythical flying beast. I gave up on getting it to work on my build around Christmas, when the general consensus was to not bother due to Apple ID bans and I couldn't get past the "call support" dialog box. Yet, here I boot it up today, and it works 100% fine. Who knows what changed?

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Hmmm... That iMessage Makes me want to try clover again. Last time I tried with the tonymac article on clover I got stuck, and found it obtuse. Are there any better guides out there?

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Had issues getting my setup to 10.10 without a million things going wrong in both clover and chameleon installers, and even when I had it bootable I discovered my firewire soundcard isn't compatible with Yosemite which is a complete dealbreaker.

Installed 10.9.5 via unibeast, everything went much smoother, and my new 40 inch 4k screen is running full res @60hz. This is so much screen.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

I just do iMessage through Clover. Took the real values from one of the Macs I owned and used them. Worked fine. No call in or any of that stuff.

They don't do Apple ID /bans/ (unless you are sending spam or are connecting using an IP banned for sending spam ((all of Amazon AWS, some of Linode and DigitalOcean))) but they do lock accounts for security reasons (logging into a 'Mac' with no MLB value set is a bit unusual, so they lock for it)

You can call in to unlock. The guy on the phone can also manually allow you to login with no values set. Just use Clover, the newest versions set enough by-default that you can use iMessage.

Maybe, when I get some time, I'll post a Clover guide.

enMTW fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 25, 2015

da weed wizard
Feb 19, 2005
I'm trying to help a friend, is it possible to make a Hackintosh that will also be good at AutoCAD? The issue becomes the video card right?

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

da weed wizard posted:

I'm trying to help a friend, is it possible to make a Hackintosh that will also be good at AutoCAD? The issue becomes the video card right?

Should be fine. CUDA drivers work perfectly fine for me on a 760.

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
Spotless CUDA support on my hackintosh with a GTX780 as my GUI card, and a GTX Titan for Processing (DaVinci Resolve).

Sound? MoBo drivers are weird I think I screwed them in yosemite, but didn't care as Sound through My Blackmagick Decklink or (strangely) my Dell Monitor was fine.
Thunderbolt? Still No Go.

I think your buddy will be fine for AutoCAD.

Think I'll try doing a clover build from scratch next week.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Armagnac posted:

Spotless CUDA support on my hackintosh with a GTX780 as my GUI card, and a GTX Titan for Processing (DaVinci Resolve).

Sound? MoBo drivers are weird I think I screwed them in yosemite, but didn't care as Sound through My Blackmagick Decklink or (strangely) my Dell Monitor was fine.
Thunderbolt? Still No Go.

I think your buddy will be fine for AutoCAD.

Think I'll try doing a clover build from scratch next week.

Thunderbolt should be working. It's hot swapping that is hosed up (and no one feels like fixing it)

Plug the TB device in prior to booting. :)

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.

enMTW posted:

Thunderbolt should be working. It's hot swapping that is hosed up (and no one feels like fixing it)

Plug the TB device in prior to booting. :)

Tried, could not get it working on my end... Tried a bunch of stuff... Maybe that will change when I try clover, is there history of problems with TB & Multibeast?

Also, if there's anyone here who's had a couple clover builds under their belt, and gotten iMessage & Sound & Thunderbolt working on their end, I would totally pay for your time as a person I could contact if I run into trouble. Just PM me.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Armagnac posted:

Tried, could not get it working on my end... Tried a bunch of stuff... Maybe that will change when I try clover, is there history of problems with TB & Multibeast?

Also, if there's anyone here who's had a couple clover builds under their belt, and gotten iMessage & Sound & Thunderbolt working on their end, I would totally pay for your time as a person I could contact if I run into trouble. Just PM me.

What motherboard do you have? Most Gigabyte ones require you to install Windows and the thunderbolt drivers on the drive CD to 'activate' Thunderbolt. Seriously.

I don't have PM, but I could help you out later today with Clover. I don't do the Clover patch for Audio (I use an external DAC) but I have working Thunderbolt and iMessage. I've always had working iMessage, as I do things 'right' (I have generate valid MLB/ROM values and use them)

The TonyMac iMessage guide is the most inane paranoid bullshit I've ever seen....iMessage doesn't even look at the serial number but there they are, trying to generate ones selfsolve.apple.com takes....

enMTW fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 6, 2015

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm out of the hackintosh game for the near future. It's been an occasionally frustrating, but very educational and cost effective 6+ years. :)

Now WTF do I do with this socket 775 Shuttle...

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 7, 2015

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

enMTW posted:

The TonyMac iMessage guide is the most inane paranoid bullshit I've ever seen....

I hear you, brother. At times it reads like the timecube dude wrote it.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Slowhanded posted:

I hear you, brother. At times it reads like the timecube dude wrote it.

I've tried that article before and just gave up on iMessage but Dr. Fishopolis' post earlier made everything magically work.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I, too, gave up on the Hackintosh game. I bought a Retina 5K iMac, and have been using that since I got it.

I did have to reinstall and revive my last Hackintosh desktop for a few hours, though, because I had somehow used up all of my iTunes activations, and needed to deactivate the one on it. Of course, last December 25th, I was once again allowed to reset all of my activations. It kind of annoys me that they only let you do that once per year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

la de dah

http://i.imgur.com/0Xfi88R.png

If anyone doesn't have working iMessage and uses CloverEFI, let me know. I'm writing a simple, no bullshit guide on getting it working. Just need some people who don't have it working so I can see going on in their config.plist.

enMTW fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 7, 2015

• Locked thread