Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Just gonna throw out there that Nanoha is like magical girl Gundam, which is pretty different, imo.

Also, the kyu is for cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

Except those are all amazing and she's a great singer?

Yeah, like, her Shuffle and Higurashi OP covers are pretty great.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PerrineClostermann posted:

Here's hoping they bring it to the Midwest. The first two had a few showings in Kansas City, so there's hope. If they'd just bring it to my city, though, and save me the drive...

Everyone loves Perrine. Except for Aniplex USA.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ViggyNash posted:

I have to agree with him on this. Key shows are almost the only shows that have brought me to tears. I think Angel Beats did it twice actually. Casshern Sins had me on the verge of tears for the majority of the show. Compared to those, Madoka doesn't hit as hard, but it comes close.
This has little to do with writing and everything to do with Jun Maeda's compositions. It's not so much that a scene is sad; it's that the scene is accompanied by sad violins and pianos, and that just kills you.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

what does that even mean

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bro Enlai posted:

Indeed, you're talking about my Tumblr

I knew that art style looked familiar...

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PSO2 outfits, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

mr. stefan posted:

God dammit the closest showing is in DC. :negative:

Somehow, ATLANTA is getting screwed again in getting a showing. It's not like we have a top 10 anime convention down here or anything.

• Locked thread