Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
I would definitely like to try this, but 1.06 is crashing every time I try to run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

madjackmcmad posted:

The first version of the build I put up was bad, but I have since corrected it. I just saw a 1.06 crash on launch come in, so I'm guessing that's you. I'm on it!

Yeah, that'd be me. Let me know if you need me to crash it any more.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
New 1.06 runs fine :)

Some thoughts:

-Definitely fix the issue where sometimes the ranged autotarget doesn't autotarget anything. For that matter, as basic wizard zaps (and, I assume, ranger shots) don't do anything unless targeted at an enemy, I would suggest making the target automatically snap to other enemies when moved. Basically, right now, given this situation (@ is player, A and B are monsters, x's are targeting line):

code:
...A
...x
...x
B..@
if you hit the left arrow, it becomes

code:
..xA
..x.
...x
B..@
while I'm suggesting hitting left would result in

code:
...A
Bxx@
-The chests in the undead-themed areas block the view of what's underneath. The dropped items should show on top of the chest.

-Some kind of resolution control would be nice. on a 1366x768 screen, the top and bottom of the window are cut off, and resizing the window smaller just cuts off the bottom more.

-NPC's that can be spoken to should not be swappable by moving into them, and (if this is changed) they should never wander into a spot that blocks the way into and out of a building.

-I had a town spawn where one of the building's hedgewalls ran all the way off of the screen, so I couldn't get inside of the building.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind a more detailed list of the stats or something, because sometimes I forget what does what when I'm adding extra points mid-game.

Also I just sent in a thing at the end of my latest game about how I got melee'd from like 10 squares away.

If this is what I'm thinking it is, it's the charge move some enemies have. If you dodge it, the 'swipe' animation still plays, but the enemy doesn't actually move to you. It should really work where a missed charge just puts them next to you with no damage.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Threw $50 at the kickstarter, and unless I'm misreading it, at 42 hours to go you've beaten your target by $400 :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Underwhelmed posted:

But you don't want to pick up that ring. Gods no you don't want it...

It's always cursed and prevents you from wearing armor.

• Locked thread