Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Chmining in to say how fun this game is even in alpha.

(Also to continue from what madjackmcmad quoted in the OP: I died, beaten by a fancy skeleton.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

madjackmcmad posted:

I'm getting ready to release version 1.06 to the wild, any of you guys think you can bang on it for a little bit to make sure I didn't poo poo the bed with one of my changes?

http://www.dungeonmans.com/dungeonmans106.zip

There are some non-documented changes, this is the first time I'm trying that out, specifically adding gameplay elements that are going to be a surprise. Maybe that's a bad idea? Roguelikes!

Trying to run Dungeonmans 1.06 leads to straight up crashes so all I see is your new crash report form, no idea why as obviously I was able to play the previous release.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

madjackmcmad posted:

Steam store page is up! Game unlocks in X days, Y hours woo!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288120

How is EA gonna work with the levels of backing?

Like if you have the £10 tier, do you have to upgrade via emailing you to pay the next tier up if we want get the steam key for EA or will there some store option?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Southern Gentlemans is great, I love the Blazing Vituperation skill :allears:

Although there is a bug with it that might affect other ire skills; when you use the skill it makes your ire drain but if you mash the skill button you can fire it off like 3 to 4 times if you only have about 13 ire.

Seems to be because the BV doesn't seem to cost 10 ire instantly it just starts the drain, allowing you to fire off more attacks.

E: 30 ire =

FairyNuff fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 29, 2014

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

madjackmcmad posted:

What an awesome screenshot, that bug is now dangerously close to becoming a feature.

I can think of promising combinations as after testing all the tantrum skills can get mashed, wanna use that Tearin' Around and make a heavily armoured guy tank everything then spam attacks.

E; Tearin' Around is very useful like this.

Although you have to be careful as the enemy can get some hits in and wreck you.

FairyNuff fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 29, 2014

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

victrix posted:

Bannermans is feeling a little gimpy because you have six banner skills, all are expensive, they only last a few turns, and they take a turn to cast.

Might feel better if you could have one as a 'passive' while turned on, with the ability to plant it as an active ability, so you're always getting some benefit from all the skill points invested in them.

Yeah Banners seem lacklustre.

Maybe if they had some more interesting effects as well, but they seem like expensive dull buffs.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

madjackmcmad posted:

They are certainly situational, though the first melee banner is almost like having a free academy rejuv potion for every fight, and the starburns one is pretty good at helping clear crowds. That's... two out of six banners! :eng99:

I'm considering each point in Bannermans giving you a passive buff as well, like bonus damage to Starlight damage dealt, as a reward for sticking with the tree.

They definitely need a buff, the movement impairing one almost seems too situational? I mean you need to know the enemy that uses movement skills, hope that you see them first to have the turn to place it. Not to mention you waste a turn of damage/positioning, for countering a very specific set of moves.

You could mix the first 2 herald triumphant ones, or give them effects like deflecting (for arrows) or absorb/reflecting for spells to make them more worthwhile.

Also if you use polearms (as a Bannerman's primary weapon) you can't use any other weapon skills at all, not even 2 handed!

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

madjackmcmad posted:

All yours on Monday: http://steamcommunity.com/app/288120/discussions/0/540743757828309195/

I should update the site too but nobody goes there.

I really like the changes especially to the Tricksonomy spells, Big Bamf gives wizardmans a good escape option and the buff swap sounds like it would be fun, *drink heartburn potion*.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

The option select on the menu is a bit off:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

madjackmcmad posted:

Geo I assume you're playing in Fullscreen? What resolution are you running?

1360x768

However I've just noticed the option select graphic breaks even when I'm not in fullscreen mode, when starting the game windowed the graphic is correctly aligned, however after tabbing out and then back it is offset no matter whether it is windowed or fullscreen.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

nftyw posted:

Still crashed.

e: And now, even without skins installed, it crashes at around 79% when generating a new Academy. I guess the game doesn't want me to customize it :(

I'm getting the same crash when generating an academy and I haven't mucked about with skins :(

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Decoymans is such a useful spell, I've been messing about as a wizardmans and it and the light clothing shield really saves everytime I blunder into trouble. I only wish that healing was slightly easier as if you wait enemies pawn and there are only so many potions.

Frankosity posted:

I also just can't get anywhere with the Southern Gentlemans. Can anyone give me tips on builds/strategies?

When you get enough Ire just spam whatever ability you have selected to use it repeatedly before the ire drains away. Of course doing this just lets the enemy spam their turns after :v:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

SpruceZeus posted:

So I just lost a really great mans because the game did not see fit to stop resting even when a pack of monsters came out of nowhere and started beating on me, and I couldn't mash keys fast enough to cancel resting and save myself. GG

you snooze you lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

madjackmcmad posted:

There used to be a bug where you could toss out F-Bombs as fast as you can click the icon.

That was amazing. :allears:

• Locked thread