Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
We're separating our Beta Backers into two groups for efficient testing. Group A just got their keys tonight! People are actually playing the game now, ahhh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I just got my key this morning and now I'm stuck at work waiting so I can go home and play! :woop: I have been SO excited to be able to do this.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Finally got a chance to sit down and try the game out. Still really early on in it and I won't go into any spoilers or anything, but I will say I'm REALLY digging the soundtrack. Really glad I pre-ordered it on vinyl. :)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Yeah, please don't spoil anything goons.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

I only just came across this via an article on Kotaku, and I can't believe I missed all of the Kickstarting and everything! Big fan of your work since the CYOAs, and I'm looking forward to getting the game in September!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I want to confess something (and I'll delete it if Gaspy, a mod or an admin says disclosing this isn't okay) - the reason I was being annoying about talking up the Kickstarter campaign on the forums way back when was because Gaspy was told by then-GBS-mod Abe that if he mentioned the Kickstarter in his GBS Dropsy thread, 'even a whisper', he would be punished. I was worried that if I ever mentioned it myself outside of Games, Abe would flip out and I wouldn't be the only one in trouble - something like "Kill off Dropsy forever and never use him in anything ever again, on or off the forums, or you're permabanned. LEAVE THESE FORUMS OR WE'LL SHOOT THIS CLOWN"

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 31, 2015

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfRjByXbenA
Here's the new trailer! Woohoo!

BiggerJ posted:

I want to confess something (and I'll delete it if Gaspy, a mod or an admin says disclosing this isn't okay) - the reason I was being annoying about talking up the Kickstarter campaign on the forums way back when was because Gaspy was told by then-GBS-mod Abe that if he mentioned the Kickstarter in his GBS Dropsy thread, 'even a whisper', he would be punished. I was worried that if I ever mentioned it myself outside of Games, Abe would flip out and I wouldn't be the only one in trouble - something like "Kill off Dropsy forever and never use him in anything ever again, on or off the forums, or you're permabanned. LEAVE THESE FORUMS OR WE'LL SHOOT THIS CLOWN"

It's cool! I appreciate the support. :0)
That said, I can totally see how they wouldn't want of people shilling their Kickstarters in GBS. And they did help me by putting the CYOA on the front page. It was pretty cool in the end.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

not one writeup i've seen anywhere has mentioned SA or anything about dropsy's history, but idk if that's an actual editorial decision or just modern "journalism"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

not one writeup i've seen anywhere has mentioned SA or anything about dropsy's history, but idk if that's an actual editorial decision or just modern "journalism"

Well I don't know why they would, it's really not pertinent and the game looks like it's going to be great and stand on its own merits. We don't need random people going "and this was MADE by a GOON, can you believe it?!", it's totally not necessary.

Anyway, haven't really been following development since I wanted to go in fresh, looking forward to the game's release. That's all!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

Well I don't know why they would, it's really not pertinent and the game looks like it's going to be great and stand on its own merits. We don't need random people going "and this was MADE by a GOON, can you believe it?!", it's totally not necessary.

Anyway, haven't really been following development since I wanted to go in fresh, looking forward to the game's release. That's all!

if this were the case, that would be "an editorial decision", something which i mentioned as a possibility

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Am I on the B list? If I'm on the A list, I never got your email.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

BiggerJ posted:

Am I on the B list? If I'm on the A list, I never got your email.

Yep you are. B listers are now getting the email on the 4 or 5th of august! :)

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I loved the Dropsy adventures way back when, so I'm totally gonna buy this once it's released. Good to see it's gotten this far!

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'm trying to make the bulk of Dropsy's dreamworld in ONE WEEK. I don't only have one week to do it, but it would help to slam out as many of these scenes as possible: https://goo.gl/200xlY

Steam here, I'll be on almost all day every day: http://hitbox.tv/dropsy
I'm on tonight until midnight EST.

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I loved the Dropsy adventures way back when, so I'm totally gonna buy this once it's released. Good to see it's gotten this far!

Thanks man. :)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Speaking of the dreamworld, are my backer rewards (statue in the dreamworld and character in the real world in the aquarium) still in the game?

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

BiggerJ posted:

Speaking of the dreamworld, are my backer rewards (statue in the dreamworld and character in the real world in the aquarium) still in the game?

Yeah, I'm gonna email you so we can discuss specifics. I'll be adding and/or finalizing backer stuff in about two weeks.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

If you've sent me any emails about the beta or backer content I haven't gotten them. I'm not impatient, just paranoid about my stupid-rear end email account.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Got my beta key today in the e-mail. I'll be beta-testing ASAP :).
@Jay, is it better for you if we report possibly critical bugs (eg. the game won't start, unless...) immediately, or in a batch after we've played for a while?
Also, other than unity3d's player.log (in Linux) and the cfg file in the Save folder, are there any other files that would be of use to you for debugging? (and is there a debug mode to run the game?)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
The .sav files would be a huge help. Email them to dropsytheclown@gmail when you get a chance to test. :) And any/all bugs would be helpful to report.

BiggerJ posted:

If you've sent me any emails about the beta or backer content I haven't gotten them. I'm not impatient, just paranoid about my stupid-rear end email account.

Let me know if you've got yours now!

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
I was directed here from the Star Citizen thread (thanks Eonwe!). Immediately preordered the game because it looks awesome. September can't come quickly enough.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Is there a place I can find all the old Dropsy CYOA stuff?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ratpick posted:

I was directed here from the Star Citizen thread (thanks Eonwe!). Immediately preordered the game because it looks awesome. September can't come quickly enough.

d'awww

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Aw, thanks y'all! :0)

Geight posted:

Is there a place I can find all the old Dropsy CYOA stuff?

http://jaytholen.net/dropsy2.html is the original thread, there were ~3 others but I didn't finish any of them because I always got sad that I wasn't putting all the effort into an actual game :P I reeeeally wish I finished the one from 2010.

Isambard K. Brunel
Nov 2, 2011

``...an explosion in the engine room ... would have destroyed a lesser ship''
I gave you :10bux:, but I don't remember how or what for :downs: as it doesn't appear to be linked to Kickstarter - any idea what that'd have been about?

All I have (other than vague memories) is a PayPal invoice from 13 Nov 2013 :)

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Sounds like a preorder through the Humble Bundle widget on the main website, at the bottom, which is $9.99 I believe? Check your Humble Bundle library under purchases: https://www.humblebundle.com/home/purchases

That's what I did, and apparently I bought the deluxe edition too, although I don't remember what that is and don't see it on the website anymore, looking forward to being surprised at the end of the month!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This doesn't really seem like my "type" of game but I have to say that the animation and art style look absolutely :krad:.

Isambard K. Brunel
Nov 2, 2011

``...an explosion in the engine room ... would have destroyed a lesser ship''

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Sounds like a preorder through the Humble Bundle widget on the main website, at the bottom, which is $9.99 I believe? Check your Humble Bundle library under purchases: https://www.humblebundle.com/home/purchases

That's what I did, and apparently I bought the deluxe edition too, although I don't remember what that is and don't see it on the website anymore, looking forward to being surprised at the end of the month!

That sounds like it! :cheers:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gaspy Conana posted:

The .sav files would be a huge help. Email them to dropsytheclown@gmail when you get a chance to test. :) And any/all bugs would be helpful to report.

Let me know if you've got yours now!

Sorry, I didn't realize you'd replied. I still haven't gotten it. Could you do it in PMs here instead? I hope it's not too late to finalize my game content backer thingy requests. 'About two weeks' has passed - is it too late?

I've also sent this as a PM.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 20, 2015

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

BiggerJ posted:

Sorry, I didn't realize you'd replied. I still haven't gotten it. Could you do it in PMs here instead? I hope it's not too late to finalize my game content backer thingy requests. 'About two weeks' has passed - is it too late?

I've also sent this as a PM.

Nah not too late! PM'd a reply. I have no idea what's up, a few other backers haven't received theirs either but everything looks a-OK in mailchimp.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I tried sending a reply to your latest message but your mailbox is full, so I'll ask it here: will you be using my real-world character suggestion as well as the dreamworld suggestion? It's okay if you don't.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

BiggerJ posted:

I tried sending a reply to your latest message but your mailbox is full, so I'll ask it here: will you be using my real-world character suggestion as well as the dreamworld suggestion? It's okay if you don't.

Hit me up at dropsytheclown@gmail.com again if you haven't and lets talk there! I need to go on an old PM deleting spree I think. :P

Also, I'm gonna make a new thread soon in about a week for when the game comes out. :)

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
They're about to play Dropsy over yonder if you want an early look: http://www.twitch.tv/polaris
We'll be dropping a few steam keys out too. :)

The version they have is about ~2 weeks old now, which is lightyears to me. It's so much smoother now.

Uhhh, might happen at 6:30 EST or so. Right now they're playing Saboteur and are dressed up like animals. Is this what kids do these days? Help.

VVV Thanks man. :0)

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 21, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

this game looks really cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
legit every time I look at Dropsy it puts me in a good mood

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i do wish i had bought the book of secrets/ coloring book tho

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Eonwe posted:

i do wish i had bought the book of secrets/ coloring book tho

Daww, thanks! We're gonna be selling the coloring book after release! My friend Joe made it so I wanna do it justice and make it a proper coloring book along with a nice "turn the page at the chime" soundtrack thing. :)

I think they're gonna do one more round of Saboteur and then Dropsy is up: http://www.twitch.tv/polaris

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I got to watch some of it and it looked trippy. Those codes were used up almost instantly.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Has the Book of Secrets come out yet? I don't remember ever getting anything about it.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Gaspy Conana posted:

They're about to play Dropsy over yonder if you want an early look: http://www.twitch.tv/polaris
We'll be dropping a few steam keys out too. :)

The version they have is about ~2 weeks old now, which is lightyears to me. It's so much smoother now.

Uhhh, might happen at 6:30 EST or so. Right now they're playing Saboteur and are dressed up like animals. Is this what kids do these days? Help.

VVV Thanks man. :0)

I saw Jim Sterling gave it a quick (positive) look on his channel, but the audience focus quickly shifted away from the game and became entirely about the number of Content ID matches that it generated due to the soundtrack. Hopefully Devolver can get that nailed down with whatever terrible service Joyful Noise Recordings has administering that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

EricFate posted:

I saw Jim Sterling gave it a quick (positive) look on his channel, but the audience focus quickly shifted away from the game and became entirely about the number of Content ID matches that it generated due to the soundtrack. Hopefully Devolver can get that nailed down with whatever terrible service Joyful Noise Recordings has administering that sort of thing.

We've already taken care of it. It had to do with Chris Schlarb's soundtrack bring released on a traditional record label. Thanks for the heads up nonetheless. :)

Ballz posted:

Has the Book of Secrets come out yet? I don't remember ever getting anything about it.

Nah, I'm still working on it. Originally it was going to be a lore almanac type thing, but I think I want to allow players to discover that stuff. I'm instead making it a series of writings about the different areas and sections of the game, and the reasons for everything. I'll also include my design documents from waaayy waayyy back. The game has changed a ton in the last two years.

• Locked thread