Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Gaspy Conana posted:

:woop:

Anyone have any advice regarding the campaign? Is there anything (other than a demo) I'm lacking or should adjust on the Kickstarter page?

I personally think Kickstarter success is almost entirely a crapshoot, but I think this might have also had more momentum when Dropsy was still a new thing and everyone was crazy for him (when was the first thread... year ago? Two?). You're definitely going to need to try to capture the minds outside of the forums... how the gently caress that happens, I have no idea.

You're also going to be battling Steam Summer Sale... so I don't think your timing could really be much worse. Lots of gamer dollars will be pouring into Steam for the duration of the month, and I think people look at Kickstarter video game projects as just a pre-order opportunity and not really an investment or way to support someone they like. I hate to admit it, but I'm holding on to my spending cash until Steam Summer Sale stuff ends while I wait to see if my favorite games go on sale.

That said... if you haven't already, Gamasutra is the big website where you go to read about the games biz, and Kickstarter blogs and articles have steadily piled up these past couple years. Gamasutra is a great repository for all kinds of lessons learned by other people who have gone before you; whether it is development processes or project management or Kickstarter successes and failures. Even big games get postmortems posted by their developers on occasion, where they detail what went right and what went wrong.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gamasutra+kickstarter Get cracking!

If Kickstarter fails, then you could always do it the old fashioned way and get a contract with a publisher. There are several "big" publishers out there that focus almost entirely on niche indy games.

I'm willing to offer some time to help make the game happen, even if it's just to offer advice on how you should "manage" your developer(s).

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jul 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
You've gotten hella good coverage and you picked a really really really good time for getting open wallets. No Steam sale to gently caress things up, just before the X-mas season.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
When are you going to be getting stung by a bee again? It's hard to donate without that happening.

• Locked thread