Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Threw in 50 bucks, I wish I'd have known about this KS sooner. Love your threads, surprised this didn't get more publicity across the forums. Or maybe I'm just ignorant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Gaspy Conana posted:

Thanks man. :)

Yeahh, I think Dropsy fever ended a few years ago. If this doesn't succeed I'll relaunch in a few weeks with more game to show. I need to update the GBS CYoA thread, but I've been sick so I'm backed up on stuff.

You should also buy a bunch of ads on SA. Heck when I ran the guild for the vanilla WoW server, we put an ad up for that and we got a bunch of responses and new members.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I put in 25 bux. Might increase it closer to the ending when I know how much money I'll have at the time. We need to get a bunch of banners up on the site!! Last time I was incredibly surprised how late in the KS I actually found out it existed. Goons love the CYOA threads.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
I always wonder what the story is when a kickstarter like this starts up and someone quickly donates something like $700. Is it someone the creator knows? Someone who's just giving people hope only to take it away later? People who actually have a lot of money and peruse through the cesspool that is the recently launched Kickstarters page? I guess there were a couple people who dropped big bux on the last project, so probably just the same people I assume.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Gaspy Conana posted:

So, I just talked to a pretty well known company who are super pumped about Dropsy. I can't believe this. :dance:

Ahh, maybe I'll change that then.
What kind of company?

Also, yeah, generally you should keep backer-only updates to things talking about sending rewards, sending a download link, etc. Otherwise everything else could just be used for additional promotion during the campaign. After the KS is done, you should do most updates as backer-only, especially if you show video diaries of progress or whatever. The exclusivity makes people feel glad that they backed the project, and get access to this 'exclusive' content.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
Those are good points too I suppose. I guess it's just a question of how much the developer feels comfortable with making work-in-progress content freely available to anyone looking.

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg
We're.. one away from 500 backers. :toot: Today seems to be the drop off point for the initial excitement though. Outside of the huge kickstarters with thousands of backers, updates, and stretch goals, what do smaller projects do for.. 30 days. Seems like a long time seeing it from this perspective.

the Gaffe fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

Gaspy Conana posted:

Posted this big update on a new tumblr dev blog I'm gonna be keeping. It's a lot more raw/open than the stuff I've been putting on Kickstarter:

http://dropsytheclown.tumblr.com/post/87138672630/dropsy-blog-1-i-think-i-might-actually-like-keeping

New not-quite-final revamp of a dreamworld area:

Also, new game I've been working on as a fun little side project. It involves goon pop-up ads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67HmBbIPRs
Get it + the OST here: http://jay-tholen.itch.io/hypnospace-enforcer

You do good work, Jay.

the Gaffe fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 29, 2014

• Locked thread