Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Threw 25 bucks your way. I was gonna only give you 10, but you suckered my childlike wonder with that Book of Secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gaspy Conana posted:

:tipshat: Oh man, the book of secrets is SO much fun. I'll probably be sending that out to backers in October.

I'm recording a backer Q&A thingy tonight, so if any questions are posted here I'll cover em in the video too.

I guess my question would be what's your backup plan if the kickstarter fails, since it appears I'm suddenly the only goon interested in Dropsy any more. :ohdear:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gaspy Conana posted:

Thanks man. :)

Yeahh, I think Dropsy fever ended a few years ago. If this doesn't succeed I'll relaunch in a few weeks with more game to show. I need to update the GBS CYoA thread, but I've been sick so I'm backed up on stuff.

I'm not familiar with Kickstarter fees, you think it might make more sense to extend it to 40 or 50 days instead of 30?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Less than a day in and it looks like you already have a couple of high rollers backing you.

I am not one of them. But I did drop you $25 like last time.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

You now have 548 backers, the exact number you garnered over 30 days last time. Here's hoping you can maintain some momentum over the coming weeks!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gaspy Conana posted:

We're almost 90% there! I'm setting up a little 'Final Hours' party at a local venue where I'll perform some music from the game and livestream it and stuff. Should be fun. It'll be at Evolution Records in Lakeland, Florida on November 24 if anyone is interested in showing up. :)

Lakeland's a bit of a haul for me, but I might be able to swing by for it. Be sure to post more details when it gets closer.

Ughhh... so close to $14,000. :f5:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Congrats on reaching the first of your stretch goals. :) Not sure how well the Paypal donations are doing, but hopefully you can still bring in that animator and voice artists.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I won't be able to make it out to Lakeland on Sunday night, unfortunately. Hope you'll have another night of festivities coming up (maybe a launch party?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Was that music that played during the gameplay clips gonna be the actual soundtrack? Because I was really, really digging it.

Also good luck getting the game done ahead of deadline... but don't push yourself too hard! I noticed the prominently placed bottle of antacid in your video.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Dropsy soundtrack available for pre-order.

Will be available on digital and also a limited pressing of 500 copies on vinyl.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Finally got a chance to sit down and try the game out. Still really early on in it and I won't go into any spoilers or anything, but I will say I'm REALLY digging the soundtrack. Really glad I pre-ordered it on vinyl. :)

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Has the Book of Secrets come out yet? I don't remember ever getting anything about it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Reminder that you can pre-order the Dropsy soundtrack on limited edition vinyl.

Looks like the release date for it got pushed back though, and won't be out until late October-ish?

I love this game and I love this soundtrack. Chris Schlarb did real good.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Yeah, Gaspy's said in recent interviews there'll be a new beach area that'll be added in the coming weeks

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Text is a simple glyph replacement if you want to learn how to "read" in this game. I don't think there's anything mind blowing you gain from doing this, but I dunno, I got a special sense of accomplishment when I deciphered the sign above the hospital and learned it said "hospital" :shobon:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Kickstarter backer here. Was I supposed to have gotten the book of secrets yet?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Just beat the game. That was... Unexpected. A little abrupt, but overall I enjoyed it very much.

Gonna have to do a completionist run next, although I think I'll wait for the beach to open.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

EricFate posted:

I will admit, this is not one of the publications I would have been expecting to promote your game. Congratulations, I guess? I thought Keith was joking until I checked the link.

Between this and their ridiculously in-depth expose on Manos: The Hands of Fate, I feel a little weird that I can honestly say I'm reading it for the articles.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:love:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Jay tweeted a day or so ago about the beach area still in the works. Dunno when it'll be ready, tho.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Any update on the expanded area?

Also wow, it's been a while since anything in was posted in this thread. Dropsy's now available on iOS (iPads only I think) with an Android port also in the works.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

RandomPauI posted:

I don't think the joke fits the tone of the game at all.

Agreed, and they've already announced they're changing it.

People being outright offended by it is still pretty funny, tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/dropsytheclown/status/773852032813891584

Oh hey, that "beach update" is still in the works. :unsmith:

Edit: And I guess I should also mention if you like Jay and you like Dropsy, you're probably gonna like his next game that is currently on Kickstarter.

• Locked thread