Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
It's a book, but I would say that After Dark by Haruki Murakami is rather Neon Underground. Or at least that's the imagery I had in my head when I read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

Actually, I think William Gibson's Virtual Light series (Virtual Light, Idoru, All Tomorrow's Parties) is a better bet, if only because they're later works benefiting from experience. They have more of a pace and style, I think.

I guess the line between Neon Underground and Cyberpunk is the introduction of speculative fiction stuff, but either way I love the neon aesthetic.

I saw Only God Forgives today, and I loved it! Psychopathy and revenge plots galore.

Oh, also, since Danger was brought up in the thread, I figure that Nero might also be a good fit. Crush on You and My Eyes fit the vibe really well.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

This is shameless plugging, but after watching and listening to the recommendations in this thread, the game I worked on for Ludum Dare last weekend has a hefty streak of neon underground and retrofuture running through it, the main character especially.

• Locked thread