Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just got paid~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
50 bucks primed to go for this.

.... yet i know by the end i'll be out more than 100. :negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think, miraculously, I have every loving PC game I could want.

So time for Steam to surprise me with poo poo I never heard of that I must own.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ImpAtom posted:

And then double-surprise you when it turns out you already bought it at a previous sale.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Link me your steam account and I'll name names

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

I'm not getting my paycheck until the 15th.

CURSE YOU poo poo BUDGETING SKILLS.
There is software on Steam just for you! There's a 30 day demo, too.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Bad Rats. The STD of video games. The gift that keeps on giving.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hi, this is my first Summer Sale. Please be gentle on my wallet, Gabe, I need to buy SMTIV next week.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Got $130 sitting in my Steam wallet from selling off my Xbox and 20 games on my wishlist. Leggo.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I hope Remember Me gets a decent discount, but then again, Capcom.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh god, I'm going to get paid back for Bad Ratting all those people recently.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I specifically went through my wishlist for this sale and reduced it to only 80 titles :v: That's as ready as it gets.

Also 11 hours left.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
The New Civilization V expansion pack looks like it's going to go live the same time as the sale starts. This does not bode well.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

My first purchase should probably be You Need A Budget. The first Steam sale I've been an active PC gamer and I'm poor from car repairs.

abloobloo Gaben :doh:

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I hope Remember Me gets a decent discount, but then again, Capcom.

Remember me looks like a perfect $10 title. Given the release date though that will probably be winter sale at the earliest to see it there.

Wreath of Barbs posted:

My first purchase should probably be You Need A Budget. The first Steam sale I've been an active PC gamer and I'm poor from car repairs.

If you know what you want and aren't heart set on AAA releases in the last 6 months or so you can make $30 go a loooooooooooooooooooong way. Everybody is rich during a Steam sale. Its the great equalizer.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Less than 12 hours to go people. It is time to ramp from hype to super-hype.

Those who feel left out because they can't find anything they want to buy? 1) baaaaaahahahahahaha bullshit, and 2) that simply means it's time to join the ranks of those working to spread the glory of the :gifttank:. The party never ends!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
This is actually my first Summer Sale for steam I am quite quite pumped. There are 20 games on my wishlist and mainly Indie games :)

Sooo hoping to get all my games on the cheap

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Wreath of Barbs posted:

You know that does bring up a thought, will any of the software get summer sales? I'm just curious as to if the summer sale numbers have enticed any non-game developers to take a shot.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

SirDan3k posted:

You know that does bring up a thought, will any of the software get summer sales? I'm just curious as to if the summer sale numbers have enticed any non-game developers to take a shot.

There has been software as daily deals so I'm sure they will take up slots in the sale. Which sucks. (unless you want some software)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ignimbrite posted:

The New Civilization V expansion pack looks like it's going to go live the same time as the sale starts. This does not bode well.

No, it's already out.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Spaceman Future! posted:

Remember me looks like a perfect $10 title. Given the release date though that will probably be winter sale at the earliest to see it there.

If you know what you want and aren't heart set on AAA releases in the last 6 months or so you can make $30 go a loooooooooooooooooooong way. Everybody is rich during a Steam sale. Its the great equalizer.

You do have a good point. Maybe I can squeeze a few good deals out of the madness.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

SirDan3k posted:

Some were definitely on sale over the winter sale, so it's likely.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

bagina posted:

Bad Rats. The STD of video games. The gift that keeps on giving.

Train Simulator, the cicada brood that emerges at 90% off, is gifted as a joke by everyone to everyone else, played for ten minutes... then as quick as it was handed out, vanishes from everyone's hard drives to not be seen for years.

Also, my cat eats them?

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Resdfru posted:

There has been software as daily deals so I'm sure they will take up slots in the sale. Which sucks. (unless you want some software)

It's not like only X things can be a daily deal. Valve could make a daily software deal and it wouldn't necessarily affect anything else going on sale.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I added this to the Tips&Tricks section:

Do you want to augment your Steam? Install Enhanced Steam: for Chrome, for Mozilla.:

Owned games will be marked green, wishlisted games will be blue:

You'll get a fancy table on the game pages showing you when the game was at its lowest on Steam and other places:

If you want to see regional prices as a handy drop-down menu on the right install Steam Regional Price Checker:

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Resdfru posted:

I want at least one community vote with nothing but software :unsmigghh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Palpek posted:

Finally a table on the right will show you regional prices:

This table is a script I believe and not built into Enhanced Steam by default (I wish it was)

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
My wallet is spreading wide open for Gaben. Ready to take it in every hole, the one with tenbucks, the one with coins, the one with visa, even the one with my id card. Every. Hole.

:getin:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

No, it's already out.

Not in Australia :smith:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Infinitum posted:

This table is a script I believe and not built into Enhanced Steam by default (I wish it was)
Ahh thanks. I corrected it. It's Steam Regional Price Checker.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Are you Goons ready for the Origin Summer Sale... :negative:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

PowerBeard posted:

I've been trying to decide between Dragon Age 2 and the new SimCity, I just don't know which I should get.

Bad Rats obviously.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
I can't wait to buy some indie classics, I'll have to pickup some modern hits first though (I'm thinking Far Cry 3 :human being:)

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Testekill posted:

Oh god, I'm going to get paid back for Bad Ratting all those people recently.
I'm pretty sure bugchasing is bannable.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I don't have any opinion about Dragon Age (I never remember which is supposedly the cringe-worthy one), but you should know there's a running gag in the SimCity thread about people starting posting optimistic/smug ("It can't be that bad!"), and then their posts getting sadder and sadder :( It's not totally unanimous but close enough. Check the OP at least.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PowerBeard posted:

Why don't you make a thread for the Origin Summer Sale, I'm sure it'll be super popular.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

Ahh thanks. I corrected it. It's Steam Regional Price Checker.

That looks pretty and all, but unless you can do the cash conversion in your head :spergin: it's not actually helping you compare prices.

You're better off with Greasemonkey and this little puppy.

I think there may be faster ways for the program to call exchange rates, but that's for another time, when I have the time to look into it. It may also be best to edit out the calls to Russia and that other weird one, because I don't think you can gift between them and the civilized countries.
:britain::respek::fsmug:

:ese::ussr:

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

Train Simulator, the cicada brood that emerges at 90% off, is gifted as a joke by everyone to everyone else, played for ten minutes... then as quick as it was handed out, vanishes from everyone's hard drives to not be seen for years.

Also, my cat eats them?

I played it for like 10 hours, was a really zen experience for me. :gay:

This is beautiful.

Why do we think the sale is starting on July 11? I haven't been following this stuff.

I may actually buy Just Cause 2 this sale after lusting for it for 3 years.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Poor Europe, dollar per dollar Australia's price is 40% cheaper* and we are normally the ones who get screwed by the so called 'Beach Tax'. Is that an unusual price for the Euro region?

*Based on the fact that 1 Euro buys 1.41 Australian Dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Distraction
Jan 16, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

A lot of people do it to budget for the sale, but it's pretty silly since you might not spend it all and you might want to buy something on Amazon or somewhere else. The last sale thread was filled with people bitching about that.

This. Amazon especially had so many great sales during the Winter sale and I really regretted tying up so much money in the Steam wallet.

I'm also hoping Blood Dragon gets a nice discount so I can not feel bad buying it and then probably never playing it.