Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
1. BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2
2. Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

Though looking at my budget, this seems unlikely. Maybe I'll save up and wait for winter (there's a winter sale, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Realistically, I'm hoping to be able to pick up 1 or 2 of these,

1. Orcs Must Die! 2
2. Receiver
3. Leviathan Warships
4. Kerbal Space Program
5. Farcry 3 Blood Dragon

giacomo
Mar 11, 2008

ready to waste money on video games, even though there's not much i want to buy.

if arma 3 goes on sale, i'll change my story.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh yeah I should probably swap a title in my top 5 for Trackmania 2. Any of the "flavors" would do.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Is this some kind of ironic Bat Rats type entry? I got that game during the potato sack sale and it was utter poo poo then. I gave it a go while I was collecting the cards for it and it's only marginally better now.

I hope that didn't come off as dickish. Just trying to warn you away from a bad game unless for some reason you legitimately like it.

vvv that's not the Steam way. Sit on your dragon's horde of unplayed games and just bask.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
1. Anodyne
2. Fist Puncher
3. UnEpic
4. Defenders Quest
5. Papo & Yo

The problem is... I still have 8 games I bought from the last sale that I still haven't even played yet. So really I shouldn't buy anything.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

1. Anodyne
2. Fist Puncher
3. UnEpic
4. Defenders Quest
5. Papo & Yo

The problem is... I still have 8 games I bought from the last sale that I still haven't even played yet. So really I shouldn't buy anything.

Cry me a loving river. I have 8 games I've picked up in bundles in the last 2 weeks I haven't played.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

1. Monaco
2. Rogue Legacy
3. Orcs Must Die 2
4. Company of Heroes 2 (only if it goes surprisingly cheap for a recent release, wont be able to run it until I get a new PC)
5. ...

Can't think of a 5th. I'm sure I'll end up buying 20+ games.

EDIT: gently caress I forgot Bit Trip Runner 2. Sorted.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

OBEY

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

pentyne posted:

Cry me a loving river. I have 8 games I've picked up in bundles in the last 2 weeks I haven't played.

jeez, relax people.
backlog-bragging is silly.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

WARnold posted:

jeez, relax people.
backlog-bragging is silly.

No, I have wasted more money!

But yeah, 8 games is not bad at all by summer sale standards.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Siselmo posted:

1. BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2
2. Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

Though looking at my budget, this seems unlikely. Maybe I'll save up and wait for winter (there's a winter sale, right?)
That's a damned sensible and idiot-proof list, and I hope you'll be able to get at least one of them.

I'm playing it by ear and don't want to get too much stuff since I still have a long ways on my backlog to go, but with the ludicrous amount of Steam Dollars I made selling cards I'm pretty sure I'll wind up getting Kentucky Route Zero, Gunpoint, and some other game, depending on what I have left.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Does steam not automatically add everything new to the bottom of the wishlist? You guys have reminded me about a whole bunch of games I should add and now I'm having to rearrange everything with the dumb drag and drop system, because I'm worried I'll win one of those top 10 wishlist games things or something like that, and get a whole bunch of cheap indie games instead of all the expensive ones I want.

BillyJoeBob
Feb 7, 2010

Anal-retentive, overly loquacious weapons scientist.

Basically a few games I've really been meaning to get, but never had money for.
1. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
2. Dishonored
3. Ace Combat Assault Horizon (I want it for PC because last time I played it was when it was new and I still had Gamefly)
4. Bit Trip Runner 2
5. Wargame: Airland Battle

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MooCowlian posted:

Does steam not automatically add everything new to the bottom of the wishlist? You guys have reminded me about a whole bunch of games I should add and now I'm having to rearrange everything with the dumb drag and drop system, because I'm worried I'll win one of those top 10 wishlist games things or something like that, and get a whole bunch of cheap indie games instead of all the expensive ones I want.

It's always added things to the bottom of my wishlist for me. Just checked and it still does too.

This served as a good reminder to me to remove Total War: Rome II from my wishlist, since I picked it up on GMG a few days ago but have to wait to get the code before I can add it to Steam.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I wish there was a DLC Wishlist as well as just a plain ordinary Wishlist. At the moment I've ordered my wishlist in order of Games -> DLC -> Games with no prices.

der_rudi
Dec 26, 2012

Drifter posted:

That looks pretty and all, but unless you can do the cash conversion in your head :spergin: it's not actually helping you compare prices.

You're better off with Greasemonkey and this little puppy.

Although it's not turned on by default, if you go into the options of the 'All region price checker' you can select a default currency, and it will then display all region's in that currency, like this :

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I'm hoping to see Cook, Serve, Delicious on sale with steam or someone :/

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Infinitum posted:

I wish there was a DLC Wishlist as well as just a plain ordinary Wishlist. At the moment I've ordered my wishlist in order of Games -> DLC -> Games with no prices.
I try to hit a price/desire ratio in my top ten just in case I win some type of random contest. The rest just go in whatever order.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I want to play a game.

Post you Top 5 wishlisted games you're hoping to pickup during the sale.
1.) Rayman Origins
2.) Far Cry 3
3.) Galaxy on Fire 2
4.) Magrunner: Dark Pulse
5.) Super Street Fighter IV: Complete Costume Pack

You can only choose 5..
Must.. resist.. temptations..

1- Devil May Cry 4 (I already own this game, but...Legendary Dark Knight mode...!!)
2- Eador: Masters Of The Broken World
3- Kinetic Void
4- Shadowrun Returns
5- Knights of Pen & Paper

This is assuming that Civ 5 Brave New World stays at 30 the whole time, since it came out like two days ago. Otherwise the list would look more like this:
1- Brave New World
2- Brave New World
3- Brave New World
4- Brave New World
5- Brave New World

e:
6- Brave New World
7- Brave New World
8- Brave New World

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Darkhold posted:

Is this some kind of ironic Bat Rats type entry? I got that game during the potato sack sale and it was utter poo poo then. I gave it a go while I was collecting the cards for it and it's only marginally better now.

I hope that didn't come off as dickish. Just trying to warn you away from a bad game unless for some reason you legitimately like it.
I didn't play the first version they released, and apparently abandoned, but I recently got the one that's available again on Steam in the Early Access program, and it's pretty drat enjoyable.
It's basically AAAaaaaaaAAaAAaaaaA with your own music, and while they are still working on adding new features, I had a blast playing it while letting it generate levels based on the new Daft Punk album.
Also, Cards!

Infinitum posted:

And the first thing a gifter might do, is sort the wishlist by price and all your work is wasted v:shobon:v

Also be aware, that the Enhanced Steam script and all other scripts you add, might gently caress up everything you see on the front page, as Valve will most likely change layout there.
Just a friendly warning not to panic when it happens :)

:heysexy:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I'm basically hoping to see Kentucky Route Zero and Rogue Legacy on sale, I have to keep it kind of light because my dog ate who knows what and got an unexpected vet trip! I hope all of that probably dirt he was eating (again) was worth it :saddowns:

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
This was a good thing to do before the sale starts and I want to buy everything.

1. X-COM Enemy Unknown
2. Tomb Raider (The new one)
3. Mortal Kombat (The new one)
4. Dark Souls
5. Fez

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I thought 1... 2... 3... Kick It had a lot of charm when I gave it another go the other day. Nothing spectacular but a nice little concept. I can see myself booting it up when I have a few minutes to kill.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

A quick reminder what happened to all the goons on my friends list last sale:

Good luck avoiding it this sale folks :shepface:

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
You monster...

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Holy poo poo only 6 hours left.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

zylche posted:

A quick reminder what happened to all the goons on my friends list last sale:

Worth every pound.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

zylche posted:

There will probably be plenty of posts from people saying how fortunate they are to have not been gifted Bad Rats yet, so don't worry.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Fart of Presto posted:

I didn't play the first version they released, and apparently abandoned, but I recently got the one that's available again on Steam in the Early Access program, and it's pretty drat enjoyable.
It's basically AAAaaaaaaAAaAAaaaaA with your own music, and while they are still working on adding new features, I had a blast playing it while letting it generate levels based on the new Daft Punk album.
Also, Cards!
Huh I must have just had bad luck then because I tried two different songs and it just created a blob of crap in the middle that if you tried to go inside you'd just end up in dead ends taking hits and was easier just to drift just outside the blob for points.

Guess I just picked some songs that didn't play nice with their level generation.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Darkhold posted:

Huh I must have just had bad luck then because I tried two different songs and it just created a blob of crap in the middle that if you tried to go inside you'd just end up in dead ends taking hits and was easier just to drift just outside the blob for points.

Guess I just picked some songs that didn't play nice with their level generation.
Oh it's definitely not perfect, but as long as it's in Early Access and the devs are updating it regularly, I can live with those few dead ends I have experienced so far.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
My list for the sale

1. The Walking Dead (skipped it every sale so far, despite everyone raving about it)
2. Shadowrun Returns (was doubtful of the Kickstarter but now it is just a few weeks away)
3. LotR: War in the North (recent discussion in the thread got me interested)
4. Bioshock Infinite (first time it is likely to get a big sale)
5. AssCreed Revelations + III (need to catch up before IV this fall)

I'll probably only end up getting The Walking Dead. I was weak and blew all my card money on Rogue Legacy two weeks before the sale, plus I still have unplayed games from the last few sales. :gaben: :steam:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Jerusalem posted:

It's always added things to the bottom of my wishlist for me. Just checked and it still does too.

Huh. I just added Grid 2 and it's at #21/35. Now it seems to be putting them somewhere in the middle, but I'm not having to move something out of the "oh, I might win these" top ten zone.

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012

Armourking posted:

1. Rogue Legacy
2. Mortal Kombat
3. Miasmata
4. Hotline Miami
5. Far Cry 3

Dunno about RL or MK getting discounts, but who knows. Shadowrun's on my wish list, but it's not out yet.

I have a Hotline Miami key from a Humble Bundle gathering dust, what's your Steam ID?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Infinitum posted:

I want to play a game.

I'm looking to pad up my backlog. However, these games will cut to the front of the line (the frontlog, if you will).

1. Skyrim
2. Kerbal
3. Dishonored
4. Mortal Kombat
5. FF7

I wonder if we'll see Xenogears ported over one day. I used to play both that and FF7 every few years around the same time just to see how they held up against each other. (Xenogears won a lot when I was younger but FF7 edged out the last time I did it.)

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Hope to get these:
1. Bioshock Infinite
2. Metro Last light
3. Don't Starve
4. Skyrim: Dragonborn
5. Alpha Protocol

Will look out for Civ 5: Brave New World too, but I don't think it'll be discounted much, if at all.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

1)Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
2)Joe Danger
3)Prison Architect
4)Bioshock Infinite (Shut up Palpek, don't ruin this for me! :shrug:)
5)Monaco

And no matter what I buy, I'm likely going to spend the next month playing Civ V anyways.

I'm going to crack 400 games this sale too (I've had my account for eight years though so I don't feel too bad). Not sure if I should feel :negative: or :toot:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm going to crack 400 games this sale too (I've had my account for eight years though so I don't feel too bad). Not sure if I should feel :negative: or :toot:

Go through the list and see how many you've played more than 1 hour of. If it's less than 30%, then :negative:.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I've got a really huge and messy wishlist built up, but in no particular order I'd particularly like:

1. Monaco
2: Anomaly 2
3: Sanctum 2
4: Don't Starve
5: Rogue Legacy

Yep, all indie, all the time. Not that I haven't got some AAA stuff in there. I do want that Ys 1 + 2 pack, though. Love that series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Handsome Ralph posted:

And no matter what I buy, I'm likely going to spend the next month playing Civ V anyways.

code:
Current 	Peak Today	Game

276,572 	335,335 	Dota 2 
51,141 		65,888 	 	Team Fortress 2 
24,105 		41,353 	 	Football Manager 2013 
22,964 		31,588 	 	Counter-Strike 
19,416 		42,990 	 	Sid Meier's Civilization V
17,697 		26,966 	 	Counter-Strike: Source 
17,531 		29,440 	 	The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 
15,737 		30,258 	 	Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 
12,117 		19,200 	 	Killing Floor 
11,419 		19,166 	 	Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer
Won't we all, the only difference with same list from 1 year ago is Killing Floor replacing COD:MW3 and football manager 2012 becoming 2013