Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

pvax posted:

Only purchase I regret is Don't Starve - which I really don't like that much at all. I don't mind giving Klei Ent a few bucks though since they made Mark of the Ninja. I just know I'll never play it again

I really wavered on this one and Tomb Raider, but held myself back. Don't Starve looked... neat, but it didn't look like something that would keep my attention or not frustrate the hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Thanks for all the fun and hilarity girls and guys, it's been great, even if I did discover my inner Euro Truck nerd. So, as I understand it, I can actually play these things I bought yeah?

See you in December for Winter Camp Sale!

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Getting on the goon friend train one last time.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Protocol7/

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
This was my first sale where post-graduation with a full time job. It was... expensive.

Alan Wake
Anno 2070
Anodyne
Awesomenauts
Bad Rats (Gifted)
Bioshock Infinite
Bully Scholarship Edition (Gifted)
Castle Crashers
Chivalry
Dark Souls
Deus Ex: HR (Gifted, then purchased the DLC myself)
Don't Starve
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy (Gifted)
Fez
Guns of Icarus: Online
Hotline Miami
Mark of the Ninja
Civilization V (Gold)
Sleeping Dogs (Gifted)
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
System Shock 2 (Gifted)
The Walking Dead
Torchlight II (Gifted)
Virtua Tennis 4
Worms Armageddon
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I also gifted three copies of Bad Rats, two copies of Awesomenauts, and three copies of Castle Crashers.

I am probably forgetting some other things as well, but that is the majority of it.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
I'm pleased I managed to get through this sale without getting swept up in goonhype and buying any poo poo I'm never going to play like the last couple sales. Yet I still managed to somehow spend 125 bucks. I love Steam sales.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Lots of people made this thread really great. Palpek did an awesome job updating the thread and crafted a monumental OP. Axemaniac's Steamshots are great, and I've been watching all of the old ones throughout the sales. Captain Swing's gifs are the loving best, I love them. Random Stranger and some others dropped some Pinball FX2 knowledge that helped me out, thanks guys.

I spent way too much, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Positronic Spleen posted:

Whoa, summer trading cards are crashing HARD. I've been trying to sell these things for an hour (raider & bioshock) but the drat market won't list them. They've already fallen over ten cents.

I want to believe that my post in the other steam thread about how there was no possible future value for the summer cards was a direct cause of the crash.

I know it wasn't, but I just like the thought of being responsible for the collapse of two economic systems in my life time. :v:

I did manage to cash out five cents (or one-third of their value) ago, though. :homebrew:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Drifter posted:

For the Last Remnant, The Last Remnant Wiki will save your life. Keep that open and feel free to alt-tab out whenever you need to to answer any questions you have. Just after the game 'tutorial' intro go ahead and read about game mechanics from the wiki. You'll be grateful.

Read this, and then this at least, before you start. The game can be pretty freaking strategic, up to unit/team union placement on the battle map and you will lose often if you treat it like a standard final fantasy game. It's not Tactics Ogre, but positioning is an important thing.

Hey, this thread is dying but as I got this game. THANK YOU for this post :)

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't see any kind of crash at all.. I don't know what you guys are seeing.

They were selling for ~.15 all week, now they are selling for ~.20. What am I missing?

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk
Since I saw a lot of people talking about this game throughout the thread, Amazon Tony announced over in the Amazon thread that the Kingdoms of Amalur pack will be on sale for just under :10bux: tomorrow.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Random Stranger posted:

I want to believe that my post in the other steam thread about how there was no possible future value for the summer cards was a direct cause of the crash.

Where are you guys seeing a crash? I just managed to sell off one of my two foils for around $3.70, which is like eight times the value it had during the actual sale. I'm holding onto my other one because I don't really care that much if I end up getting nothing for it, so I might as well see if prices go a little higher. All the non-foil cards I'm looking at on the market are listed for at least a few cents higher than they were during the sale as well.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

Where are you guys seeing a crash? I just managed to sell off one of my two foils for around $3.70, which is like eight times the value it had during the actual sale. I'm holding onto my other one because I don't really care that much if I end up getting nothing for it, so I might as well see if prices go a little higher. All the non-foil cards I'm looking at on the market are listed for at least a few cents higher than they were during the sale as well.

Actually the prices on the regular cards seem to be bouncing around like mad. I just refreshed the page and the lowest price on some of them jumped up a dime while others went down a nickel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
We survived another sale, this one might not have been that impressive sale wise, but you goons certainly made up for that with your enthusiasm, creativity and community. Thanks all, I'm closing this one down and suggesting everyone fold back into the existing Steam Thread.

Thanks again!