Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Prepare your anus...

for value!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I could probably do with a few more friends

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PropagandaHour

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

So I'm only two levels into BIT.TRIP Runner 2, but this game is charming as gently caress

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

i am bones posted:

Does Gunpoint have much of a story, or is it just you're a stealth action spy sneaking around and poo poo.

Also, the gods in Reus move slow as poo poo. Goddamn.

Yeah, main character was framed for a murder and has to etc etc etc. The story is told primarily through phone text messages and has some pretty good zingers.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Dpstu6 posted:

I've heard really good things about Dark Souls, and I like punishing games. On the other hand, I've gotten the general impression that Games for Windows Live is a "bad thing". Can anyone shed light on why? (Also, basically the same question for Arkham City, which has additional DRM on top of GfWL; I freakin' loved Asylum.) Is it worth getting both games and deal with the DRM? What does the DRM entail?

Multiplayer is a complete crap shoot because you have to use GFWL's system and not steam and the service suffers more outages and erratic disconnections forcing you to play a weirdo offline account. Setting up the service the first time is usually a pain in the rear end because a large subset of users have to jump through really dumb hoops and install patches and things in a certain order to get things to work. Everything has gotten better in the last year or two, but it is still a pretty weak platform. DSconnectionfix mod for dark souls helps the multiplayer for a lot of people, though.

Don't let GFWL dissuade you from quality titles like Dark Souls, Bulletstorm, or Arkham City; just know that you will probably have some idiotic issue pop up that will need to be fixed once in a great while

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Guys, I don't remember RAGE looking like this last time I played.

:stare:

You're saying you're having a problem with Megatextures? Why, I've never...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Hot Sexy Jupiter posted:

XCOM only accepts the finest humanity has to offer.

You get a pretty substantial accuracy penalty for overwatch that the game poorly explains.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Anarch posted:

P7ZLA-HDIHG-NKDGI

Took this one, thank you for the maw!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Well I just played six hours of Prison Architect. Huh. That's a pretty good game.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How many prisoner's killed eachother? :haw:

I've yet to have a outbreak of violence in my prisons beyond two dudes swapping punches in the shower. They were swiftly beaten into a pulp by the guards and tossed in solitary. Overall my prisons are pretty peaceful. I can't tell if this means I'm winning, or being boring.

I had a few fist fights that were quelled pretty quickly, but I ended up having a riot at one point where I had to call in two groups of riot police and ended up losing two janitors, three guards, and a physician during the battle.

I really appreciate how you can make the game more or less difficult by controlling the types of inmates you accept. I'll probably go make a supermax federal poundmeintheass prison tomorrow and pray that there isn't a slaughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Renoistic posted:

Looking at the hardware specs for Dark Souls and my computer can barely handle those. Would using the graphics mod
make it even more hardware-intensive, or doesn't it affect the game that much?

You can turn on some bells and whistles with the mod, but generally the game will run far better with the mod installed and the frame rate situation handled. Post your specs here or in the Dark Souls thread and you'll get help