Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

My kitty finally returned home after missing for a day and now the steam sale starts...
life is good :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

I needed a test sample before having a lot of old family photos done :shobon:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Faltese Malkin posted:

This year I've been eagerly anticipating the summer sale (like we all are) and over the past couple weeks I've been adding items to my wishlist. During the Steam sale, how are you alerted when a game from your wishlist is on sale?

You should receive an e-mail, but every one I got was hours after the sale went live and sometimes I got no e-mail at all.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

This is how I feel right now

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

TotalHell posted:

Daily votes!

Dishonored for 66% off
Borderlands 2 for 66% off
Farcry 3 for 40% off

Can the games in daily votes get featured in a daily or a flash deal? If anyone knows... I don't remember from last time.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Bloodplay it again posted:

Was Bad Rats removed from the store?! I just spent two hours buying/selling cards to pay off all of these Bad Rats gifts I'm sending out. I can't find it anymore and searching for rats returns no results. I only have one more friend to gift a copy to and then I'm done. Let me have this.

Still there. It's a search issue I guess.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Last time these posts were not welcomed, but everyone does it now :kiddo:

Any friend is a good friend
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ArmedGoatHerder

And for lurkers here are two good games and one I know nothing about.
(I hope I didn't mess it up)

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Maybe it's gonna have a sale in few minutes.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

I really liked to play with fire when I was little... what I am saying is: get Little Inferno.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

This is worse than Bad Rats.

If only would they make it an MMO. You would race (trudge) to get to the empty spot on benches, where you would sit down and die. Each death would give you some XP and you would be able to invest them in increased speed, better cane or some Chivalry-like shouts.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

That should mean that TWD will go on sale in 20 min.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Also Surgeon Simulator and CHivalry.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

I really like that Far Cry 3 doesn't do the $=€ thing. Hope more will follow.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

something posted:

I thought far cry 3 was on the first vote sale and it was listed as 66% off vs 40? That's why I'm leaning towards waiting, to see if it pops up again.

I saw it as 40% in there.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

DancingPenguin posted:

This time I actually remembered to save the psd.
Attempt 2:

Hm, cheese... rats eat cheese :tinfoil:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Come on, gaben, make my day.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

Does Tomb Raider have any bullshit you need to install besides the game? I don't want any GFWL, any Ubisoft Uplay or whatever it's called, etc.

It should be Steamworks.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Morpheus posted:

drat, Metro, why do you have to be $30. I think I could've taken any price lower than that, but after also getting Infinite for $30...just can't justify it :(. Curse you Steam. Curse you.

They give Steam codes for Metro LL to people who buy new NVidia cards, maybe you could score a code off someone in SA Mart or something.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Geekkake posted:

How on Earth do you put 14.2 hours into Surgeon Simulator 2013?!

Hey, medical school is pretty pricey.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Kerbal just got cards, so it will probably be on sale in four minutes.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Voted Gunpoint :frogbon:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Tarodia posted:

Alright, thanks for the help people! Looks like I'm buying my first Steam game.

We accept you, one of us, one of us

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Apologies if this was already posted, but Ray Sipe did a Steam Summer Sale song

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

The environment is a bit more interesting to explore I think, but New Vegas gets everything else so much better.

The radio is also better in 3. But there is a lot of music packs for NV that fix it.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

Woof, I wish Steam would've warned me that Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition is an absolutely wretched port and I shouldn't even bother unless I have a 360 pad for my PC.

My friend completed Dark Souls with only a keyboard.

But I understand that is not the ideal way.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Gaben has decided to spare our wallets and ended the sale :downs:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Voted for the guy with the retractable sunglasses :cool:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

At least us truckers beat those farmer guys :colbert:

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

ulvir posted:

Ofcourse Surgeon Simulator won over what looked like a pretty intereseting point-and-click game. :ughh:

Hey, check your PMs.

(I hope I did it right, I never sent or received a PM before :shobon:)

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

What's the third game in the community choice? I only see TWD and Van Helsing.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Same. Kinda wondering if for once there's something hidden from the US region but not others.

Alternatively, maybe someone pulled out of a deal at the last minute.

Hm. If you do not see it in the US then I guess there are really only two.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Mulatto Butts posted:

Am I a bad person for hoping Bad Rats gets steam cards? :getin:

No, it would be the best thing in the world.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Just played an hour of Gunpoint. It's really good, get it.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Just finished Gunpoint, took me ~2.5h. I would still recommend it.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

KillerMojo posted:

Grab the Enhanced Steam plugin for your browser.

Does the "Total spent" thing work for someone in Enhanced Steam for Firefox? It just shows €0 for me... not a big problem, I just checked it in Chrome. (And wish I hadn't)

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Jelly posted:

Seriously dude, don't do this. Don't give them money, even as a joke. These guys are assholes.

I agree. At least with Bad Rats, whether you find it funny or not, the developers aren't massive shitheads (as far as we know)

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm happy to see Euro Truck on there, I missed it when it was a flash deal. I actually don't know if I'm going to get it though, but at least i have 48 hours to think about it.

That's 48 hours you could spend driving trucks.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

darnon posted:

Yes, the distance is compressed so the even the longest deliveries will take about 30 minutes to complete.

Jesus, how fast are you going? I had to turn the speed limiter back on because I crashed too much. I just finished a ~1400km delivery and it took me ~60 minutes, like 95% of it was on a highway driving 90km/h. And there are much longer routes.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Euro Truck does seem to lose track of other vehicles when you exit though, so if for some reason you've wedged your semi really well into like 20 cars and can't get it to move you may be able to quit and come back to no pileup.

Not that I have experience in this or anything.

Saving and loading does the trick as well.
Sometimes it's necessary unless you do some ramming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Bunleigh posted:

Whatever the train simulator people are doing feels like it should be illegal. What a freaking racket they got going.

I imagine the train spergs don't play a lot of other games. So like some people sit on a €1000+ backlog, they sit on... a pile of trains.