Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Thanks for the recommendations, Palpek. Lots of stuff I missed/never knew about in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

FedoraDefender420 posted:

Steam isn't working for me right now. The display's gone white and there's just this big text saying CONSUME over it. Is it something to do with my new tf2 hats?

Please delete communism.blob and restart Steam :smug:

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
What magic are you using to access the site? I haven't been able to reach it since the sale started.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Where da Indie Bundles at?! Can't see 'em.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

Yeah I cannot buy or sell anything on my end right now. I think I'm gonna go outside or something.

Go chug some Dew and stay on it, man

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Yeah, add me as well. Always like to see what other people are up to.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/midnightclimax

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Anyone else having problems adding people? I try searching for profiles, but it keeps saying "This feature is not available at this time".

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Doom Goon posted:

The searching generally sucks anyway, which is why people post custom steamcommunity ids in the first place.

Yeah, but uh... how can I access those via the client? Is there some address bar I've hidden?

EDIT: I'm talking about the ability to access the full url.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
If you're looking for a cheap personal finance manager, check out HomeBank. It's open source, and has a budgeting feature as well. (probably not as extensive as the one on sale, but for me it does the job)

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Did I miss GTA IV being on sale?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Palpek posted:

Notice the ball there in the right lower corner dropping from the stage at the last second of the gif? Yeah, you're going to see that a lot...in a supposedly 2D contraption game :shepicide:

Holy poo poo I didn't know it's this brutal. That kitty!!!!

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
The Community choice is just a method of the ruling class to make democracy look bad. Also, who the gently caress votes for Natural Selection?

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

Hyperbole aside, if you really don't want to ever look at it again in your games list, I heartily recommend a custom Steam category:

You should get probated for not putting stuff like Fallout: NV in there.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

dirty nub posted:

Every community choice I have voted for has won so far. :smugdog:

Why is there no meta-game about this?! I want my "Clairvoyant" badge.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Whoever is Sleepy Bees, I added you because you posted your id in this thread. Sorry if that caused confusion.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

pixaal posted:

You are a sperg and its okay. Maybe you just want to run a great business or just chill listening to music and drink and drive safely. Seriously drinking and driving in that game is pretty awesome. I've never driven drunk in real life and playing that game has assured me it would end with me dead. I can play just fine sober but holy poo poo drunk.

Heh, back in the days there was actually a driving simulator for drunk driving. IIRC it involved adjusting FOV and increasing input lag, amongst other things.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

I'm curious, why do some people find playing games windowed to be a key thing?

I usually don't want to go full immersion, but have a game as a sort of background noise I occasionally focus on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Cerri posted:

The saddest part is, my wishlist is actually longer now than when the sale began. And I've spent more time reading this thread than actually playing any of the games I've bought.

I have a problem.

Meta-game best game.