Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Rapsey posted:

I guess kahindo should have been crazier or more of a drama queen. Her dress was the least bad of the bottom 3 and yet they sent her home.

Yeah, pretty much this. I knew she was going to be the sacrificial lamb to keep the crazy around as soon as they spent so much time showing the judges tearing her look apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Why they eviscerated Kahindo and let Karen slide defies explanation. TLo nailed this one as usual.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Why they eviscerated Kahindo and let Karen slide defies explanation. TLo nailed this one as usual.

So far for nicknames:
Alexander - drag brows (I like calling him "What ever Happened to Baby Conan")
Helen - After School Special
Sandro - Freddie Mercuryovich (I love this)
Timothy - Sustainicorn

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I get Timothy's dress being hot garbage, but those loving judges bagging on not being able to wear a bra with that. That's this bizarre handy excuse to criticize the look, yet they always seem the conveniently ignore that 90% of all the dresses that come down the runway are not bra compatible.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Hello I have the following hopinions:

Sustainable needs to get the gently caress out with his dumpster diving and hypocrisy. He is like, the strawman that everyone hates when they hate modern art: all blah blah blah artist statement, look at me I'm so deep, and no actual art.

I'm willing to put up with a couple more episodes of Russian nuclear meltdown if he is also willing to call out Sustainable et al like he did in the green room. But that's it, and then he needs to get the gently caress out too.

Who gives a single poo poo about last year girl? No one.

Blond former model chick is going to go totally Carrie on someone eventually (and I don't mean Bradshaw)

I loved deaf guy's silver shrug thing it had like a loving leopard or something on the back. idk, they didn't show it much. Still love.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
What am I missing, why is high class clothing in two pieces? I don't want to wear a bra and a skirt, I want a dress. That should be grounds for automatic in-the-bottom-ness.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Tim Gunn was the guest on The Daily Show on Tuesday night. Nothing spectacular but Tim was more casual than usual. If you're a Tim Gunn fan, you might track down the episode.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Bean posted:

What am I missing, why is high class clothing in two pieces? I don't want to wear a bra and a skirt, I want a dress. That should be grounds for automatic in-the-bottom-ness.
Because "Strip of Least Attractive part of Upper Torso" is In Right Now

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!

Defenestration posted:

Because "Strip of Least Attractive part of Upper Torso" is In Right Now

It's the new exposed zipper and peplum

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Holy poo poo. I'm that rear end in a top hat who likes a little drama in her reality TV, but that? Was waaaaaaaay too much.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.
Hit the nail on the head there. Everyone seemed to do well with the challenge except for the one drama group.

Hopefully the Russian guy leaves next week. His act is beyond annoying.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
No-one has ever gotten a card from a model before :byewhore:

Yehudis Basya
Jul 27, 2006

THE BEST HEADMISTRESS EVER
How... how did the dress that looks like my dog's rag toy get in the top 2? I don't understand fashion. The blue pants look should have been in the top with the very awesome red sombrero dress.

It was painful to watch this episode. I wanted to hug Carrie Bradshaw and Timothy so much. And then when he talked about still believing unicorns! It was just so sad :(

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Miranda and Timothy look like siblings. I also really didn't mind their dress. It was inoffensively boring, but Justin and Alexander's (I think those are their names) dress was horrible. Ugh.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

That is beautiful. That vest was criminally horrific and I've been sick of his poo poo from the jump.

Bad episode, bad clothes. 2nd place was completely adorable and 1st was incredible, other than that it was hot shiny garbage.

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Whenever I watch this show, I see people in the intro I feel like I've never seen before. Has the red headed girl been in any previous episodes? It feels like they insert different middle of the pack people each week.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

@dcurban1: #FlyersTalk @28CGiroux and @Hartsy19 What do the C and A mean to you? We as fans expect more.Are you leaders or do you just make funny vids

@dcurban1: #flyerstalk @28CGiroux @Hartsy19 The A and the C are supposed to mean something. Leadership not stock quotes to reporters. Time to lead.

Yehudis Basya posted:

How... how did the dress that looks like my dog's rag toy get in the top 2? I don't understand fashion. The blue pants look should have been in the top with the very awesome red sombrero dress.

It was painful to watch this episode. I wanted to hug Carrie Bradshaw and Timothy so much. And then when he talked about still believing unicorns! It was just so sad :(

It was outside the box and looked like something a kid would wear. Given the constraints of the challenge (using stuffed animals as fabric) they did a cool job. It was well constructed and the model was done to look like a kid.

That could have been in the bottom if the construction was poor and did not have a kid feel but they hit it out of the park.

Edit: When Tim questioned them about the outfit they replied that it was for juniors.

evilwaldo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 2, 2013

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face
To preface, I'm no fashionista but have been watching PR since the beginning. Last night's judging was strange. I do think the bottom 2 were good choices but that Domokun wanna be outfit should have just been safe and not at the top. Jeremy/Ken's outfit should have been in its place.

Bradon/Karen's dress was horrible but, again, not a fashionista. I also am not sure why the judges hated the Miranda/Unicorn's dress so much. The vest, sure, but reviewing the pictures again right now, I like the dress just fine.

Not sure if previews need to be spoiled but holy crap Sandro next week punching a camera!

Have to say that overall, I already like this season better than the entirety of last season.

As an aside, my friend makes her own clothes (from patterns, doesn't design) and entered a contest where you make a knock off of a designer pattern (forget what sewing website it was on). 1st place was a $200 gift card to Mood. She didn't win but came close. :(

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
If I was running Project Runway, I would have given the winner of the week a choice between immunity or more $$ in their bank account for the season.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I have been trying in vain to find a clip of Dmitry saying, "Ugh, Elena." from last last season.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Totally glad that Hipster Unicorn is gone, and hopefully the other one with the bad Bettie Page hair goes right behind him. I did like the Domo-kun outfit, since it's kind of cute. Bradon and Karen's dress was really nice, along with Jeremy and Ken's outfit. Those pants were really well done.

And I really dislike Sandro. He's like a knockoff Casanova, minus anything entertaining. That "women should listen to men more" crap got on my last nerve.

Ima Giraffe
Apr 30, 2009

Pucker Up!
Draaaaaaaaaamaaaaaa!

winner! Helen & Kate

I'm glad they didn't put the hat tops on both boobs to look like titty bulls eyes

Top Alexandria & Dom

They are channeling Frokémon from 2 seasons ago and I'm kinda digging it!

Bradon & Karen

The shoulder thing was a bridge too far

Jeremy & Ken

the pants are 90's the jacket is 70's

Sandro & Sue

wow… he is loosing it.

Bottom Alexander & Justin

that shape is awful. The bottom is all wrong

OUT Miranda & Timothy

for someone who does this "all the time" it's sure boring and unflattering. I think Alexander and Justin was the worst but it got rid of unicorn so I'm not arguing.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Alexander and Justin's model has the look on her face that this is the last place in the world she wants to be.

Tesla Insanely Coil
Jul 23, 2006

Ask me why I'm not squatting.
I think that shoulder poof had to do with one of their yogurt words which was never brought up again after the first five minutes.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
ding dong the unicorn is dead.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Bow ties next week? Novelty challenges are fun, but did they really need to do three out of first four episodes as novelty challenges? I've been trying to talk some friends back into watching ProjRun again (they bailed after the last few terrible seasons) and this makes it difficult.

So glad the emo unicorn is gone at least. I hope he's got a good therapist.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
What's the most unconventional materials challenges a season has ever had?

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

I would think the grocery store challenges. I remember dresses made out of corn husks and black trash bags from the first four seasons of ProjRun.

The challenge where they had to use parts/upholstery off of cars was interesting too. That was an earlier season as well.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Sorry I meant quantity, like Season X had Y number of unconventional challenge episodes.

Edit: I meant to write 'most amount of"

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Coconut Indian posted:

Sorry I meant quantity, like Season X had Y number of unconventional challenge episodes.

Edit: I meant to write 'most amount of"

Having watched ProjRun from season one (but missing a lot of the past two seasons), I recall that there used to be just one novelty challenge per season, no more than two. This season there's been three novelty challenges in the first month! And that translates to three novelty challenges in ten days when they're actually filming the episodes. No wonder designers are having meltdowns.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Inveigle posted:

Having watched ProjRun from season one (but missing a lot of the past two seasons), I recall that there used to be just one novelty challenge per season, no more than two. This season there's been three novelty challenges in the first month! And that translates to three novelty challenges in ten days when they're actually filming the episodes. No wonder designers are having meltdowns.

The second challenge was a design-based challenge with materials from Mood, so I'm not sure what you're thinking of. And I kind of liked that they did a second novelty challenge given that parachute material is so much like ordinary fabric; the results were pretty great.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

First challenge used parachutes, second challenge was the jewelry one, third challenge used carnival prizes. The fourth challenge (this week) uses bow ties. Three novelty challenges. Yes, the challenges were all fine, but honestly, I'd rather see people making nice clothing with fabric rather than weird poo poo.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

Inveigle posted:

First challenge used parachutes, second challenge was the jewelry one, third challenge used carnival prizes. The fourth challenge (this week) uses bow ties. Three novelty challenges. Yes, the challenges were all fine, but honestly, I'd rather see people making nice clothing with fabric rather than weird poo poo.

It's hard to tell over all the DRAMA, but it seems to me from the couple of outfits glimpsed in the trailer that the challenge involves designing outfits around bow ties, not using them as material. And even if the ties were the material, they're just made of ordinary fabric not much different than the designers would buy at Mood; it's not exactly a huge impediment. (Which is another reason I doubt that's part of the challenge.)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
LMAO at the Angry Russian Nuclear Meltdown...again.

Edit: dear god he needs to shut the gently caress up, why can't they eliminate him already

zakharov fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Aug 9, 2013

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Well that takes care of that problem! Also, sweetest ending ever.

evilwaldo
Aug 2, 2004

Well that was an interesting last 30 minutes. He snapped because he did not get any feedback and was in the middle of the pack.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Haha I'm going to miss that crazy fucker.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
On one hand I can understand where he's coming from in that the people who are safe never get any feedback, and it must be hard for those who feel they put in so much work expecting to be in the top. They never get to find out what they could have done better. On the other hand, he's a taint.

I think the Brit's look would have looked better with different pants. Maybe skinny jeans or tight pants? Sue's wouldn't have been so atrocious if she had sewed the ties onto the dress and cut them off at the waist.

What I don't like about Project Runway in general:
The judges tell designers they want to see their point of view and that they should stay true to their aesthetic but then criticize them for not showing that they can do different styles.
There was another back and forth thing they do and I just blanked.

Other things--Bradon's model looks like she's made of wood. Her skin is so perfect and shiny--no bumps, no scars, she's just gorgeous. Also, considering what Heidi wears on red carpets on the regular, yes, yes she would wear Sandro's garment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

"Remain true to your aesthetic" presupposes that you aren't a tacky motherfucker to begin with. But it's good advice overall; the designers who have no chance of winning on the basis of their own aesthetic will at least get exposure this way.

Dom was robbed. When is she going to get a win?

• Locked thread