Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I will never forgive Pikmin 2 for taking away my beloved ship I worked so hard to rebuild and replacing it with that greedy mechanical rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
I got so angry at the Ship's cold, corporate attitude toward the Pikmin and the President's greed that I imagined potential sequels involving Olimar and the Pikmin enacting a glorious people's Revolution against Hocotate Freight.

vv For all of the improvements Pikmin 2 made, I still like the first game's feel the best. Play it. vv

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 20, 2013

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

ImpAtom posted:

I never plan to use a super guide, but getting upset about them is silly.

Even in the old days, the response to "I can't beat this boss" often included "so buy Nintendo Power" or "use Game Genie" or whatever. The Konami Code is engraved into the memory of a ton of people because Contra was hard enough they used a cheat code on it. Going "back in the day, we played games like men" ignores that a lot of people didn't, it is just that how they got help was different.

Even if Super Guide didn't exist, people would go to Youtube or whatever and look it up. Some people like challenges and other people look in the back of the book to figure out who the murderer was. As long as A doesn't interfere with B then it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah ,super guides essentially cut out the middle man and save you money (or a trip to the computer).

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This is the most thought anybody's ever put into Pikmin. (Spoilers for Pikmin 3)

I gotta say I never really gave much thought as to why some bosses left behind a corpse and some just wilted/melted away.

As nerdy and insufferably presented as this is, I'm happy to see that it exists. Pikmin's slight second layer of creepiness always struck me as something worth analyzing.

• Locked thread