Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pikmin is what made me get a GameCube on launch. Something about the preview trailers and Nintendo's Spaceworld presentation just caught my amazement and I needed to own it. And it didn't disappoint; I got Rogue Leader and SSBM with my 'Cube as well, but Pikmin ruled my life for months. I still blow through it a few weekends a year because it's just a really great game.

And Pikmin 2 is my favorite GameCube game, period. It is perfect. I love that it's challenging, but I love that you can't 'game over'. I love the Purple and White Pikmin, I love Challenge Mode, I love absolutely everything about Pikmin 2. It's magical.

Pikmin 3 may force me to buy a Wii U and skip out on the PS4 and Xbone if it's even half as good as 1 or especially 2 were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LAY-ZX posted:

...And on that same journey I've just discovered that people have worked Pikmin 1 from 9 days down to 6. What the gently caress? :stonk:

I am not surprised; given how much speedrunning has taken off lately, I'd expect some crazy people to get it down from 9 days, since 9 days was the shortest time for years and years.

That said, I only barely completed it in 9 days and it felt like I had not a single second to spare. So yeah, that is pretty drat incredible.

• Locked thread