Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.
This is the game I bought a Wii U for, I loved Pikmin 2 that much. 1 was pretty cool but 2 is easily oneof , if not my absolute favourite game of all time. Obviously the games shown at this year's E3 helped motivate that purchase, but Pikmin 3 was the dealbreaker (as I didn't realize it was coming out so soon).

Am kind of disappointed that according to the OP, whites and purples aren't in the main campaign but at the same time, I'm kind of relieved; managing your numbers for those Pikmin in 2 was awkward at times and honestly made losing them all the more frustrating when you actually needed them (needing whites for buried treasure comes to mind). It was the one thing I didn't like much in Pikmin 2, and seeing from footage that Rockmin/Flying Pikmin can be produced via capsules etc makes me breathe a sigh of relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism

Internet Kraken posted:

Other than the obvious Water Wraith, what bosses did you guys hate the most?

Ranging Bloyster. The method you beat it without using stone sprays made it take ages to deal with, constantly switching captains to throw a few onto it before they're shaken off. Also, if you screwed up the multiple tongues would make you pay for it. Ugh.

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism

Sire Oblivion posted:

So I've been plowing through the game, I think I'm at the last area because it doesn't have any fruits in it and it's some sort of Olimar protecting mission I have 3 areas at 100% and it feels like I've barely played. :smith: I can't believe I've waited nearly 10 years and this game is going to be shorter than Pikmin 2 was.

What's Red Nectar do? I never managed to get any of my Pikmin to drink it because it was in an area where a Shaggy Long Legs was stomping around and I never saw it again (even though it lingered for a few days). And in the Distant Tundra, there's a series of ledges I can't seem to access with the last bits of fruit on them; I've searched all around and I can't find a single way to get up there. When I use the map to send a Captain up there there's an area where the waypoint crosses over onto the ledge as if there is supposed to be something there for them to get up there but it's just a bunch of straw or something on the ground.

To get up there, you have to take your captains to the area where the berry plant is as well as the swooping snitchbugs. Then, if you throw 2 captains and all your pikmin onto that plateau (there's a stick the pikmin can construct in the corner to climb up) you can go to the tip of the area and throw them onto a series of bounce mushrooms to get them across. Aside from some fruit there's the aforementioned haybale which works like a bridge, it'll make that area accessible via a hay ramp. Oh, also Fiery Blowhogs so be careful when throwing your pikmin over as they like to auto-dig/carry the nearby fruit..

Oh, and to use Ultra Spicy Spray from red nectar, press up on the control pad.

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's a plum! I don't know what the Velvety Dreamdrop is though.

Also people were saying you can't punch. But that's wrong. You can only do it when you're close to a monster (and you'll probably get hosed up in the process) but you totally can. The captains even make lil karate noises.

The Velvety Dreamdrop I believe is a Loquat, and as mentioned prior the Dapper Blob is a Mangosteen. Another one I had difficulty identifying at first was the Portable Sunset, until I realized it was a Persimmon from playing Animal Crossing and getting one there.

• Locked thread