Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Finally got around to buying this. I thought Pikmin 2 was so hard because I was a silly child at the time. Nope, Pikmin is just loving difficult and I am terrible at it.

Is it just me or are the days way shorter in this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think they're shorter, but I can't seem to find any hard info for how long Pikmin 2's days were. 1 and 3 were both ~13 minutes and I assume 2 was the same. However the days in Pikmin 2 may feel way longer since time doesn't pass during the caves, which are the majority of the game. Since you could do multiple caves in a single day, it could feel like they last forever.

That's probably it. It would have been nice if they left in the 'time freezes in caves' system, but didn't make caves quite as random or labyrinthine as in Pikmin 2.

EDIT: loving hell skimming through this thread, the consensus is really that the Wiimote is better than the gamepad for this? There are only two games that are bearable to play with that thing, and they're both called Mario Galaxy. I tried the Pikmin 2 NPC version once and couldn't last 5 minutes.

stev fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 16, 2014

• Locked thread