Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Hogburto posted:

Are you incapable of understanding context or what? Maybe you have a browser script or style removing BBCode quote tags?

Or maybe you could have realized that you jumped in the middle of the conversation and mentioned the wrong story when trying to make your point.

They were talking about a man at a gas station who shot at a car 8 times because the guy inside didn't want to lower his music, they were not talking about that case. What you brought up had absolutely no bearing on their conversation at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Twee as gently caress posted:

Or maybe you could have realized that you jumped in the middle of the conversation and mentioned the wrong story when trying to make your point.

They were talking about a man at a gas station who shot at a car 8 times because the guy inside didn't want to lower his music, they were not talking about that case. What you brought up had absolutely no bearing on their conversation at all.
I clearly established who I was talking about in inquiry before following up with the case results the person I was replying to may have been wondering about. You're a dumbass.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Again, the fact that 'his gated community is literally three streets' doesn't mean that this is what his neighborhood watch functions were limited to it. As far as I know, he was part of the Sanford Neighborhood Watch program and thus, watched over Sanford and not three streets.

Gonna have to back up the fact he only had three streets when it comes to his NW duty with some facts rather than telling me to google some map.

I thought the whole point was that he wasn't actually part of the neighborhood watch, or he was basically the only active member of said watch.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Again, the fact that 'his gated community is literally three streets' doesn't mean that this is what his neighborhood watch functions were limited to it. As far as I know, he was part of the Sanford Neighborhood Watch program and thus, watched over Sanford and not three streets.

Gonna have to back up the fact he only had three streets when it comes to his NW duty with some facts rather than telling me to google some map.

Actually that is how these Neighborhood watch things work. You watch YOUR neighborhood, not three neighborhoods down the road and across the highway. I was invited to our neighborhood watch and it consisted of four blocks. Four.

And if you never even bothered to see the area in question why are you even debating here? You've made numerous references to evidence and time lines. Have you just been going off what other people said? It's a cul-de-sac neighborhood of affordable "apartments". Townhouses if you will.

You are going to have to back up your claims on how the City of Sanford has civilians patrolling areas they don't live in.

lfield
May 10, 2008
It wasn't an official NW program, and Zimmerman was the only member, so who knows what the area was that he watched. But his neighborhood does only have three streets.

Also, if his reason for walking around instead of going back to his car really was to look for a street sign, walking through the top of the T intersection wouldn't help him, as that would be Retreat View Circle, which is the street he lives on.

Additionally, as was mentioned in the trial, Zimmerman names the street unprompted during the reconstruction video the next day. Plus the dispatcher didn't even ask him to get an address, they arranged to meet at the mailboxes near the entrance to the neighborhood until Zimmerman changed the plan to the police calling him back to see where he was.