Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

the posted:

Because people don't feel suspicious around White kids, but they do around Black kids:

Pretty much this.

Everybody saying this isn't a race issue isn't focusing on the fact that Zimmerman stalked Trayvon because "he looked suspicious". Black teen in a hoodie eating Skittles walking around, and Zimmerman on a 911 call said that was "suspicious".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in what planet does that not constitute racial profiling?

edit: Not saying "lolwhite people", far from it. Zimmerman's Hispanic and that fact shouldn't be forgotten either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That's a bit too cynical, even for me.

I think that was the exact thing Zimmerman's attorney said, post-verdict (the "this wouldn't have went to trial if Zimmerman was black" thing).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

For anyone wondering if the shooter does NOT use deadly force and is NOT white:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/fla-mom-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shots/

No but seriously why does Florida still exist

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gee, it's almost like Trayvon did what he did out of fear for his life.

But how could that be, when he was only being stalked by a person for no reason who wound up eventually murdering him?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spunkshui posted:

Why did he get suspended from school. Why did he get in fights?

Why does this have nothing to do with what the person you quoted asked, which had legitimate basis with the current debate?

Sucrose posted:

Are you legally entitled to beat the poo poo out of someone for following you around?

a guy was just declared legally entitled to kill somebody he was stalking, so who knows anymore in this dumb country

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Twee as gently caress posted:

Following a guy for less than 5 minutes while talking to the police on their phone is now 'stalking'? Are you guys serious?

quote:

Harass or persecute (someone) with unwanted and obsessive attention

That came up front and center on a Google search for "stalking". Following a guy while talking to the police on their phone, no matter the length, sounds like the definition posted herein.

If you're going to say "why wasn't he charged with stalking", I won't argue that. That was a fuckup, and if that had been added to the charges, he gets found guilty of at least something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If only one thing can be taken away from this case, it's "gently caress Florida."

And if you needed this case to know that fact, you just haven't been paying attention.