Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

R. Mute posted:

Now it turns out they were paying Malanda minimum wage. Is Decuyper actively trying to sabotage Zulte?

I think he's always been this weird but had the luck of Mannaert saying no to his dumb ideas in his first year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Making him captain... I dunno. Seems rather stupid but if that was a condition of Chelsea then whatever, make him captain. Could've been more subtle in communicating it with the others though.

But obligated to take all setpieces, that's beyond retarded. That's something that should be earned by being good at them. At least, it should be in any team that has the least bit of self-respect. But I suppose that's lacking there.

As for Malanda: gently caress him. First he's whining about 'stuff has happened there, you don't want to know', then just goes back there for (half) a year. If it was that bad, don't go back you retard. Now he's just exposed as a whiny oval office.

If it was because he was at minimum wage and wanted more, why not just say that? If it really was that low a wage, everybody would have understood.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Because of Simons' red card last week and his suspension this week, he has already missed more minutes this season than he did in all his seasons in the Bundesliga combined!

Speaking of, Het Nieuwsblad made a list of the 50 most powerful people in Belgian football today and it is as follows:

1 Steven Martens (CEO of the Belgian FA)
2 Roger Vanden Stock (Owner of Anderlecht and former vice-chairman of the Belgian FA)
3 Michel Dupont (Chairman of the Pro League)
4 Roland Duchâtelet (Owner of Standard (also STVV behind the scenes, his son is owner of Ujpest))
5 Bart Verhaeghe (Owner of Club Brugge)
6 François De Keersmaecker (Chairman of the Belgian FA, member of the Marketing and Television Council of FIFA, second vice-chairman of the UEFA Judicial Commission)
7 Ivan De Witte (Owner of AA Gent, former chairman of the Pro League)
8 Walter Mortelmans (Football agent, owner of ISM International Sport Management who represent - among others - Bryan Ruiz and several youth players from the big teams)
9 Ludwig Sneyers (CEO of the Pro League)
10 Didier Frenay (Football agent with Starfactory who represent - among others - Tom De Sutter, main shareholder of KSV Roeselare)
11 Philippe Collin (Secretary-general of Anderlecht and chairman of the Technical Commission of the Belgian FA)
12 Johnny Maesschalck (Sports lawyer, best known for going against the anti-doping whereabouts system)
13 Vincent Kompany (Manchester City and Belgian NT captain, member of the Belgian NT players' council)
14 Herman Van Holsbeeck (Sportive Manager Anderlecht)
15 Marc Wilmots (Belgian NT manager)
16 Dirk Degraen (General Manager Racing Genk)
17 Christophe Henrotay (Former secretary-general of Standard and currently agent of - among others - Romelu Lukaku and Kevin Mirallas)
18 Vincent Mannaert (General Manager Club Brugge)
19 Michel D'Hooghe (Former chairman of Club Brugge, former Pro League chairman, former Belgian FA chairman, Chairman of the FIFA Medical Commission)
20 Michel Louwagie (General Manager AA Gent)
21 Timmy Simons (Club Brugge captain, former Belgian NT captain, member of the Belgian NT players' council)
22 Jean-Louis Dupont (Sports lawyer, principal lawyer in the Bosman Arrest, currently fighting against FFP)
23 Peter Vandenbempt (Pundit and commentator for the Flemish public broadcaster)
24 Philippe Muyters (Flemish minister for Sport)
25 Johan Boskamp (Former football player and manager at - among others - Anderlecht, currently pundit for the Flemish public broadcaster)
26 Robert Jeurissen (Chairman of the Refereeing Commission of the Belgian FA)
27 Eden Hazard (Don't know who this is)
28 Mogi Bayat (Cousin of former Charleroi chairman Abbas Bayat, former General Manager of Charleroi, currently agent)
29 Jacques Lichtenstein (Agent at ELEVEN Management, currently represents - among others - Vincent Kompany)
30 Patrick Decuyper (General Manager and main shareholder of Zulte Waregem)
31 Francky Dury (Manager of Zulte Waregem, former manager of Gent, former Director of Football of the Belgian FA)
32 Marc Rubens (Attorney of the Belgian FA)
33 John Porter (CEO of Telenet, currently the biggest digital broadcaster of Belgian football in Flanders)
34 Ludo Vandewalle (Sports Editor at Het Nieuwsblad)
35 Dejan Veljikovic (Football agent who represents - among others - Brecht Dejaeghere)
36 Didier Bellens (Chairman of Belgacom, the biggest telecom operator in Belgium and one of the digital broadcasters of Belgian football in Belgium (with Telenet as competitor in Flanders and VOO in Wallonia))
37 Filip Joos (Commentator and pundit for the Flemish public broadcaster and Telenet)
38 Stephan Keygnaert (Sports Editor at Het Laatste Nieuws)
39 Gert Verheyen (Former Club Brugge captain, former pundit for Belgacom and the Flemish public broadcaster, currently manager of the youth teams at the Belgian FA)
40 Geert De Vlieger (Former Belgian NT goalkeeper, currently pundit and commentator for Telenet)
41 Roger Lambrecht (Chairman of Sporting Lokeren)
42 Jacques Sys (Chief Editor of Sport/Voetbalmagazine)
43 Arnar Gretarsson (Director of Football at Club Brugge)
44 Daniel Van Buyten (BIG DAN, (former?) member of the Belgian NT players' council)
45 Willy Renders (Technical Director of Racing Genk)
46 Johan Timmermans (Chairman of KV Mechelen)
47 Erik De Lembre (Chairman of the Licensing Commission of the Belgian FA aka the bloke who wrecked Beerschot :getin:))
48 Jean-Luc Dehaene (Former prime minister of Belgium, Chief Enforcer of FFP (which considering his Dexia period is doing gently caress all))
49 René Vijt (Football agent at the aforementioned ISM)
50 John Bico (Football agent representing - among others - the Hazards)

belgend fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 3, 2013

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

And Hazard offers the captainship back to De fauw :thumbsup:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

And they won against Kortrijk. This obviously isn't over, but it's some good news at least.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

wow that was way too tense

Cercle 0-4 Anderlecht (0-2)
Lokeren 2-1 Mons (0-1)
Charleroi 1-1 Waasland (0-0)
OHL 1-4 Genk (0-1)
Waregem 1-0 Kortrijk (0-0)
Gent 2-1 Mechelen (0-1)
Standard 3-0 Lierse (2-0)
Oostende 1-2 Club (1-1)

In other news this week, Mboyo's girlfriend got hit by a car and is in critical state. Let's hope she makes it.

NEXT WEEK

WEDNESDAY

Waregem - PSV (0-2)

THURSDAY

Club - Wroclaw (0-1)
Standard - Xanthi (2-1)

FRIDAY

Kortrijk - Lokeren

SATURDAY

Oostende - OHL
Lierse - Cercle
Mons - Charleroi
Waasland - Mechelen

SUNDAY

Club - Waregem
Anderlecht - Gent
Genk - Standard

Wow, decent Sunday actually so soon in the season.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

So, Rapist to Genk is a done deal. Having been reading the transfers thread for a while, I'm always surprised when I read things like that Mboyo is Genk's most expensive transfer yet... at €4,5 million.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

So, Rapist to Genk is a done deal. Having been reading the transfers thread for a while, I'm always surprised when I read things like that Mboyo is Genk's most expensive transfer yet... at €4,5 million.

I first heard it was between €4-5 million, but today they're saying it's €3,5 million. He apparantly makes €1,2 million/year :stare:.
Also wondering who his replacement will be. I've heard talks about some Spanish Segunda Division striker who worked with Fernandez.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I hear Luiz Suarez is looking for a new club...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

I hear Luiz Suarez is looking for a new club...

Would he be banned here also for the first couple of games?

By the way, Brugge...
And dibs on that Sobota guy. Frank Raes keeps saying a belgian club should buy him.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Waregem 0-3 PSV (0-0) (0-5 agg)
Club 3-3 Wroclaw (0-1) (3-4 agg)
Standard 2-1 Xanthi (0-0) (4-2 agg)

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I also forgot to mention this, but fire Godeau into the sun. I just don't get why we bought him after last season.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Decuyper has hosed off as Zulte Waregem's technical director

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Good.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Nice match between Zulte and Club. Uncharacteristically decent defending by Club, at times. poo poo ref, but that goes without saying.

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 11, 2013

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Poor, poor Genk. Sheer bad luck, this one. Well, that and some dirty play by Standard.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

international break :geno:

Kortrijk 3-3 Lokeren (0-0)
Lierse 1-1 Cercle (1-0)
Oostende 1-1 OHL (0-1)
Waasland 0-0 Mechelen
Mons 1-2 Charleroi (1-0)
Club 1-1 Waregem (1-0)
Anderlecht 4-1 Gent (2-0)
Genk 0-2 Standard (0-1)

FUN FACT: Imoh Ezekiel's 0-1 in the Genk-Standard match is officially the quickest goal EVER in Jupiler Pro history with 10 seconds. The previous record was 11 seconds held by Peter Odemwingie.

NEXT WEEK

WEDNESDAY

Belgium - France

SATURDAY

Mechelen - Club
Gent - Lierse
Charleroi - Kortrijk
Waregem - Mons
Lokeren - Genk
Cercle - Oostende

SUNDAY

Standard - OHL
Waasland - Anderlecht

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Red Devils can't score, news at 11

Belgium 0-0 France

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Zulte-Waregem can barely score either, but Mons are poo poo enough that Zulte still won 2-0. Seriously though, Mons are so bad.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Wow, Gent pulled something out of their rear end against Lierse.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Didn't expect Lokeren to beat Genk either. I really don't want to admit that Lokeren is a good team now.

I am glad that Cercle finally found a team that's worse than them.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Wow, Gent pulled something out of their rear end against Lierse.

Yeah, being behind and coming back in the last minutes of the game is kinda our thing at home it seems. I don't like it. But glad we won :)

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

RESULTS, we're a 10th of the way through

Mechelen 1-2 Club (0-1)
Cercle 2-0 Oostende (2-0)
Waregem 2-0 Mons (1-0)
Lokeren 3-1 Genk (1-0)
Gent 2-1 Lierse (0-1)
Charleroi 1-2 Kortrijk (1-2)
Standard 1-0 OHL (0-0)
Waasland 0-3 Anderlecht (0-0)

NEXT WEEK

THURSDAY

Waregem - APOEL
FH - Genk
FK Minsk - Standard

SATURDAY

OHL - Lokeren
Kortrijk - Mechelen
Lierse - Waasland

SUNDAY

Club - Gent
Anderlecht - Charleroi
Genk - Cercle
Oostende - Zulte
Mons - Standard

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20130820_00699845

:ohdear:

We're poo poo without him and our defense is already weak enough as it is. I don't want to start with Van Buyten and Pocognoli. :(

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

R. Mute posted:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20130820_00699845

:ohdear:

We're poo poo without him and our defense is already weak enough as it is. I don't want to start with Van Buyten and Pocognoli. :(

Mate:

Vertonghen - Lombaerts - Van Buyten - Alderweireld

against Scotch

is going to be alright.

In other news, the transfer saga followed by no one has ended with Carl Hoefkens heading to Lierse

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

They beat Croa- ah, I can't even do it. You're right.

Any news on top Belgian transfer saga Emile Mpenza?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Surprisingly, no

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

R. Mute posted:

They beat Croa- ah, I can't even do it. You're right.

Any news on top Belgian transfer saga Emile Mpenza?

KV Oostende are said to be considering him, he's training with Hoogstraten now. He's probably done since I can't see any club that's big enough to assuage his ego being willing to sign him.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Just hope he gets fit in time to be called up for the remaining WC qualifiers. :ohdear:

Can you imagine our team without him?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ariel Jacobs is poo poo and were just fired, you can have him back.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Hegav posted:

Ariel Jacobs is poo poo and were just fired, you can have him back.

Just another manager to put on the watchlist once the first manager here gets fired.

I ALMOST FORGOT TO INTRODUCE OUR EUROPEAN OPPONENT FRIENDS

Αθλητικός Ποδοσφαιρικός Όμιλος Ελλήνων Λευκωσίας aka Thrylos (The Legend)

:engleft:

APOEL are based in Nicosia, Cyprus. Current Waasland-Beveren loanee Ivan Trickovski did OK for them two years ago when they had that silly Champions League run. That was fun. They were once pulled out of European competition because the Cyprotic government refused them to play a Turkish team.

They've won 22 Cypriot Championships, 19 Cypriot Cups and 13 Cypriot Supercups.

2012-13: Cyrpriot Champion, Cypriot Super Cup winner, Second round of the Cypriot Cup (lost on away goals to AEL Limassol), last qualifier EL (2-4 agg loss to Neftchi Baku).

Previous opponents:
CL - NK Maribor (Svn): away goals loss
EL: n/a

Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar aka FH-ingar

:engleft:

FH are based in Hafnarfjörður, Iceland. They are home to former Chelsea youth prospect Sam Tillen

They've been Icelandic champions 6 times, won two Icelandic Cups, 5 League Cups, 6 Icelandic Super Cup and 1 Atlantic Cup (whatever that is).

2012: Urvalsdeild Champion, Third Round Icelandic Cup (loss on penalties against Fylkir), Quarterfinals Deildabiker (penalties loss to KR), Second Qualifier Europa League (2-1 aggregate loss to AIK Stockholm)

Previous opponents:
CL - Ekranas (Lit): 3-1 agg win, Austria Wien (Aus): 0-1 aggregate loss
EL: n/a

Football Club Minsk

:eng99:

This club is based in Minsk, is 7 years old and still has a bigger stadium than most JPL clubs.

They have one (1) Belarussian cup win.

2012-13: 6th in the Belarussian league, Belarussian cup winner!!!

Previous opponents:
EL - Valletta (Mal): 3-1 agg win, St. Johnstone (Sco): penalties win

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Wow, someone who isn't me took the time to make a plastics flowchart for Belgian football (in Dutch):

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Which one's the comazuiper and the not-boring team?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

R. Mute posted:

Which one's the comazuiper and the not-boring team?

Eendracht Aalst and Royal Antwerp

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

All Belgian teams are poo poo.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

R. Mute posted:

All Belgian teams are poo poo.

The TYK JPL flowchart for plastics:

Do you like good football? -> Yes -> Tough poo poo
|
v

No

|
v

Watch the games and pick your own team

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Do you like good football? -> Yes -> Tough poo poo
|
v

No

|
v

Watch the games and pick your own team

|
v

Did you pick Anderlecht? -> No -> Okay then. Be sure to watch better leagues too so you don't start hating football

|
v

Yes

|
v

Go gently caress yourself.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Heh, good football leading to Club Brugge :raise:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

beedeebee posted:

Heh, good football leading to Club Brugge :raise:

To be fair the only reason saying 'no' to being arrogant about succes leads to Gent is because they don't have any successes :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Oh, right, Eurofoot

Waregem 1-1 APOEL (1-0)
FH 0-2 Genk (0-1)
Minsk 0-2 Standard (0-0)

• Locked thread