Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
I'm planning on flying from Chicago to DC in February for Magfest at the Gaylord Resort Hotel in National Harbor, MD from 2/18/-2/21 and I think I might have already screwed up.

The ideal would be MDW <-> DCA since MDW is less hassle than ORD and DCA is very close to the venue. I was periodically checking Southwest fares until I got to about the 8-6 week away mark and prices have gone up from $198 round trip to about $278. Prices don't seem to be going down, though. Should I wait or begin thinking of alternate arrangements? I can deal with having to use ORD and/or BWI/IAD instead, but right now the prices are only marginally better. I could even bookend my trip with seeing some family/friends if I wanted to. I guess I just think I screwed up a perfectly hassle free MDW <-> DCA flight at a good price by waiting too long.

I occasionally see links for fare deals offered by Southwest, but they almost never seem to include MDW or DCA as options. Not sure if I should just keep waiting or just suck it up and book now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Southwest is great, but probably because they take the majority of flights in/out at Midway and Midway is a million times better than O'Hare, the free carry-on and checked bags are a plus, too.

My only gripe is that they won't index on ITA/Google Flights and they separate their fares instead of tallying it up for a round-trip

Speaking of, looks they started up another sale for fares Jan-Mar, looks like I can fly to DC for $198 after all. I can even bookend and fly from Midway into Dulles, see my dad in Jefferson County, WV, go to Magfest, see my cousin in Downtown DC and fly back to Midway from Reagan.

It's fairly trivial to book separate one way tickets for domestic flights, correct? Just buy one ticket, and then the other?

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

I got a last minute room at DragonCon, trying to fly roundtrip from ORD or MDW -> ATL from 9/1 (arrive around 12-3 PM) - 9/5 (Leave after 12 PM). My options outside of budget airlines appear to be Delta (ORD), United (ORD), and Southwest (MDW). Pricing doesn't seem to be ideal due to the timing, and the best I have so far is a United $167 roundtrip fare currently being tracked on Google Flights (down $20 from $187 last time I checked). Any chances of me improving things here?

At least I can take MARTA from the airport to the downtown hotelplex @ Peachtree Station instead of having to rent a car.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

Thanks guys, booked at $176.