Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned
I need help to not make the vacation my friend and I are planning manically expensive before we even set foot at our destinations.

•Origin: WAS (DCA, IAD, or BWI)
•Destination1: REK (Reykjavik)
•Destination2: Lisbon (LIS)

•Duration of trip with dates: Aug 23 - Sep 1

•Flexibility: +1 on departure to Iceland, -1 on return from LIS

Friend and I are planning on 5 days 4 nights in Iceland for the first leg of our trip, with the remaining time somewhere like Portugal (not yet necessarily the definitive second destination). Fares to Reykjavik look reasonable at about $435/$500 one way. But as soon as I add additional stops, the price balloons up to the $3000+ range.

Any help would be awesome.

Edit: for additional info, willing to fly coach at just about any hour. And while non-stop is preferred, I'd be fine with connections of no more than 1 per leg, and layovers less than a couple of hours (3-4 max before I'll feel an acute need to kill myself)

bam thwok fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

FISHMANPET posted:

Is there a search engine that will let me search for flights that return before a specific time? To be specific, I'm looking at a round trip between BWI and MSP leaving the 23rd of August and returning on the 27th. The flight needs to land in BWI before 9 AM, otherwise the departure will need to be on the 26th. But I can't find a way to put that criteria in on any search engines. I can generally say "I want to depart after this time" but not "I want to depart before this time."

Kayak does that. It has a slider that let's you specify a range of departure times.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
So this just happened:

google.com/flights

Any first impressions?

Edit: ah, seems to have been around a while, but I just noticed it was added to Maps

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Help me fly cheap/conveniently! Going to Egypt with a group, all arriving and departing separately.

Duration: ~8 days
Origin (flexible): NYC (all airports)
Destination: Cairo (CAI)
Arrival: 12/15/2014, AM if possible. Not very flexible. Itinerary begins that evening, and I'm not keen to arrive the night before on my own
Departure: 12/22/2014 (any time)

Google flights/Kayak have not been kind.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

sellouts posted:

Why are you booking so late during the holidays? With such little flexibility it sounds like you are looking for a miracle.

Eh, nothing I could do. Late-developing itinerary, and the possibility of a group purchase discount that fell through.

At this point, I guess my only question is if there's any source for price history data that would let me know if it I should book immediately or if there's likely to be any more give in the prices in the next few days or weeks.