Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

What's the domestic-international connection like at San Francisco? I'm going to have a slightly over one hour stop there to swap planes from domestic to international and a bit worried about the time, but I had no alternative that wasn't terrible.

I'll have a couple checked bags but I assume I won't have to do anything with them (same airline, too), just get my own rear end to the plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Mackieman posted:

What airline? If it's United, an hour should be plenty if you're on time. You may have to hoof it a bit, but you'll make the flight. If you're delayed, we'll say some kind words over your remains. I'd know your backup routing options and be prepared to call if things go tits up. If you care to post your itinerary I'll look at alternatives you can request.

It is United.

February 25, 2015
Arrive at ORD on little regional plane 8:43 AM

Flight 769 ORD -> SFO
Depart 10 AM, Arrive 12:38 PM

Flight 9 SFO -> CTU
Depart 1:35 PM, Arrive 7:55 PM next day

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Mackieman posted:

I'm headed to CTU next week. :cool:

Downside for your trip is that 1:35PM is about an hour and a half after the TPAC bank leaves SFO, so you're rather screwed if something goes tits up. Best you can do is get on the midnight departures (11 hours after your originally scheduled departure) to PEK or HKG; you wind up getting there on the 27th instead of the 26th. If you have elite status (or don't mind the $75 fee) to do a Same Day Change to an earlier departure from ORD, you might consider it based on conditions on your day of travel.

It is a cool city to get fat in.

Being delayed isn't a huge deal other than being annoying, I don't have to be at work for a few days after I return anyway. It was the only 787 I could find though, the rest were 747-400s with no in-seat entertainment or power plugs. I'm already having to do that on the way over and the return flight is even longer.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to get to Central Asia that isn't really expensive. I don't know exact dates yet but I've been using Feb 3 to 23 as a guess, so assume flexible. I'd be flying out of Chengdu and would be okay with basically anywhere in Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, or Dushanbe in Tajikistan. Almaty seems to have the cheapest flights that I can find but I'm not really interested in going there.

Chengdu -> Tashkent would be the ideal route. The cheapest I can find is $1,200 though and is an absurd route of Chengdu -> Xian -> Incheon -> Tashkent.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

That is a neat site for me right now since I'm pretty wide open about destinations but staring at my wallet with fear.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Hello goons. I am looking for a multi-city trip so I am not sure if booking separately is better or not. The first leg is CTU -> ICN around January 15th. I'll then be flying from Korea to Japan, I'm going to do one of the low cost airlines for that (Air Busan or Peach). Then flying Tokyo -> CTU around February 11th. I have flexibility to leave after the 15th or return before the 11th if there's a huge saving but if it's just a few bucks it's not worth it.

I did a search for those dates and came up with $468 for my cheapest trip. That's doable but if anyone's search skillz can find something cheaper that'd be neat.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 29, 2016

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Mackieman posted:

$348 on Air Macau but you have long layovers, including an overnight on the way back, in Macau. Some may see that as a feature rather than a bug but it is an available choice.

Okay, sounds like there's nothing else. I did see that flight but the layovers are insane. And overnight in Macau is going to mean gambling away all the savings. Thanks for checking!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

If there's a specific flight I want to take, like I know the flight number and airline, is it best to book that through the airline and then do my connect separately? I don't really care about the connection but I must have a 787 for my 16 hour trans-Pacific flight. So much nicer.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I found a full booking on Hipmunk already, just thinking about cheaper. One way CTU -> DAY on anything from August 26-29, but the first flight is the United 8 flight from CTU to SFO. The one I found is $1,300 which I guess isn't crazy but it is a couple hundred more than I usually spend trans-Pacific. Maybe since it's one-way.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I just went ahead and booked it already, doubt I'd find much cheaper than $1300. I got the last seat at the bulkhead for all dat legroom so I'm good.