Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Migz
Apr 27, 2006
Hola

First time international traveler, looking to take the goon right of passage and visit Thailand.

Details:

Origin: Tampa, Florida
Destination: BangKok

Duration of trip: November 10-24ish

Can you use alternate or nearby airports? Yes, Orlando.. Can go out of NY or Cali.. I've heard some times they have better deals in Cali but I think NY is a shorter flight?

Do you have a specific airline preference? Nope

Can you fly a day or two before or after your preferred travel date? Can leave 10th or after.. have to be back by thanksgiving

Time/Day of the week you leave: on vacation.. so prefer to start travel on the 10th any time.

Traveling with a friend if that helps? Seeing some flights on skyscanner from 950 to 1100ish.. Is that about normal? Seems kinda cheap to me. I remember seeing flights before in the 1500 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migz
Apr 27, 2006
Whats considered a horrible flight?

This is what I'm looking at.

http://www.skyscanner.com/transport...d=false#details

jetBlue

B6426

6:55 PM

TPA Tampa International

Departure

2h 36m

9:31 PM

JFK New York John F. Kennedy

Destination

Change airportLong wait

Connection

3h 39m

Cathay Pacific

CX899

1:10 AM (+1)

EWR New York Newark

Departure

15h 50m

6:00 AM (+1)

HKG Hong Kong International

Destination

Connect in airportLong wait

Connection

3h 10m

Cathay Pacific

CX713

9:10 AM

HKG Hong Kong International

Departure

3h

11:10 AM

BKK Bangkok Suvarnabhumi

Destination

Arrives: Thursday, Nov 12, 2015Journey duration: 28h 15m

Migz
Apr 27, 2006
Thanks Whip :D thats a pretty sweet find. Now hopefully my friend makes up his mind :P Hes looking at other Nov destinations now :/

Migz
Apr 27, 2006
So I found a flight I want to book on google flights and at the ending is just asking me to call air china to book. I call them and they have no idea what google flights is? what gives.. how do I book this flight lol.