Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

It's that time again. If you clicked on this thread you're likely familiar with this shitshow, make a team, spend months predicting which players are going to have easy games and come into form, then get bored and gently caress off before september (just like mourinho)

You have until 17th August to pick your team, endlessly gently caress with it, and cry rivers of tears when Gareth Bale gets snapped in half by some crystal palace junkie fuckhead 20 minutes into the first day of the season. After that you can make 1 free transfer every gameweek. You can make one player your captain, which doubles his points. Just captain RVP. Seriously.

The code to join TRP Classic is 12755-4527. This is a bog-standard points tally competition, whoever has the most points at the end, wins.

The current code to join TRP Head 2 Head is 2446686-513957 . H2H is more like a regular football league, you play against a different player every week, your points tally vs his points tally. Whoever has more points gets the 3 league points that week. H2H is limited to 20 people, just like last year.

:siren: WHEN THE H2H LEAGUE IS FULL, MAKE A NEW ONE AND POST IT AND I'LL ADD IT TO THE OP :siren:

p.s. don't make a new one without checking the thread to see if someone else already did, fucktard

As an established Fantasy Veteran, I'll use the remainder of this post to provide some Pro Tips to any new players coming into the game for the first time:

1) pick rvp
2) captain rvp
3) do not pick any liverpool players unless you are an expert
4) remember to make sure you captained rvp this week

Popehoist fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

To get things started here is My Team, Lads.

I hope Zaba and Arteta have better seasons than last year. Michu is now too expensive and has become a trap for bad players, avoid.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Introducing the first version of Belgium Juniors FC

(Bench is Vorm - Richards - De Ridder - Sanogo)

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Jozy will win this for me, mark my words.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to play this year, last time I played Fantasy Premier League I was top 20 Everton fans in October and crumbled under the pressure and never looked at my team ever again. Not this time.

The Stone Cold Stunners

Duncan Sperguson fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 15, 2013

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
I'm telling you that he's really back guys.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Is there a reason to put together a team now rather than at the last minute? Are the players' prices going to change between now and then?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Nothing's finalised. It's just to have a good starting position. Teams will probably get fiddled with like mental as the transfer season progresses

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

jyrka posted:

Is there a reason to put together a team now rather than at the last minute? Are the players' prices going to change between now and then?
Prices won't change until GW1 starts, no. The only real reason to do it now is so you don't have to do it later.

EDIT: It's also worth mentioning that this year FPL is doing a pay to play version with so far unexplained rules, other than you get 25 players and £160m transfer kitty to play with. http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ultimate/

Primpod fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 15, 2013

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Any possibility of switching over to Metro's fantasy football? The scoring system is miles better

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Yohan Kebab posted:

Any possibility of switching over to Metro's fantasy football? The scoring system is miles better

Start a league then.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Nutetall Athletic

Assuming a chelsea DGW leading into a GW3 wildcard to get on the price increase bandwagons.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Time to play this for 2 months like every season and then forget all about it!

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle

Popehoist posted:

1) pick rvp

Well I sorta got the first point right in my team Sub-par Scots.

Picking up all the points this year...

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I've gone with players who are mostly new to the league and a couple of overrated current players. Might make it full new guys XI. It depends on the transfer window.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
They've changed the bonus points system, and stated how it will all be calculated. I think it will give defenders a better chance of picking up bonus more regularly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

In as FC Last Place again. This lineup is crazy preliminary.

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

In as The Tottenham Haters.

Looking forward to winning H2H1 again :effortless:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I've auto-completed my team and will have forgotten all about it by morning

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Woowar Superstar

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have a feeling runaway player of the year will be a certain Josmer..

derekf
Nov 20, 2005
5 years late
Benteke and Michu (both 9M) will probably under perform compared to last year. Wilshire and Wanyama look like good buys at 6.5 and 5. And I predict this year's wildcard wonder to be one Andreas Cornelius.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So tempted to pick up Fellaini on the offchance that he does sign with United. Also Liverpool's Lucas looks like a steal.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

derekf posted:

Benteke and Michu (both 9M) will probably under perform compared to last year. Wilshire and Wanyama look like good buys at 6.5 and 5. And I predict this year's wildcard wonder to be one Andreas Cornelius.

I haven't played this before but Wanyama seems like he'd be a bad buy. He won't get many goals and assists and seems like he'll pick up a few cards.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

The people getting Wanyama are doing so solely on the Barcelona match and as someone who's seen him at both Beerschot and Celtic let me just say that match was a fluke

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
In as

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Borussia Bortmund are here and ready to totally remember to do this after like Christmas. Who even won last year

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Liverpool supporters: what kind of role do you think Lucas will have this season? He seems criminally cheap, probably because he was out for such long periods last year.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Der Shovel posted:

Liverpool supporters: what kind of role do you think Lucas will have this season? He seems criminally cheap, probably because he was out for such long periods last year.
This is a shout.

Also, tip for this year: Do not pick Robin Van Persie

I don't know anything about the teams that have come up. Might try out Zaha and see how many games he gets for United. Other than that, same strategy as the last few years: Depth is meaningless.

edit: Javi Garcia for £5m? Good plan?

Hoops fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 16, 2013

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Hoops posted:

people say this and get proven wrong every single year

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hoops posted:

This is a shout.

Yeah, I'm kinda on the fence about him myself. £14m is an outrageous amount of money and he PROBABLY won't equal his tally from last season. Now that I've said it he'll bang in 60, of course.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Popehoist posted:

people say this and get proven wrong every single year
This year will not be his year.

Not counting bonus points, you can get more points from allocating the money elsewhere. Bonus points might mean it was worth gutting the rest of your squad to get him, but it would take too much effort to work that out so I'm just going with my gut.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Team Wenger Knows

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Cech and Schwarzer one-two keeper combo. Mourinho's Chelsea conceded bugger all last time.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

:siren:NEW HEAD 2 HEAD LEAGUE::siren: 65258-22064 (20 teams)

Borussia Boom Boom

Raffles fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 16, 2013

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

Lucas is always terrible in fantasy football because he just never goes forward (one goal in 150 league matches). He only gets one point for a clean sheet and he'll get a yellow card every 3-4 matches. Take a gamble on somebody from CRY or somewhere else for the money.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
In as Real Jolson. Not posting my team because I've thrown together a bunch of crap just to get registered and will have a proper look in a few weeks. Also it's hard for me to not pick George Boyd for sentimental reasons.

In terms of the teams that have come up, Bellamy seems a steal, but there's people here that paid a lot more attention to the Championship last year than me. Is he still likely to perform?

Other conundrums are if Benteke gets his big money move, does he become better value because he's at a better team than Villa, or worse because he's no longer numero uno? And Dzeko looked a no-brainer, but I'm not liking the sound of Negredo coming to City to compete for the spot. I really fancy Shurrle too, but we don't know how he fits in yet.

Psybro fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 16, 2013

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

These leagues are a goldmine for digging up your real names. Just look at the names of the managers in each league. You're not really going to be #1 in the world, just put a pseudonym.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Vegetable posted:

These leagues are a goldmine for digging up your real names. Just look at the names of the managers in each league. You're not really going to be #1 in the world, just put a pseudonym.

Some of us play with real life friends who wouldn't know who the gently caress 'Goony Goonson' was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Who cares?

• Locked thread