Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Some of us try to keep our lives separate from our Something Awful activities. Just a cautionary note, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Did you know your computer is broadcasting an IP address??????

Seriously it really doesn't matter. I'd argue it's way more nerdy to put down your ~internet name~ in a field asking for your forename/surname.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

but I want my winner's cheque made out to greazeball dickhole

Psybro posted:

In terms of the teams that have come up, Bellamy seems a steal, but there's people here that paid a lot more attention to the Championship last year than me. Is he still likely to perform?

I would also appreciate a "spot the value" type post from someone familiar with the promoted teams.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Depending on how much you care, Fantasy Football Scout tend to do a decent set of articles prior to each season about the players to keep an eye on each category. So far they've done budget goalies and defenders. Impression I get is that there aren't any great value obvious picks like a Ricky Lambert coming up this time, just possibly some decent players for cheap.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It seems hard this season. Everyone is dead expensive.

Truxton Spangler
Nov 12, 2012
This year's grand strategy: pick all the best midfielders and hope that they do enough to drag the rest of the team to glory!

Mignolet; Nastasic, Dawson, Diakite; Bale, Mata, Hazard, Walcott; Rodriguez, Anelka, Benteke. (Lewis, Turner, Baker, Kacaniklic)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Psybro posted:

In terms of the teams that have come up, Bellamy seems a steal, but there's people here that paid a lot more attention to the Championship last year than me. Is he still likely to perform?

He's probably not going to be doing a full 90 minutes every week but he's still got it imo.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Truxton Spangler posted:

This year's grand strategy: pick all the best midfielders and hope that they do enough to drag the rest of the team to glory!

Mignolet; Nastasic, Dawson, Diakite; Bale, Mata, Hazard, Walcott; Rodriguez, Anelka, Benteke. (Lewis, Turner, Baker, Kacaniklic)

You actually bought Anelka?

Truxton Spangler
Nov 12, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

You actually bought Anelka?

Well, it's not like there are any good forwards available for 5.5m. And if Anelka is motivated this season (unlikely) I'd expect him to score about 10 or so.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Campbell(7 in 12 since joining in jan) and Cornelius(18 in 34 for previous club) at Cardiff aren't bad shouts for 5.5m, though cardiff do have bad fixtures for the first few games. You could do worse than Anelka.

Primpod fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 16, 2013

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

I've never tried this before and don't know what I'm doing.

But I believe in Dzeko and Giroud.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Spiller posted:

I've never tried this before and don't know what I'm doing.

But I believe in Dzeko and Giroud.
Good squad this, gonna steal some of it.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Truxton Spangler posted:

Well, it's not like there are any good forwards available for 5.5m. And if Anelka is motivated this season (unlikely) I'd expect him to score about 10 or so.

Cornelius (5.5) will score 10 goals minimum.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Any bargains from the newly promoted teams I need to look out for?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

FC Bible Pimp aka The Hornys presents:

edit: apparently I only pick players from "top" clubs

rats off to ya fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 17, 2013

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Oh god how do I play this game? I pushed all the buttons. All of them.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
I'm going for the tried and tested Bale and RVP gets all the points.

Watch as RVP and Bale get injured in the first game.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Is there any way to look your results from past years? There's a dispute in my mates' league about who won in 2011/12.

(it was definitely me btw)

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

Hoops posted:

Is there any way to look your results from past years? There's a dispute in my mates' league about who won in 2011/12.

(it was definitely me btw)
"Pick Team" tab > "View Gameweek history" (on the right).

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Why are Chelsea and Villa not in Gameweek 3?

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Baboon Fiesta posted:

Why are Chelsea and Villa not in Gameweek 3?

Because Chelsea will be trouncing Bayern instead that weekend.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

rats off to ya posted:

Because Chelsea will be trouncing Bayern instead that weekend.

Planning ahead for double gameweeks, the scourge of FF.

Here is PROVISIONAL DRAFT #1 OF SOCCERBALL FRANCHISE Moleicester City.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

In again as Broken Metatarsals, planning to win H2H2 for the second year running.

Pasco fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 17, 2013

return0
Apr 11, 2007
Behold, Sleeper Service! I think H2H is full now?

This is Borini's year (until Suarez is back if he stays).

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

return0 posted:

This is Borini's year
nope

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

:siren:TRPH2H2 is full up son!:siren:

Next person make a new 'un.

Also is Reina actually going to get sold? I've got Mignolet in my team, but if he's not first choice I guess I'll go for Begovic.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What's the thread title about?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Here's my team, still new to the whole fantasy soccer/football thing so I hope I have a decent team.
Archer SC

Waiting on the next P2P league.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Introducing Waffle House Utd. My knowledge of football consists entirely of what I've learned from the last world cup and watching a few Barcelona matches. So excited to lose to y'all!!!!

e: oops I just found out Jozy is in the EPL now so obviously that required some changes

giogadi fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 20, 2013

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Any suggestions on keepers? I was going to go with De Gea, but you never know how United might be at the start of the season if Moyes changes a lot. Vorm's probably still a good shout, too. Worried about Begovic now that Hughes has taken over at Stoke. They probably won't be as solid at the back as under Pulis. There's just so many managerial changes. :ohdear:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

All of these players to Big Brendans Boys FC is a Done Deal

e: Since everyone's just saying "Hurf H2H1 is full, I'll wait till someone creates a new one", here's the code for TRP H2H2: 263430-70593

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 20, 2013

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

My sources suggest that Physical Media FC will not be as successful as in previous years

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Get ready for the Chemical Snails :cool:

The league's pretty barren of good, affordable strikers this year. No hurry to get van Persie since at 14m his price isn't going to rise much past that.

Look at big Vito in goal. Do me proud son :cmon:

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Oh poo poo, I was perfectly happy with maximum Wolfswinkel and Ricky Lambert flanking RVPoints, but look what just done happened:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23388592

Fantasy Premier League will shortly feature Kevin Phillips, the Phantom Goalgetter.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

e: Since everyone's just saying "Hurf H2H1 is full, I'll wait till someone creates a new one", here's the code for TRP H2H2: 263430-70593

Not that it really matters but H2H2 is done and full. You just made H2H3.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What kind of idiot prefers head to head anyway, it's that kind of short-term thinking that's left Liverpool where they are today.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Raffles posted:

Not that it really matters but H2H2 is done and full. You just made H2H3.
Whoops! Didn't notice a 2nd one had been created. I've tried to rename it to H2H3 but it doesn't seem to have worked.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
In as Strutting Cocks XI

Taking a bit of a punt on Dzeko actually getting games but my midfield is going to own bones.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

In as The Craven Cottagers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
In as Dinosaucers

• Locked thread