Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Ugh is Vertonghen injured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Ugh is Vertonghen injured?

Yep, for at least one or two games. Bale is also officially not playing against Palace

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fulham has snapped up Darren Bent, so it's a good idea to drop Berbatov. Also Arsenal are legit not going to sign any forwards so Podolski and Giroud, both at 8.5m, might be decent purchases. Chamakh at 5m might not be the worst signing too...

e: You know what, gently caress it.

Vegetable fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 15, 2013

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

:siren: New players added to FPL :siren:

DEF Celustka (SUN) 4.5
Richards (SWA) 4.0
MID Gera (WBA) 5.0
FWD Vydra (WBA) 5.5

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Top Tip: Matej Vydra is an absolute steal at £5.5m

InsanityPrawnBoy
Jan 19, 2006

theres a dog trapped inside your guitar
In as Taribo West Ham

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone know what the deal with Walcott is?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone know what the deal with Walcott is?

The fantasy website is the only place I've seen he's injured, and think he'll play. Half our squad is carrying some sort of knock, and we only have like 15 senior team players.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat
Will Lampard start in either game Chelsea have next week?

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
I'm on mobile right now, so I can't screenshot or anything, but I think I've finalized my squad for this Saturday:

Mignolet
Heitinga - Kompany - Zabaleta - Koscielny
Paulinho - Navas(V) - Kagawa
Lukaku(C) - Soldado - v. Wolfswinkel

Szczesny - de Guzman - Fer - Rangel

This is my first year to try this. I'm putting a lot of faith into new transfers. I'm in H2H4 as Bakers Grove FC.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone know who's likely to take Bale's place in midfield? Chadli?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone know who's likely to take Bale's place in midfield? Chadli?

Chadli - Siggurdson - Lennon behind Soldado with Paulinho and Dembele holding for now. Once Sandro comes back to full fitness we might move to more of a 4-3-3 and push two wingers further up the pitch but I'm not sure which of the front three AVB will drop out yet, but not Chadli I believe

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Can any West Ham itks comment on Collins' likely nailed-on-ness?

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle
The final Sub-par Scots squad is ready for action.

Only one striker, a goalkeeper and a couple of midfielders extra to choose from when injuries hit. Out of defenders already. Can't wait!

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
How much does that team cost?

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

Also in H2H5 as John Terry's Tears.

origami manatee
Oct 21, 2010

I made food
Andre's Skinny Ties look forward to score all the points and also get forgotten after day one just like last year

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
In as Jadax Warriors, think it's a good team?

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle

Esposito posted:

How much does that team cost?

A paltry £75.5m.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

JadaX posted:

Medel and Lugano will probably get booked a lot imo

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Madeleine McCantona back again with no hope of repeating last season's performance. The tinkering is complete. For now. I think. Almost.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

JadaX posted:

Bony is wasted on the bench there, sub him in for Medel

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
the sex ghost, you better be right about Vydel!

Have arrived at this, although it may change before the first kick off.

[edit] gently caress it, is Walcott really injured? Going to swap with Hazard, at least until the double gameweek is out of the way.

Esposito fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 16, 2013

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Wenger said earlier today that Walcott is available for tomorrow.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I was debating bashing Hazard in for Cazorla this week but if the prices changed I'd be nackered.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

euroboy posted:

Medel and Lugano will probably get booked a lot imo

To be honest, I'm considering changing my team up again. RVP will once again be the ManU front-man, and unless he gets injured I expect him to be near the top of the scoring charts again.

Also, I'm not sure about Mata this season - Mourinho likes to play fast counter-attacking football, and Hazard/Schurrle will probably be favoured in the wings.

My Medel/Lugano picks were purely from my FM series experience lol - I don't watch La Liga as much and honestly have no idea how well they will play in the Premier League (though knowing a bit about them, expect them to do ok).

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I've been loving with this all day. At one point I had Michu and Bony, but I bottled it because of their early fixture. Fully expect them to do over United tomorrow now.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Hopefully that will be a very productive midfield. I've avoided Spurs and City for the moment until it becomes clear who is going to be doing the scoring for them. My bench is mostly a big pile of poo poo.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Esposito posted:

the sex ghost, you better be right about Vydel!

Mate he's gonna score hatfuls of goals. He'll be literally filling his hat with goals and then shovelling them in the net. He's quality.

Spiller
Apr 28, 2010

I've put Johnny Howson in my team. Just hope he doesn't go to Madrid now.

Bale getting left out of the team has totally screwed me over though. I guess I will just keep some cash in reserve to transfer him in and gamble that he won't get sold.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Chosen Few

Final, final, final changes made for GW1.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

euroboy posted:

I will probably change around this quite a bit. Gambled on Chamakh on the bench. Holloway said Arsenal were "bleedin' idiots" for selling him to he might know he to get the Makh going again.

I hope your team is called "Return of the Makh".

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

My team is in as "Silence of the Lahms" after an internal dialogue comparing it's cleverness to "Slaughtered Lahms".

Unfortunately, "Hutton dressed as Lahm" was too long.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Here's my squad

the most recent h2h league is full, anyone want to open another?

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 16, 2013

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Team Real Jolson is 4 weeks in the making and READY.

If Bale stays and gets fit I'm playing my wildcard straight away and switching it up completely, naturlich.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

the sex ghost posted:

Mate he's gonna score hatfuls of goals. He'll be literally filling his hat with goals and then shovelling them in the net. He's quality.

20 goals in 40 games for Watford in the Championship last season? Not a bad punt for 5.5. Better one than Anelka I would think. People are ga-ga over him but he's 34 and managed a whopping three goals in China.

Edit: Okay, looks like Anelka's had a hot streak in pre-season. Fair enough.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 16, 2013

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I think Anelka will come out of the blocks flying, before becoming completely anonymous after October.

Howard Webb's Wallet is ready to roll:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

If Olsson is a bust I will hunt you down BSE :argh:

Grondal
Jan 14, 2010
Knew i should have bought Sturridge..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Ratios and Tendency posted:

If Olsson is a bust I will hunt you down BSE :argh:

He's a good lad who'll run a lot and occasionally cost the team a goal by being way too far forward.

• Locked thread