Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:
:siren: Update :siren:

Ep 8: 100% more Waffles! Youtube 12M

:siren:voting:siren:
Where to go next:
Australia
Skatopia

It has been a while since the last vote, please remember to put your vote in bold text!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Australia
Because I remember it as slightly more frustrating than Skatopia

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Uh... the Skatopia Story mode video doesn't have the end of the game, but we've gone into Classic mode now, which you said you would do after Story mode. Is this intentional? Said video ends right before the ending stuff while Zackcat mentions the video ending, seems there may have been an editing mistake?

And I may as well vote while I'm here. Australia.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Uh... the Skatopia Story mode video doesn't have the end of the game, but we've gone into Classic mode now, which you said you would do after Story mode. Is this intentional? Said video ends right before the ending stuff while Zackcat mentions the video ending, seems there may have been an editing mistake?

Besides my video freezing, no mistakes happened.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Oblivion4568238 posted:

And I may as well vote while I'm here. Australia.

He's probably saving it for the end of the LP; the finale is pretty bombastic.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Emissary666 posted:

He's probably saving it for the end of the LP; the finale is pretty bombastic.

More like, Bambastic!
I'm sorry

funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Apparently someone is upset that I interfered with the famed Vifs/Zackcat dynamic.

I think they're upset at how awkward and obnoxious you are, and also how you can barely speak.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

funky not a junkie posted:

I think they're upset at how awkward and obnoxious you are, and also how you can barely speak.

Well also this was posted yesterday.

Not only that, but I noticed I had a bit influx of views on that video from a site called something sensative and found this:
:nws:http://somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=667.msg32430#msg32430:nms:

I don't know why, but everyone hates spiderhyphenman.

Edit: Episode 2b also has more down votes then any other video I have :iiam:

Edit2: Sorry added nws nms!

Vifs fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 30, 2013

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Where was I just linked to and why do I feel the need to bathe my laptop in acid to clean it?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ometeotl posted:

Where was I just linked to and why do I feel the need to bathe my laptop in acid to clean it?
You were linked to somethingsensitive, a place that, aside from their recent ousting of Aatrek as a literal child molester, is nothing but impotent thrashing of people who yearn for the days where you could call people "human being" on SA outside of FYAD.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~

literallyhitler posted:

This is him talking over a video game (he actually identifies as Zackcat, but they just did a joke where they switched names, I've seen enough of these videos to know Zackcat's voice, sadly)

this still cracks me up every time i read it.

also i love you all.

Zackcat fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 31, 2013

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sounds like you've got a stalker, Zackcat!

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It's me.

I am literally literallyhitler.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Zackcat how does it feel that Hitler is a fan of your LP videos.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

It's me.

I am literally literallyhitler.

This made me laugh way more than I should of.

Also please get them votes in by Friday or Saturday!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Oh right, the actual point of the thread. Australia

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Did THUG 1 have that classic mode to it too? Because the story value of this game is somewhere between negative and very negative, I'm actually enjoying the classic videos a little more.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nope, it did not.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That's okay though because THUG 1's story mode was not intolerable.

Ygmir
Jan 27, 2012

Have another friend code 4854 7384 3077

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Zackcat posted:

this still cracks me up every time i read it.

also i love you all.

You know the rules Zackcat, no be unique and interesting on the internet.

What is there to unlock in THUG 2? I remember that there were skins that you could unlock in the first four games (like Spider-Man and Officer Dick) as well as the skate videos that you've talked about for this game. Anything else?

Also: 2122-6040-6823

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Blue Ghost posted:

You know the rules Zackcat, no be unique and interesting on the internet.

What is there to unlock in THUG 2? I remember that there were skins that you could unlock in the first four games (like Spider-Man and Officer Dick) as well as the skate videos that you've talked about for this game. Anything else?

Also: 2122-6040-6823

A whole lot of skaters, a few cool levels, and, if you get all the gaps, a cheat menu. Though the game makes it look like you have a ton of new skaters, they're really all just reskins of your custom character.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

So it is pretty clear that Australia won, so a video will come up sometime this week, maybe.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Emissary666 posted:

A whole lot of skaters, a few cool levels, and, if you get all the gaps, a cheat menu.

That seems a lot better than what I had thought. I thought all you got was abuse yelled at you when you got all of the gaps.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Well, technically you have the cheat menu the whole time, you just have to enter the codes. Getting all gaps unlocks all the codes, and a bunch of cheats that don't have codes to enter.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ok I'm finally getting around to recording, and I'm going to be streaming my practice run

Edit: Ok finished streaming

Vifs fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 18, 2013

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
This game got me into Frank Sinatra. That's all I really have to say about it.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Ep 9: Ghost-boarding Youtube 12M

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I am disappointed we did not have a return of the goals/gulls talk.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I liked skating Australia in free skate.

Also: I did not know about the wall climbing trick.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I liked skating Australia in free skate.

Also: I did not know about the wall climbing trick.

I hated it; about a third of the map is unskatable.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, so Focus. I guess that the main thing I was thinking of isn't in this game, so maybe it's in THAW? (Or was it in THPS4? Or Project 8? I dunno.) All I remember is there's a game that adds Nailed It! goal thingys that I despised, and when they combind it with Focus, it became pure, unadulterated hatered.

Focus mode, in and of itself, isn't so bad I guess, though I came to hate it by extention of the above, but personally, I don't like the way it slows things down. I'm not a great player to begin with, and I feel like I can get more done without it. Normally, I can string together a combo of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, but with Focus, I'll get 1 and 5, and maybe 2, 3, or 4, if I'm lucky.

Emissary666 posted:

I hated it; about a third of the map is unskatable.

I prefer the smaller maps for free skating. Probably because I spent a ton of hours skating in the Hangar from THPS1 when I got a demo disc from... Pizza Hut, I think?, and that was on there.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Warmal posted:

I am disappointed we did not have a return of the goals/gulls talk.

sorry I didn't have the gull to.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Zackcat posted:

sorry I didn't have the gull to.

Because of this, is it too late to get a thread title change to "Hi I'm Vifs and I don't have the gulls"?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm surprised that busting out that glass roof at the end wasn't an objective in its own right.

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

we just recorded another episode!!!!

see you next water time

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Zackcat posted:

see you next water time

I hate you.

Ep 10: That's a Fine Face! Youtube 12M

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

When are you gonna map Zackcat's avatar? (Or am I dumb and forgot that you already did that?)

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I did it. I got the anime references.

Don't ask me if I'm proud about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Personperson
Nov 3, 2012
Hey, cool lp

But yeah, if Zack thinks we should watch that swimming anime we should totally do it. :)

• Locked thread