Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Kloro posted:

Actually, that's a good point. Does completing the full 1000 points in an area (as opposed to hitting the minimum to advance) actually affect anything? Or is it just giving the player some wiggle room?

It unlocks a few skaters and a movie. The unlocks are not worth the effort though, for some people, 100% is it's own reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Vifs posted:

I don't mind getting all the gulls, they aren't too bad, but gently caress getting all the gaps.

I should probably note that I meant 100% in Story Mode/Classic Mode. Completing the gaps is bullshit.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Huh, for some reason I remembered this game being really good. Man this game really is terrible, even the gameplay seems dated and clunky to me after playing the Skate games for so long. I do like some of the levels though, Skatopia probably being my favorite of the bunch. Are you planning to show off classic mode as well? I remember enjoying that quite a bit more than the story.

THUG2 was the last skating game I owned and the gameplay still seems dated and clunky.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Australia
Because I remember it as slightly more frustrating than Skatopia

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Uh... the Skatopia Story mode video doesn't have the end of the game, but we've gone into Classic mode now, which you said you would do after Story mode. Is this intentional? Said video ends right before the ending stuff while Zackcat mentions the video ending, seems there may have been an editing mistake?

And I may as well vote while I'm here. Australia.

He's probably saving it for the end of the LP; the finale is pretty bombastic.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Blue Ghost posted:

You know the rules Zackcat, no be unique and interesting on the internet.

What is there to unlock in THUG 2? I remember that there were skins that you could unlock in the first four games (like Spider-Man and Officer Dick) as well as the skate videos that you've talked about for this game. Anything else?

Also: 2122-6040-6823

A whole lot of skaters, a few cool levels, and, if you get all the gaps, a cheat menu. Though the game makes it look like you have a ton of new skaters, they're really all just reskins of your custom character.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

I liked skating Australia in free skate.

Also: I did not know about the wall climbing trick.

I hated it; about a third of the map is unskatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Airport
It is my favorite level in the whole series.

• Locked thread