Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

DixielandDelight posted:

Yeah McLenan county foh and boh seems to be an annex for the prison. I'm in school though here so I'm stuck here. Everyone and their cousin applies for the same drat positions but I've been in foh and boh for three years now so I'm hoping that puts me ahead of most applicants. Really humbling looking back when I would gripe about making $40 on a Monday night at my other jobs when I just made $22 last night on a Friday night.

I wish I made 40 bucks a night right now. I'm still trying to break even on this thing! It will be a while since it's only been a week and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I just had a server decide to start giving me the silent treatment because I told her she couldn't sit around an have a twenty minute personal conversation with a friend while on the clock. I just, I don't even know. I could deal with any other response, but I thought most people outgrew that particular form of conflict resolution around age six. This is the first time this job has made me want to drink out of sheer confusion.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Silent Treatment is great, you told her to stop talking and she did! Enjoy the silence.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Today I met some new friends! They were the previous cooks, who came by to demand the money from their cheques that bounced!

Hooray!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The eldritch and twisted sceience of modern man has gone too far and finally achieved the impossible: a front-house/room service manager so bubbly and manic and chatty that even the horndog kitchen manager-cum-cum-cum-sous wannabe can't even muster a decent flirt at her.

Now that this abomination in the eyes of God has been accomplished, I kinda wanna clone this chick and spread 500 of her simulacra all over the property. Kitchen productivity would increase 10,000% from one week to the next!

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 14, 2014

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Called in sick today because I could barely get out of bed because of a sudden superflu (which started with an itchy throat) on friday night. I knew it'd get worse, but didn't think I'd get this bad.

Cue my brain giving me a dream of trying to ride to work.

what is wrong with me

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH

Willie Tomg posted:

The eldritch and twisted sceience of modern man has gone too far and finally achieved the impossible: a front-house/room service manager so bubbly and manic and chatty that even the horndog kitchen manager-cum-cum-cum-sous wannabe can't even muster a decent flirt at her.

Now that this abomination in the eyes of God has been accomplished, I kinda wanna clone this chick and spread 500 of her simulacra all over the property. Kitchen productivity would increase 10,000% from one week to the next!

Until any one of these freaky service bots does more than 48 overnights in a two month period near the holidays, realizes they can't have meaningful relationships outside of the business, and begins to show up in shorter and shorter skirts whenever she needs an actual favor from the BoH...then just regular favors...

The inevitable degradation of man by men; isn't that what service is all about?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Vorenus posted:

Anyone who takes ten literal minutes to make a California roll should not be working in a kitchen. Not "It's the middle of dinner on a Friday and the roll came up ten minutes after it rang", but ten actual minutes to make the roll from start to finish.

I wish you could hear my unhinged shrieking laughter from where you are, and get a nice zoom-in shot of my wide, bloodshot eyes.

Try 20-30 minutes, bucko. That's how loving long it takes pantry to make those things most days. We're training lots and LOTS of new people because the old ones keep leaving, and they're all really slow! REALLY SLOW! IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET ANYTHING TO THE TABLE AND THE CUSTOMERS BLAME IT ALL ON ME AND I GET NO TIPS AND AHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHA

EDIT: It occurs to me as I sit here and have a panic attack about going into work in 2 hours that half of this agony comes from the fact that all of the people I liked and helped make the job bearable are gone. TWO managers I love out for surgery, the best chef ever is stuck opening a new place in NYC, and like 4 servers who were just loving awesome people all left to go to better places for work. Plus all the people I used to backwait with are now servers and they're horrible servers mostly, even if they were righteously good backwaiters I bled with in the winter months to grind to where I am now.

Two more months. Someone convince me to go to work tonight because our worst manager is gone on a week vacation, and I only need to be here for at most TWO more months until I transfer to Seattle where the pain will finally become bearable. Please God somebody tell me that's smarter than running screaming into the streets and no-call no-showing for the rest of my life.

Black August fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 14, 2014

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Black August posted:

TWO more months until I transfer to Seattle where the pain will finally become bearable. Please God somebody tell me that's smarter than running screaming into the streets and no-call no-showing for the rest of my life.

Will it though? 2 months is plenty of time to find a new job for better pay/position/a bearable job before you lose your poo poo, outside of forum posts, as a FOH person.

Here's the convince part: Do you need the money? Then go. The end. :c

e: I'm assuming from the sound of your post that you're front of house, so if that's wrong, my bad. I'm a kitchen lifer. :c

Sir Spaniard fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 14, 2014

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Sir Spaniard posted:

Will it though? 2 months is plenty of time to find a new job for better pay/position/a bearable job before you lose your poo poo, outside of forum posts, as a FOH person.

Here's the convince part: Do you need the money? Then go. The end. :c

e: I'm assuming from the sound of your post that you're front of house, so if that's wrong, my bad.

I'm a server, FOH, yeah. I did prep chef at another place once and decided BOH was very much not my thing. I'm sticking with this because I plan to move to Seattle by the end of the year, and I have a great record here, which means I can have a job lined up for me all the way over there by doing a transfer, which would be a huge thing. And again -- this is the worst store in the entire chain. Any other cat in the chain is going to be improved somehow, by having things like competent backwaiters, hostesses over the age of 17, and a kitchen that can make a cali roll in 10 minutes. Plus the people will be better too -- my location is a massive hub for international travel and business, which means we get the worst kind of people coming in, along with an endless flux of tourists.

But yeah. I need the loving money. Even if I only make like $100 on a Friday night with a 11am-10pm nonstop shift.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I can understand BOH being not your thing. It's ..a very weird place. Very direct and physical and straight forward and yet schizophrenic in the sudden ebb and flow of busy times.

I'm from Australia so I don't have it nearly as bad as you guys in the US (omg the pay and horror stories in this thread alone, I've said it before but you guys are nuts and I have the highest respect, I can't say enough) but yeah, if you want to be in FOH stuff and stick to it, find a place you're happy at, don't even wait the 2 months for the transfer. Get out now. Or speed it up. (or confirm the transfer now and then find a temp job until then).

Just, be happy.
Be happy.
That's all that matters.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I miss it. More and more, though, I realize I don't miss it enough to take a $15 an hour paycut.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Black August posted:

Try 20-30 minutes, bucko. That's how loving long it takes pantry to make those things most days. We're training lots and LOTS of new people because the old ones keep leaving, and they're all really slow! REALLY SLOW! IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET ANYTHING TO THE TABLE AND THE CUSTOMERS BLAME IT ALL ON ME AND I GET NO TIPS AND AHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHA
Just to (attempt to) shed some light on this situation for a moment - I was still a pantry cook when they started rolling out the "small bites" poo poo, and I can tell you that, in our store at least, they didn't really consider the logistics of adding 10-15 new items to the pantry menu that all require their own prep, ingredient shelves, and that every motherfucker ever is going to order because the price point is $3-5.

So, not that it should be any of your concern as FoH because BoH should be handling their poo poo, but if the sushi is anything like their previous attempts at menu rollouts: none of that poo poo is ever prepped, the chefs forget to order ingredients half the loving time, and even if it were all prepped there is probably no way for the pantry cook to fit all of it on his station without needing 4 hotel pans of icebaths. We lost half of our pantry cooks to the original happy hour/small bites menu at my store, too, because it was just that loving bad.

For a company with that many stores, staff, and logistics personnel you would think that somebody, somewhere would have said "Let's make sure all of this poo poo fits on the station before we add it to the menu".

e: My favorite part of the last rollout I was there for, which included all of the new lunch bullshit that came with a side of "yuzu infused cucumber and tomato salad" (which, btw: was never prepped, and only contained any amount of yuzu about 10% of the time because nobody ordered it), was that if you actually attempted to prep the salad to spec, you ended up with an extra 6oz out of an 8oz portion. I guess basic loving math is setting the bar too high.

quote:

I miss it. More and more, though, I realize I don't miss it enough to take a $15 an hour paycut.
The more I think about it, I miss the "good" 1-2 hours of each shift, right in the middle, where I didn't need to worry about the prep that wasn't done this morning, or the prep that I'm going to need to do tonight because I'm ~part of the solution~ or whatever.

I got called into work on saturday to make $30 an hour sitting around shooting the poo poo with a vendor technician until his parts came in. If I end up back in restaurants any time soon, it wont be because I want to be there. :)

12 rats tied together fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 15, 2014

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Reiz posted:

Just to (attempt to) shed some light on this situation for a moment -

No please understand you're 110% right. 120% even. This place has no ugly goddamn business selling lovely nasty halfrate sushi that takes forever to make. Especially a restaurant as filthy and vermin-ridden as this. Sushi should stay in a sushi place, not a glorified fast-food fuckup palace like this. It's a massive pain in the rear end, along with anything remotely sushi-like, such as the tatare or the crisps. If it's raw fish, for gently caress's sweet gentle SAKE, keep it to seafood and sushi joints.

Today was bad. Tomorrow will be worse because the bad manager who left on vacation is being replaced by an even WORSE manager who was chased out half a year ago. He has a thing for sexually harassing women servers and acting like King Dick of gently caress Mountain. I'm not lying when I wish something really bad and permanent would happen to this guy, he's a creep and a pervert. I wish someone would spill an entire vat of boiling hot and sour soup down his greasy back.

Morbid Fiesta
Dec 20, 2008

My Serve Safe Certificate expires next month, and I'm currently retaking it. Holy gently caress is this tedious. I am however loving excited about hand washing. Hell yeah :chef:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
why the gently caress are you still working at this place Black August? Leave now.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
How long can bacon be left at room temperature and still be served? I ask because my chef says indefinitely, yet I ate some that was left out in the back of our kitchen for three days and now I can't stop making GBS threads mucus and slime. It really makes the ten hour shifts more fun. So does the older waitress getting super smashed after the shifts and aggressively hitting on me while complaining about her boyfriend.

e: and the stream of disgruntled former employees coming in to demand things. also in retrospect the guy who makes our staff meal doesnt wash his hands with soap after touching raw chicken so maybe that's the source of my malady. why must i constantly be pursued by a vengeful kitchen ghost

Simoom fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 15, 2014

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Simoom posted:

How long can bacon be left at room temperature and still be served? I ask because my chef says indefinitely, yet I ate some that was left out in the back of our kitchen for three days and now I can't stop making GBS threads mucus and slime. It really makes the ten hour shifts more fun. So does the older waitress getting super smashed after the shifts and aggressively hitting on me while complaining about her boyfriend.

e: and the stream of disgruntled former employees coming in to demand things. also in retrospect the guy who makes our staff meal doesnt wash his hands with soap after touching raw chicken so maybe that's the source of my malady. why must i constantly be pursued by a vengeful kitchen ghost

Why the gently caress would you eat a meat product that wasn't dried salami that has been left out of refrigeration for 3 loving days? That's the stupidest poo poo I have ever heard.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That chef was loving with you. Don't eat old unrefrigerated bacon you idiot.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
We were going to serve it and he claims to have some sort of Grandmaster Meat Smoking title and gave me a lesson about like, nitrates or something? I was impressed by the title and assumed he knew his poo poo, though google search reveals that title does not exist. A mean joke to be sure!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Simoom posted:

lol

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
loving sue the poo poo out of that motherfucker. Mucus and slime? You're making GBS threads slime?!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Simoon, let me give you a few more tips
One, if the chef says the grill is cold, don't slam your face down on it.
Two, if the chef says the knifes are too dull to cut through bone, don't cut your finger off.
Three, if chef says left over oil from the deep fryer is safe, don't drink it!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

JawKnee posted:

why the gently caress are you still working at this place Black August? Leave now.

Because I want to move to Seattle and I'm very interested in having a job ready for me there the second I hit the floor, rather than having to look for one and risking not being able to work for months at a time. It's too huge a gamble for such a distance, so I'm willing to swallow bile for a month or two more to secure a good reference and a job over there.

I was a single shift but the perv manager still cut me after 1 hour. I made $9 today. :shepspends:

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!

Black August posted:

Because I want to move to Seattle and I'm very interested in having a job ready for me there the second I hit the floor, rather than having to look for one and risking not being able to work for months at a time. It's too huge a gamble for such a distance, so I'm willing to swallow bile for a month or two more to secure a good reference and a job over there.

I was a single shift but the perv manager still cut me after 1 hour. I made $9 today. :shepspends:

Do you really think that they're going to follow through on that transfer for you? You're better off moving to Seattle right now and sucking dick to pay the bills. It's really not that hard to find work waiting tables.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Lol, if you have service industry experience, you don't need to wait for a job. It won't be good necessarily, but you can find one you dummy. Transfer? What the hell?

Also either you're massively exaggerating or your place should be out of business for health code violations. Doesn't your state require you to have some sort of sanitation training? What the gently caress?

E: lol, references from out of town chain restaurants

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Rockzilla posted:

Do you really think that they're going to follow through on that transfer for you? You're better off moving to Seattle right now and sucking dick to pay the bills. It's really not that hard to find work waiting tables.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Lol, if you have service industry experience, you don't need to wait for a job. It won't be good necessarily, but you can find one you dummy. Transfer? What the hell?

Also either you're massively exaggerating or your place should be out of business for health code violations. Doesn't your state require you to have some sort of sanitation training? What the gently caress?

I'd basically agree with both of these. I'm not sure where you're based now, or what your proximity is to Seattle, but unless you have literally zero savings and cannot afford to move currently, there shouldn't be an issue getting a FOH position within 1-2 weeks. Not to mention, if you're currently working at the worst performing location in your company, do you think that their recommendation will have much sway on anyone?

Figure out a way to make the move work, even if it means chucking your poo poo into storage for a month and couchsurfing until you find a job, and move forward. I almost never recommend jumping into something blind, but you have almost less stability now than you would if you were unemployed.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

Simoon, let me give you a few more tips
One, if the chef says the grill is cold, don't slam your face down on it.
Two, if the chef says the knifes are too dull to cut through bone, don't cut your finger off.
Three, if chef says left over oil from the deep fryer is safe, don't drink it!

always headbutt the grill. Why would someone keep around cooked bacon just to gently caress with me! I guess my life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead!

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Black August posted:

Yeah that poo poo is outrageous. What location are you at, again? Boston? The regional KM we had for Southeast US (probably "Chef Nico") instructed me to throw out an entire hotel pan of those shotglass desert things because the prep cooks let them thaw too much before sliding them into the shotglasses and it made them look "streaky". Like $35 in food cost straight into the trash can because it wasn't pretty enough for him.

It's loving unbelievable even if your store is only half as bad as you say it is. I saw this man pull a sous into the office for a "chat" because one of the wok cooks poured eggs into the egg drop too quickly. He would probably have a loving aneurysm if he showed up at your store.

It was my understanding that Southeast only had like, 6 stores, so I saw Nico fairly often and he kept a pretty tight leash on poo poo. All of the food we served was spec-perfect, and the recipes were genuinely pretty good. We ended up going to a PF Chang's in Thousand Oaks, CA though and it was loving horrible. I particularly enjoyed my girlfriend's cold, flaccid, completely unseasoned grilled asparagus and salmon that stuck to the grill, only for the pantry cook to delicately peel off the offending layer and gently lay it back on the rest of the salmon. I've never been more upset at a restaurant in my life.

If you want to transfer to Myrtle Beach or Raleigh, I know a/some guy(s).

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Morbid Fiesta posted:

My Serve Safe Certificate expires next month, and I'm currently retaking it. Holy gently caress is this tedious. I am however loving excited about hand washing. Hell yeah :chef:

does this require any sort of knowledge beyond having worked in a kitchen and basic common sense? I keep on thinking about taking it on a whim to cheekily hang a certificate in my office (I'm not in the industry any more, do IT work, but man clients need their own set of goddamn serv-safe certificate I swear) - anyways, don't wanna waste time starting to do it and then fail or something dumb.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Simoom posted:

How long can bacon be left at room temperature and still be served? I ask because my chef says indefinitely, yet I ate some that was left out in the back of our kitchen for three days and now I can't stop making GBS threads mucus and slime. It really makes the ten hour shifts more fun.

lolll

oh man. so I've been working with this kid recently, long story not worth telling. I have to drive out with him to a work site like 30 mins away in the blazing 100 degree atlanta sun. he had picked up some supermarket sushi for lunch, and because we were in a time crunch, was eating it in my goddamn car.

we're on site for like 3 hours in the middle of the afternoon - I didn't realize it but he had left his stupid loving kroger sushi in my car. we get back in, the whole thing smells like loving death. I brush it off because he's a new hire and I'm trying to be nice to the kid, we roll down the windows, whatever. We get 5 minutes down the road and he opens up his loving sushi container and starts chomping away at this 4 hour old 120 degree supermarket sushi.

I definitely threw up in my mouth a little but was still trying to be polite and professional, and not just scream bloody murder at the kid. I launch into a long discussion of how bacteria can multiply exponentially on food at certain temperature ranges, and how I won't even eat raw fish if it's been sitting out at room temperature for X amount of time and blah blah and keep getting more and more graphic about the details until he just stops eating and has clearly gotten the message that What He Is Doing Is Very Wrong.

kid didn't show up to work for 2 days afterwards lol he was so goddamn sick. ughhhhhhhh I am getting nauseous just thinking about it all again :( how can someone be so loving stupid

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
SPEAKING OF SERV-SAFE

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

You're kind of an rear end in a top hat for not making him throw that out and stopping to pick up more food.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Shooting Blanks posted:

You're kind of an rear end in a top hat for not making him throw that out and stopping to pick up more food.

I'm kind of not an rear end in a top hat for giving the kid a job and loaning him money for a downpayment on a place to live and regularly buying him meals and all sorts of other poo poo - like I said, long story, not worth going into in a GWS thread. but I can assure you there's no shortage of good will on my end.

some situations require some degree of professional tact - I promise he had already started eating this poo poo before I noticed and it would have been much more insulting if I just kneejerk started yelling at him rather than gently trying to explain why what he was doing was stupid as poo poo and making sure he never ever did it again.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rockzilla posted:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. That sounds like a great plan. I'll abandon any chance of having a job lined up when I move all the way to the other end of the country, and just bank on finding work easily and telling any lined-up roommates I have that I don't have a job but I'll find one, totally, no prob.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Another thanks for the vote of confidence. Also funny you mention that, the health inspector came by two days ago. They're coming back again, reeeaaaaal soon. Also the reference is from here, for going there, and the OP has already told me "Yeah you're great you'll be able to transfer fine" and we've already had plenty of meat transfer to here from across the country.

Reiz posted:

Yeah that poo poo is outrageous.

It is. A genuine thanks to you for the confidence and understanding. It is Boston, yeah, at a certain big tower with too much money an nothing useful in it. We got no Nico, though he sounds like he'd actually keep the kitchen in shape. The one chef we have that does is stuck opening another store. The food often comes out poorly done because we have one major chef who likes to gently caress around and not make stuff because he gets away with it. I once had two tickets on the board during a dead lunch. Lead time? 20 minutes. He just didn't bother to make the food until the (older) OP came about and went ripshit. No idea why he isn't fired, don't care, but the food is often a disaster. Especially when it gets left in the window forever and dries right out.

But no, I'm not exaggerating this. I'm exaggerating my own frustration and anger, but not what's causing it. This all happened as told, from OP walk-outs to sexual harassment to some of the most lazy and sorry staff I've ever had to work with.

Also don't mention the salmon, God, please. It's always a dangerous game where I have to enter the appetizers and THEN the salmon, right away, and pray it all comes out timely since salmon is like a 20 minute ordeal.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

mindphlux posted:

does this require any sort of knowledge beyond having worked in a kitchen and basic common sense? I keep on thinking about taking it on a whim to cheekily hang a certificate in my office (I'm not in the industry any more, do IT work, but man clients need their own set of goddamn serv-safe certificate I swear) - anyways, don't wanna waste time starting to do it and then fail or something dumb.

No, it's easy as gently caress. It's basically a 6-hour death-by-powerpoint with quizzes. You can get two levels: "food handler" which is a two hour course that teaches fast food workers how not to kill themselves and others or "food safety manager" which entails some actual knowledge about pathogens and is kind of a useful thing to have in your pocket if you're around production kitchens at all.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mindphlux posted:

If you can stay awake through it and not gently caress up writing your name on the quiz, you can get ServSafe. It's basically 'Can you not give -every- customer the hep? Lolthanks.'

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

mindphlux posted:

Nah, shits mad easy. In CA there's the food handler license or the managers cert, which means you can oversee an entire food production facility.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Black August posted:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. That sounds like a great plan. I'll abandon any chance of having a job lined up when I move all the way to the other end of the country, and just bank on finding work easily and telling any lined-up roommates I have that I don't have a job but I'll find one, totally, no prob.

Another thanks for the vote of confidence. Also funny you mention that, the health inspector came by two days ago. They're coming back again, reeeaaaaal soon. Also the reference is from here, for going there, and the OP has already told me "Yeah you're great you'll be able to transfer fine" and we've already had plenty of meat transfer to here from across the country.

It is. A genuine thanks to you for the confidence and understanding. It is Boston, yeah, at a certain big tower with too much money an nothing useful in it. We got no Nico, though he sounds like he'd actually keep the kitchen in shape. The one chef we have that does is stuck opening another store. The food often comes out poorly done because we have one major chef who likes to gently caress around and not make stuff because he gets away with it. I once had two tickets on the board during a dead lunch. Lead time? 20 minutes. He just didn't bother to make the food until the (older) OP came about and went ripshit. No idea why he isn't fired, don't care, but the food is often a disaster. Especially when it gets left in the window forever and dries right out.

But no, I'm not exaggerating this. I'm exaggerating my own frustration and anger, but not what's causing it. This all happened as told, from OP walk-outs to sexual harassment to some of the most lazy and sorry staff I've ever had to work with.

Also don't mention the salmon, God, please. It's always a dangerous game where I have to enter the appetizers and THEN the salmon, right away, and pray it all comes out timely since salmon is like a 20 minute ordeal.

...why do you want to move to Seattle and work in a lovely chain restaurant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

...why do you want to move to Seattle and work in a lovely chain restaurant?

I've lived in Massachusetts for a majority of my life. I want to leave my family and life here behind and get around the world while I still got the legs to do it. Seattle has the weather I want, a better minimum wage, and I know people out there. I don't plan to work at the restaurant chain forever, I plan to use it as a landing pad so I can hit the ground running and make time to find better work. Besides, the chain is decent in a lot of locations, this one is just particularly odious. Seattle's might be leagues better and more profitable, but it can't be worse than this one.

• Locked thread