Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
The tenderloin is hardly the worst part of town. You'll be fine.

I know we've had this conversation a few times, but its new shoes time so anybody have recommendations for good waiter shoes? Non-slip, comfy, 'leather', nice enough to wear for the occasional catering 'formal' event.
Seen those shoes for crews, they seem nice enough and pretty cheap. Anybody have experience with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
My danskos are over a year old now and I wear them almost every day still, even though I quit my restaurant job a couple weeks ago.
I wear them when its raining, or when I'm mountain biking, working, camping, whatever. They're pretty ugly but they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I accidentally got them a half size too big (they stretched) but I'm not sure they're ever gonna wear out. Maybe I'll buy another pair in a smaller size one day. I really like those shoes.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Thing is, Wrought? Most states don't mandate breaks. At all, and neither do the Feds. In fact, only 8 states do mandate breaks.

The only federal standard is that employers have to pay for any breaks less than 20 minutes, and can only declare an unpaid lunch break if it is both longer than 20 minutes and the employee is relieved of all job duties while on it.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Totally legal for, say, my old bar to run me 4am-10pm without a break.

That link is so hosed up. Growing up and living in California, and working for years in food service, I literally had no idea that that was a thing. Labor laws are so lovely in this country.

• Locked thread