Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Just got to work. Two out of three fryers are out of commission. :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Finally moved to day shift after 6 months. I am so happy. :)

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Well, that was a fun day. Sold about 60 pounds of our fish in the first 8 hours and then another 200 pounds 5 hours after that. Probably would have sold another 30 if we hadn't run out.

zerocrash fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 8, 2014

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Man, and I thought the lazy douchebag I work for was bad.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
So my boss asked me today if any overtime I did would be okay under the table. (To which I said no and he said "well Ill just have to send you home at 40 hours.") I can't think of why they would want to do this other than for the ability to arbitrarily decide to pay me less. Is this normal? I already know it's not legal.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Crazy Larry posted:

While it's certainly illegal, the place I worked at that did overtime like this was the only place that I ever actually got any decent amount of overtime, and in fact could generally work as many hours as I wanted.

I would actually be cool with this except it would probably never happen for me where I'm at. I just got a raise after working there for a over a year and I'm still only making $8. The only reason I've stuck around so long is it's convenient for someone without their own transportation. It's three miles away from my home in rural western pa. I'll bring it up though and see what he says. It was actually a question by proxy from his mom who actually signs the paychecks.

e; Just to point it out, I only get an hour or two of overtime which is why I'm kind of more surprised by this and that's if I'm lucky. I'm basically the fall guy who is willing to work as often as allowed. It just seems really dumb to want to go to this measure over an hour of overtime.

zerocrash fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 19, 2014

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
Heh, surprise health inspector visit in the middle of our busy lunch while the two of us here are in the middle of doing prep.

zerocrash fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 23, 2014

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009
This has been a pretty slow week compared to the rest of the month and it's only half through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Verisimilidude posted:

How do you keep from burning out? I've been working 5 days a week, the last two days (Saturday's and Sunday's) are doubles/clopens. I work nights every day, and my mornings/afternoons are generally boring and depressing as I just run errands and have little human interaction since everyone I know is working. I'm starting to feel the burn. I'm becoming more apathetic and agitated at work every day. I'm already looking for different work, preferably somewhere less evening oriented, but how can I keep myself from burning out while I'm stuck here?

Edit: I also asked about the possibility of working my way into a day shift over the next few months/year, but the owner told me it's basically impossible, so I'm already about as high up on the ladder as I can be.

This was literally me 5 months ago except it was 6 days instead of 5. I found another non-cooking job that pays better. I suggest a hobby that can keep your mind off work for your off time until you can get to a better place. For me it's video games, but it could be anything as long as you can focus on it.

zerocrash fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 3, 2016

• Locked thread