Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

How does being a dietitian connect to the catering industry, rather than dietetics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

Encourage the rich to eat themselves.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

Turkeybone posted:

What's wrong with you fucks, have you all gone soft in my absence? How can you possibly spend 12 hours a day cooking for 10 people unless it's ultra ridic bullshit every day. You know it's probably hubby/wife and some bratty loving kids, and live in whoevers. Also realize that you're probably getting decent digs, in manhattan, so we're talking 1500-2500 a month in free room, throw in free utils too Im sure, as well as eating whatever the gently caress you want, so yeah with two chefs you're getting 80k to spend on blow and whatever on your time off.

You don't get that though, because you need to be ready to work/cater for large groups at no notice 24/7. Which presumably means never being drunk or going anywhere.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

How the hell can you sell 12 muffins a day and still be in business?

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

I think she got a James Beard nomination not that long ago?

Maui seems like a pretty perfect place. Do it!

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

How the gently caress can you have a non-compete for food service?

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

Biomute posted:

If you want your beef to taste of game, why not just get some game? Dry Aged Prime Rib is such a gimmick.

gently caress that, aging beef is not a gimmick.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

Beetroot is nicer if you don't peel it.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

If I eat more than a tiny amount of fat, I will be in horrific amounts of pain for about fourteen hours within a short time. I used to love eating out, but stopped for obvious reasons. I had kind of talked myself around that I could still do it by calling and ordering a day or two in advance or whatever and still be an acceptable human, but I guess I should give up on it. Oh well. It'll save me money.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

Tuna, cod, skinless chicken breasts (thighs went badly), <5% ground beef, venison sometimes. Whey protein with skimmed milk or water, carbs, fruit and veg. It's not so bad but obviously you really miss a lot of things. Pork, curry with ghee, really good blue cheese, and smoked oily fish, mostly!

Take a moment to thank your biliary system for not committing suicide- I don't think I praised mine enough.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

That might help it, yeah, although I expect to have to wait for a year or so. For no apparent reason it just suicided and became a lump of scar tissue, which hits the liver and pancreas and means the bile duct gets blocked and backfires if the system is engaged much. Apparently that happens in healthy young males sometimes!

Anyway, utterly off topic. I guess I'm just conflicted as to whether it's appropriate to still try to eat out. It's kind of a dick move to make someone else responsible for the macronutrients in my food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010

Naelyan posted:

That's a health issue and by the tone of your posting I really doubt that you would be a dick about it in person either... call ahead during a slow part of a day (ie not noon or 6pm) and ask if a chef would be willing to have a quick talk with you about an allergy that you have, anyone should be happy to help you figure out a way they can get you fed without destroying your body. Anyone that won't, doesn't deserve your money. Cooking for someone like you, that has special circumstances and will actually appreciate us going out of your way to make your dining experience happen, is one of those "this is why we love to be chefs" things.

That's incredibly reassuring. Thank you.

• Locked thread