Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

"Teacher,which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" She replied, "Clean your stove with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." :chef:
Sup all. I'm back in the business. (Major chain pizza delivery, franchise store, rhymes with All The Hoes, assistant manager, used to drive so I know both sides.)

The stores aren't too bad, everyone else inside likes to whine like a bitch but seriously, its a pizza shop, there's a huge loving oven in the middle of the store, its only like 80 degrees. Drink some water and take a break in the walk-in.

One thing I really like about this frannie is how he lets us handle complaints. Someone complains, we apologize and remake and let them keep the pizza and send something free along with it. I don't have to act like a loving interrogator, I cater to the 99% who aren't trying to scam free food, and if there's a scammy motherfucker I keep notes in their file and send it to the DM so he can do the "sorry, we aren't able to meet your expectations, no hard feelings, go away" shtick.

Although I do work with a godawful idiot of another AM and a bubblehead loser of an insider, at least the other inside crew is cool.

Also, given up on alcohol for a while. :420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

"Teacher,which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" She replied, "Clean your stove with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." :chef:

Willie Tomg posted:

At my last job the owner insisted on an open door to the outside next to the kitchen entrance because why not? The lack of fans and airflow in the space does not make the kitchen any cooler while simultaneously allowing flies and other insects into our area where we're prepping and serving raw seafood. It's a win win!

Ahhahahahahah :suicide:

My aforementioned idiot of a co-assistant manager decided to lodge the front door open one day "to cool the store down."

No, there was no screen door. Or other way for air to escape. Yes, bugs were getting in. To top it off, it was just as hot, and more humid, outside than in.

And then she got pissy at ME for pulling rank on her as MOD and shutting the door.

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

So my old head chef called my new place looking for me and to badmouth me to my new boss. Some one posted an ad on craigslist to not work at my old place because the owner/chef will gently caress with your hours and credit card tip amounts and a bunch of other stuff. He thought it was me even though the thing was mostly about FOH stuff. He called her to warn her that I would make up things on the internet if I didn't get my way. He then asked my boss a bunch of personal questions about me and then about her and her business. In summation, my old boss has gone completely insane.

Incredibly loving illegal iirc. Not a lawyer, but consider consulting one.

So this morning, blessedly slow as it is, my first call is from someone in my city but in the area of the other store (same franchise) asking if its still open because no one is answering the phones.

Okay, call up the GM. Voicemail. Call up the AM. He tells me the new guy is there, he wasn't given a key, and no one can get their rear end over with a key. Joy. Lucky I have a key and a driver to courier it over.

Competence, Motherfuckers, Do You Have It?

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

Wroughtirony posted:

ME GUSTA GASOLIIIIIIIIINA!!!!!

This. Something about how every song has the exact same rhythmic underpinnings makes it both relaxing and energizing to me.

Also random tribal mixed with Yoshida Brothers.

Go with Christ
Jan 14, 2006

:psyduck:

gently caress the second store I cover at. gently caress it.

Just called the DM and told him to get my opening shift tomorrow covered because I'm not walking into a store with dishes undone and crusty, garbage not taken out, opening driver a call out that the GM couldn't be arsed to tell me about, the GM himself coming in and who is leaving on Sunday telling me I shouldn't be so upright and to "have a few drinks before coming to work."

Can't even write straight I'm so pissed off at this poo poo. If I ever left a place in this condition I'd be crucified and rightly so.

Anyone in Boston and need any help in BoH I have ServSafe and AllergenAwareness and not much experience but a whoooole lot of hustle and drive.

Go with Christ fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 1, 2013

• Locked thread