Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
sorry about the long silence. Is everyone still in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Yeah, I'm still good to go

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Still here.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
It's not long (hah sorry) after that you come in sight of a floating island. It's not particularly large, and it's not entirely unfamiliar--it looks strikingly similar to the cottage you spent your last dream visiting. Where that cottage was largely kept by an old groundskeeper, though, you see a young man in a suit standing waiting for you at the airship dock.

A familiar man. A man each of you has seen before, in your first dream when you arrived at the Institute.

"Permission to dock?" Sally cries across the gap to the island.

"Granted!" comes the answer from the suited man.

"Holy poo poo, are we about to get some loving answers?" Drew asks, leaning over the side to get a closer look.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Tycho

Tycho hung back as the airship came into land. It had been easy to forget about the very real problems looming before them during the flight. If Drew was right and answers were forthcoming, that was good, but it also meant this pleasant interlude was at an end.

She gave a quick look around, trying to get a headcount. This was not a good time to have anybody vanishing on them.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
In light of the way the game has been limping along for months, and the fact that suddenly a dystopian future isn't quite so funny, I'm terminating Oneiros.

I'd like to thank everyone for being so patient and sticking with it, those who did, anyway.

The brief version of what was going on:

William Graves Jr., age 12, goes into a coma. His father, William Graves Sr., founds the Oneiros Institute to try and establish a way to speak to his son.
The government contributes funding and provides subjects on the grounds that they may get some form of usable weapon or "magic" out of it, which seems to be borne out by the changes that happened to our PCs and NPCs. Thus the agents leaving.
The head researchers, Kostas and LeJeune, aim to create a Dream Gate, a tear in reality where they can establish first a safe means of entering the lucid dream world and subsequently return to the waking world with full access to the dreaming powers. Most of the remainder of the staff of the Institute is unaware of this.
The mysterious emails were largely between those two.
The critical mass they needed had been reached, but they hadn't ensured yet that it was completely safe.
The mystery man in the dreams was Billy Graves Jr., who--because time is so different in dreams--had no idea he was still 12 in the real world, having subjectively experienced years, and perceived himself as an adult. This is why the sanctuary island had so many toys and comics and things, incidentally. He was trying to keep everyone safe.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Thanks for the game, Molly. I appreciate having been along for the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I said it on IRC, but thanks for the game Molly. I might have been a bit flakey towards the end, but I genuinely had a lot of fun with this game and was curious to see what was going to happen and where things led.

• Locked thread