Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It took me a moment to realize this was the end of the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Let's Read Xanth: The scenes with the horseman got way too rapey.

Having read every single book you've covered in this thread as a kid, and then stopping at almost this exact point, I can say that, early on in the thread, I was like "Huh, I thought the later books were the much shittier ones. Guess I was wrong."

...I wasn't wrong.

And you know what? gently caress, I even hate the lovely-rear end, thrown together lack-of-plots MORE than the skeevy women comments, or the weird casual kids-starin'-at-titties. That can be excused by idiocy and incompetence. But I can't believe that a writer with experience, working hard to write a well-plotted novel now matter HOW creepy he makes it, could end up with the events that occurred in, say. Faun and Games.

It's all just terrible, is what I'm saying.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

John Lee posted:

And you know what? gently caress, I even hate the lovely-rear end, thrown together lack-of-plots MORE than the skeevy women comments, or the weird casual kids-starin'-at-titties. That can be excused by idiocy and incompetence. But I can't believe that a writer with experience, working hard to write a well-plotted novel now matter HOW creepy he makes it, could end up with the events that occurred in, say. Faun and Games.

Events is kind of a strong word. That would imply more than gently caress-all happened.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I read the earlier half of this series when I was 12-14 years old and enjoyed them, thanks for reminding me that childhood is weird when you look back on it as a 28 year old.

BogMod
Jun 21, 2014
drat I haven't thought about these books in yeaaaaars. I offer you a salute Mors Rattus for going back into these. Had to find one of them left at the parents place after I had moved out. In hindsight yeah...I can see how young me was quite curious to read these books. Looking at them with adult eyes some of it...well then I went to look at the author more. He has some interesting ideas.

• Locked thread