Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Welcome to this thread, please put on your plastic muffler and cap (or not you cheapskate).

Here we discuss, shitpost or plain poo poo about/on teams from the German Bundesliga (2.Bundesliga and lower optional).
Talk about football, not genital warts you picked up from whores during your stay in Germany (or elsewhere really).

What is the Bundesliga?

It's Germany's topflight in professional football, with 18 teams competing for the championship and European starting spots. Though realistically 8 of those teams will struggle for survival in the vain hope of not placing 16th and lower, the relegation (and play-off) spots, potentially leading to a grim future.

Germany's unified league system developed quite late when compared to England, Spain or Italy, as the Bundesliga was created in 1962 (after a German loss in the WC quarterfinals) and competition starting in 1963/64, with the time during the World Wars being mostly a southern Germany affair.

The Bundesliga is currently the third best football league in Europe and boasts the highest average attendance on the continent (about 41.000).

So who is playing in this Bundesliga of yours?

Fußball-Club Bayern München e. V.
(aka FCB, Bayern, Dusel-Bayern)

Founded: 1900
Official colours: red and white
Home ground: Allianz Arena (71,901)
Biggest rival: All of them except Bochum
Current Manager: Josep „Pep“ Guardiola i Sala
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1932, 1969, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1980, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013
German Cup: 1957, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1971, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013
International titles:
Champion's League: 1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013
Cup Winner's Cup: 1967
UEFA-Cup: 1996

Having won the league by late April and finishing it with only one loss and 25 points ahead of second placed Dortmund, experts (shitlords like me and all the other goony posters) expect the lead to be slightly less this season, what with Guardiola at the helm and his vision of football not yet in the heads of the squad (Stoppe! No dribbling). Done a historical triple of domestic league, cup and attaining the ranks of CL-winner 2013. :feelsgood:

Götze plays here now. Thiago too.

Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e. V. Dortmund
(aka Borussia Dortmund, BVB)

Founded: 1909
Official colours: yellow and black
Home ground: Signal Iduna Park (80,720)
Biggest rival: FC Schalke 04
Current Manager: Jürgen Klopp
Domestic titles:
Champions: 1956, 1957, 1963, 1995, 1996, 2002, 2011, 2012
German Cup: 1965, 1989, 2012
International titles:
Champions League: 1997
Cup Winners Cup: 1966

The dethroned domestic champions had a good run in the Champions League, destroying Real Madrid in the process (bonus points for that), but Bayern proved too much for the club last season, having their RECORD-BREAKING 81 points from 11/12 pulverized on top. Also lost their biggest talent to the good old release clause, reinvesting the money into Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF1w2myKnn8).

Bayer 04 Leverkusen Fußball GmbH
(aka Bayer, Werkself, Vizekusen)

Founded: 1904
Official colours: red and black
Home ground: BayArena (30,210)
Biggest rival: 1. FC Köln
Current Manager: Sami Hyypiä
Domestic titles:
German Cup: 1993
International titles:
UEFA-Cup: 1988

After last seasons "Tale of Two Managers" with both Sami Hyypiä and Sascha Lewandoski at the helm due to Hyypiä not having a coaching license yet, this season sees him as the singular manager of the team, with Lewandowski going back to the youth division he originated from. Almost unnoticed by rest of the Bundesliga, Leverkusen did extremely well considering their experimental management structure and came in 3rd, a single point behind Dortmund and thus qualified for the Champions League.

The season was not without successes either, with Stefan Kießling winning the "Torjägerkanone" for scoring 25 goals and Leverkusen being the only domestic team to defeat the almighty Bayern. :fap: That win ended a 20+ year losing streak in Munich for the team, too. After losing André Schürrle to Chelsea and Daniel Carvajal to Real Madrid, Leverkusen has to fill some serious gaps in their starting 11 and chose to do so with the usual measures: buying poo poo players no one knows "Perspektivspieler" on the cheap.

FC Gelsenkirchen-Schalke 04 e.V
(aka Schalke 04, S04, „Die Knappen“, “4-Minuten-Meister”)

Official colours: blue and white
Home ground: Veltins-Arena (61,673)
Biggest rival: Borussia Dortmund
Current Manager: Jens Keller
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1934, 1935, 1937, 1939, 1940, 1942, 1958
German Cup: 1937, 1972, 2001, 2002, 2011
International titles:
UEFA-Cup: 1997
UI-Cup: 2009, 2004

Had a great run in both league and CL placing second in November, only to fall in a valley of bad form after the win at Dortmund. Salvaged fourth place with a decider on the last matchday.

Sport-Club Freiburg
(aka Breisgau Brasilianer)

Home ground: Badenova-Stadion (24,000)
Biggest rival: VfB Stuttgart
Current Manager: Christian Streich

Freiburg is a rather small club from the southwest of Germany, mostly known for their student-club image and the 16-year-reign of former manager Volker Finke, with whom the club had its biggest success, finishing 3rd in the season 1994/95. They played the UEFA cup in the following year and once again in 2001. After relegation in 2005, they played in the 2nd league until 2009.

Directly qualified for the EL group this season, I'm not sure what to expect from a side that has lost several of its key players.

Eintracht Frankfurt e. V.
(aka Die Adler, SGE, Schlappekicker, Launische Diva)

Founded: 1899
Official colours: Red, black and white
Home ground: Commerzbank-Arena (51.500)
Biggest rival: Kickers Offenbach
Current Manager: Armin Veh
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1959
German Cup: 1974, 1975, 1981, 1988
International titles:
Cup Winners' Cup: 1980

Back in business and straight to EL-play-offs, quite a jump from freshly promoting. The glorious European past might fool some fans, but it's not certain Veh will still manage the club until the end of season.

Hamburger Sport-Verein e.V.
(aka HSV, Rothosen)

Founded: 1887
Official colours: blue, white and black
Home ground: Imtech Arena (57,000)
Biggest rival: St. Pauli, Werder Bremen
Current Manager: Thorsten Fink
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1923, 1928, 1960, 1979, 1982, 1983
German Cup: 1963, 1976, 1987
International titles:
European Cup: 1983
Cup Winners' Cup: 1977

The last of the founding members of the Bundesliga that has never been relegated (and never got relegated from the highest tier of football even before that), the HSV enjoyed its most successful spell in the late 70s and early 80s with legends like Felix Magath and Kevin Keegan playing in the red shorts that gave the team its nickname. In the nineties, they had more than one brush with relegation, but managed to outlast the other founding members that finally went down during that time (Köln, Kaiserslautern, Frankfurt). Since building a new stadium, they had a good spell, regularly qualifying for Europe and seemingly building a top team slowly, but steadily.
Things came to a halt in the past two years, though, as it became apparent that they had more a collection of players than a real team, going along with constant power struggles on the board and in management. With Fink and Arnesen at the helm, they now start anew. They have been weeding out and shipping off the likes of van Nistelrooy, Zé Roberto and Trochowski and brought in mostly young players, including no less than four players from Chelsea and their reserves.
Bounced back from 15th and were not far away from securing an European competition spot.

Borussia Verein für Leibesübungen 1900 Mönchengladbach e. V.
(aka Borussia Mönchengladbach or "Die Fohlen")

Official colours: black, white and red
Home ground: Stadion im Borussia-Park (54,067)
Biggest rival: 1. FC Köln
Current Manager: Lucien Favre
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1970, 1971, 1975, 1976, 1977
German Cup: 1960, 1973, 1995
International titles:
UEFA-Cup: 1975, 1979

If you think of Borussia Mönchengladbach, you think of the glorious spell they had in the time between 1970 and 1980. In this era, they dominated the league, winning all of their five championships and also won the German cup once. During this spell they also won the UEFA-Cup twice, showing that they were a force to be reckoned with in Europe. They even reached the Champions League final in 1977, but lost 1-3 to Liverpool in Rome. Since then, the club has dwindled in importance because of the old stadion was a financial bottleneck until 2004.

Hannoverscher Sportverein von 1896 e. V.
(aka Hannover 96, Die 96er, Die Roten)

Founded: 1896
Official colours: black, white and green
Home ground: AWD-Arena (49,000)
Biggest rival: Werder Bremen
Current Manager: Mirko Slomka
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1938, 1954
German Cup: 1992
International titles:
UI Cup: 1967, 1972, 1973

Trains, Robert Enke, wreck. Didn't qualify for EL this time around because of literal schedule congestion due to 400 qualifier matches tiring the squad and lots of injuries.

Mame Diouf will continue to break the league.

1. FC Nürnberg Verein für Leibesübungen e. V.
(aka FCN, Der Glubb)

Home ground: easyCredit-Stadion (48,553)
Biggest rival: SpVgg Greuther Fürth, Bayern München
Current Manager: Michael Wiesinger & Armin Reutershahn
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1920, 1921, 1924, 1925, 1927, 1936, 1948, 1961, 1968
German Cup: 1935, 1939, 1962, 2007
International titles:
none; Semi-final in the European Cup 61/62 and quarterfinal in the Cup Winners' Cup 62/63

A record-setting side with the most championships behind Bayern, but more recently a record 7 relegations from the Bundesliga, paired with a record 7 promotions to the Bundesliga and the only club to get relegated as both defending champion (1969) and reigning cup winner (2008). Since the last relegation, the team has been rebuilt around young players and so far managed not only to stay up, but also finished in a secure 10th place.

During the break, they defensive cornerstones, putting the defensive stability - one of the team's strengths in recent years - in jeopardy. On the other end of the pitch it remains to be seen whether the newly signed strikers (or Tomas Pekhart) can finally deliver a better output than in previous years. All in all, the only rational ambition should be staying up, extending their longest spell in the top flight since 1994 for yet another year.

Verein für Leibesübungen Wolfsburg Fußball GmbH
(aka VfL Wolfsburg, “Die Wölfe”)

Founded: 2001 (1945)
Official colours: green and white
Home ground: Volkswagen Arena (30,000)
Biggest rival: The plastic fans really don’t care
Current Manager: Dieter Hecking
Domestic titles:
Championship: 2009

MagathHecking got 39 players in his first team squad and nobody cares about any of them.

Verein für Bewegungsspiele Stuttgart 1893 e. V.
(aka VfB)

Founded: 1893
Official colours: white and red
Home ground: Mercedes-Benz Arena (41,000+ during the ongoing remodeling, 60,300 once finished)
Biggest rival:
Current Manager: Bruno Labbadia
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1950, 1952, 1984, 1992, 2007
German Cup: 1954, 1958, 1997

Pretending to play football, the clubs foundation was a lost pub bet in which a drunk Swabian idiot confused 'footing the bill' with kicking the crap out of his neighbors, the Hitlers (and look what that got us). Here we are 119 years after the fact and the club still has not learned what the beautiful game of football entails.
Stuttgart, again, was really loving inconsistent last year, constantly switching between phases of title-contending-performances and utter dogshit.
They also succeeded in selling all their talented young players. Again.

Mohammed Abdellaoue will continue to break the league.

1. Fußball- und Sportverein Mainz 05 e.V.
(aka Mainz 05, Karnevalsverein)

Founded: 1905
Home ground: Coface Arena (34,034)
Biggest rival:
Current Manager: Thomas Tuchel

Infamous for: finishing 4th two times in a row in the 2nd league, before finally making it into the Bundesliga in 2004 under the current Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp. After relegation in 2007 and yet another 4th place in 2008, they're back in the Bundesliga since 2009. Last year was the most successful season in the clubs history, resulting in an upcoming Euro-League qualifying game against Romanian powerhouse (lol) Gaz Metan Medias. They moved into their new stadium during the summer, leaving their long-time carnival stronghold "Am Bruchweg".

Sport-Verein Werder von 1899 e. V. Bremen
(aka Werder Bremen, Werder, “Die Fischköppe”)

Official colours: green and white
Home ground: Weserstadion (43,789)
Biggest rival: Hamburger SV
Current Manager: Robin Dutt
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1965, 1988, 1993, 2004
German Cup: 1961, 1991, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009
International titles:
UI-Cup: 1998
Cup Winners’ Cup: 1992

Werder Bremen. Amazing to watch as a neutral, atrocious to be a supporter. Famous for leading with three goals, then bottling it hilariously and vice versa. Remember the 4-4 against Valencia last year? Yeah that’s Bremen in a nutshell.

But oh how the mighty have fallen. Not having qualified for international football in the last three years and thus missing a lot of money, Bremen had to sell off every single player that was any good in the last twelve months and their current squad is only just resembling Bundesliga quality. They brought in some good loans with de Bruyne and Petersen, but I expect them not to do very well this season. See Hamburg after their rebuilding last season.

Thomas Schaaf, the manager with the longest tenure in the Bundesliga, had his goodbye last season with Werder narrowly escaping the clutches of relegation.

Fußball-Club Augsburg 1907 e. V.
(aka FC Augsburg, FCA)

Founded: 1907
Official colours: red, green and white
Home ground: SGL arena (30,660)
Biggest rival: TSV 1860 München
Current Manager: Markus Weinzierl

In the year 2000, Walter Seinsch took over the club and completely restructured it. Since then, the club has slowly but steadily risen from the 4th division to the 1st division, where they are now some sort of wild card. The squad itself is very mediocre, with some gems in it. But the experience of constantly playing with a very similar squad over the last years has welded the players together and so they survived last season and stayed up.

Were dead last until the last couple of matchdays but really fought their way out of the relegation zone. I did a tiny fistpunch upon hearing the club saved itself again. My personal choice of The Underdog.

Turn- und Sportgemeinschaft 1899 Hoffenheim e. V.
(aka TSG, Hoffe, 18,99, Hoppenheim)

Home ground: Rhein-Neckar-Arena (30,150)
Biggest rival: real fans, maybe VfB Stuttgart to a certain extent
Current Manager: Markus Gisdol

In his youth, Dietmar Hopp played football for TSG Hoffenheim and 27 years later, he decided to give something back and help the small town club. In between, Hopp had founded SAP, a multi-billion euro enterprise, and had become a billionaire himself. He pumped considerable amounts into the club, including training center and a new stadium. And of course a lot of players, although Hopp and Hoffenheim have avoided really big transfers.

Lots of disciplinary and professional trouble in the squad combined with a lack of passion for the club led to an early exit for Babbel, a very Kurz stint (it is a pun) and Gisdol from youth development picking up the pieces to salvage Hoffenheims Bundesliga stay with surprisingly good football against the shitkickers from Kaiserslautern in the relegation play-offs.

Wiese and Derdiyok had terrible seasons and might be looking for a way out (good luck with that, ha!).

Hertha BSC Berlin
Founded: 1892
Home ground: Olympiastadion Berlin (74,244)
Biggest rival: Need to amend this
Current Manager: Jos Luhukay
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1930, 1931

The boys are back yet again, this time with a good manager (Luhukay is a bit underrated imo) who also kept up Augsburg the season before.

Eintracht Braunschweig
Founded: 1895
Official colours: blue and yellow
Home ground: Eintracht Stadion (25,540)
Biggest rival: Need to amend this
Current Manager: Torsten Lieberknecht
Domestic titles:
Championship: 1967

One of the traditional Bundesliga outfits (and founder) makes its reappearance after 25 years of lower division hopping. I only remember Breitner playing there and Jägermeister sponsor kits.

Addendum:

Dunban got Managerliga rolling, look here for information (need to register).
Now discuss!

Contributors: Healbot, Katana Gomai, MuLepton, frankenfreak, Mandalay, WHAT A BREAKFAST and ephex

Healbot fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Reminder that the 2nd Bundesliga starts today y'all.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Ground floor. You missed the "2013/14" bit in the title but I don't think it matters much. Also you didn't copy the BB code from my Leverkusen bit (just quote my original post, it'll show up) so it's missing some formating.

So, are we going to do a manager game this season?

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 19, 2013

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Tarik Elyounussi will break the league with Hoffenheim.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
New season here we go!

Wonder if Köln fans are going to celebrate their first away match with a bunch of Pyro in Dresden? ;)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Katana Gomai posted:

Ground floor. You missed the "2013/14" bit in the title but I don't think it matters much. Also you didn't copy the BB code from my Leverkusen bit (just quote my original post, it'll show up) so it's missing some formating.

So, are we going to do a manager game this season?

Look at you being all wrong. :smug: (Thanks Finn)

And yes, I'd be in for a game.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

elbkaida posted:

Wonder if Köln fans are going to celebrate their first away match with a bunch of Pyro in Dresden? ;)
You'll probably get better odds for the Dresden fans celebrating their first home game that way. :v:

I'd be in for a manager game, too.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Thanks for making the new thread. I know I'm only popping in every few months to post an opinion nobody agrees with, but I love lurking in here anyway.

That said, 1860 did it again: I'm excited even though I should know better after years and years of disappointment. New jersey look sweet as gently caress, sponsor is the most fitting since "Löwenbräu" and I somehow believe that the new players (even though I hated Adlung at Cottbus) can improve our game.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Time to take a look at the old family tree and find some German ancestry. Won't be too hard.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

re:Managers, I'm looking at the Kicker ones and I think the Interactive one would suit us best. The Pro version seems a bit too dependant on having 18 teams in your league and I am pretty sure we can't fill that. Does someone want to take over starting a Kicker Interactive league? I'm running the Kicktipp again this season.

http://www.kicker.de/games/interactive/startseite/gamesstartseite.html

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Kicker Interactive is good fun. I'd be in. They haven't started the new season yet, though.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Is there a kicktipp league for this season yet?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nice op Healbot, A+ tenouttaten would read again

Katana Gomai posted:

re:Managers, I'm looking at the Kicker ones and I think the Interactive one would suit us best. The Pro version seems a bit too dependant on having 18 teams in your league and I am pretty sure we can't fill that. Does someone want to take over starting a Kicker Interactive league? I'm running the Kicktipp again this season.

http://www.kicker.de/games/interactive/startseite/gamesstartseite.html

Yeah, I'd be up for Interactive. Pro is too much of a hassle what with constantly having to buy and sell players and if the players they give you at the start are crap, you're hosed anyway.
I can set it up if you guys don't mind.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Sereri posted:

Is there a kicktipp league for this season yet?

The kicktipp is still under https://www.kicktipp.de/goons, I just restarted it to 2013/14. Feel free to enter your tipps, I set it so that everyone who was signed up last year is still registered. Actually add the Kicktipp to the OP, and the Kicker thing once it opens next week and Dunban has set it up.

az
Dec 2, 2005

gently caress yeah let's do this, gonna go make some bavarians cry tonight. :wink:

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Sankt Pauli can go gently caress themselves after that game; what a bleh goal. Ditto the Sechzig defense, because they almost completely disappeared in the last 10 minutes.

Protip Herr Schmidt: putting 4 strikers on the field doesn't mean squat if their strikers get through the backline time after time for a clear shot.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Anyone watching this Hamburg - Bayern game?

Pep really needs to shave.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

az posted:

gently caress yeah let's do this, gonna go make some bavarians cry tonight. :wink:

That rules.

Meanwhile here in The East Most Rostock Fans still shitheads on the train.

Distant Mist
Apr 22, 2008
What a great assist by Ribery there

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Distant Mist posted:

What a great assist by Ribery there

The real beauty was Thiago's pass before that.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Bochum just beat Union Berlin 2-1, the first step to complete Neururer domination has been taken.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Great Goal in the first half by Jonas Hoffmann. I hope he can establish himself in the squad this season. Dortmund could definitely use some more depth.
edit: Outstanding OP by the way.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I picked HSV semi-randomly as my Bundesliga team to plastic for a few years ago, but now I'm really turned off by the politics (right-wing) of some of their ultras.

Do all HSV fans have a reputation for that?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Nah, they're not known for that at all.

But don't fret, there are plenty of other reasons why it sucks to be a HSV supporter!

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I mean, I'm pretty used to supporting lovely teams elsewhere, so I think I'll be okay there.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

az posted:

That is a awesome banner and please tell me they make a t-shirt of that.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I'm hoping to be Stuttgart's biggest fan by the end of the season. I spent a year there on Erasmus (so I'm not a plastic) and I wanna start following the Bundesliga, since it looks like this whole immigrating into Switzerland thing is working out and it counts as studying german

Soooo do we have any good players or what

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

poty posted:

Soooo do we have any good players or what

Mohammed Abdellaoue is pretty much the best striker in the league.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
So why hasn't Bayern signed him?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Because we don't sign Norwegians.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

(euroboy just really likes his fellow Norwegians to do well)

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

He's a top, top lad and player.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Good OP, OP.

euroboy posted:

He's a top, top lad and player.

After his first great season he became a bit poo poo tbh.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Good OP, OP.

After his first great season he became a bit poo poo tbh.

And injured.

There are currently six -6- Norwegians in the 1. Bundesliga: Håvard Nordtveit (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Omar Elabdellaoui (Eintracht Braunschweig), Vegar Eggen Hedenstad (SC Freiburg), Per Ciljan Skjelbred (Hamburger SV), Tarik Elyounoussi (Hoffenheim) and Mohammed Abdellaoue (Stuttgart).

None of them will score more than five goals this season.
The only player who will be counted as a regular (20+ games) is Nordtveit.

Btw, since I am a plastic HSV-supporter my first match of the season will be Hertha Berlin - Hamburg. Looking forward to it.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

poty posted:

So why hasn't Bayern signed him?

Because they will get Lewandowski next year for free.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Hello Towel posted:

I picked HSV semi-randomly as my Bundesliga team to plastic for a few years ago, but now I'm really turned off by the politics (right-wing) of some of their ultras.

Do all HSV fans have a reputation for that?

The proud Sportvereins of Hamburg are not more or less racist than other (non-east German) clubs so you're good.

Also Kießling is the best Striker, deal with it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alright, I've set up our kicker interactive manager league. There you go.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

That is a awesome banner and please tell me they make a t-shirt of that.

Yes there are;

Katana Gomai posted:

The proud Sportvereins of Hamburg are not more or less racist than other (non-east German) clubs so you're good.

I don't want to put my hands in the fire for HSV fans but I don't think they are any more racist than any of the eastern clubs, I'm pretty sure less. And Pauli fans would eat their own if they were found to be fascists.

az fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 22, 2013

WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006
HSV ultras are notoriously dumb as poo poo, but mostly left wing, too.
Normal HSV fans are notoriously dumb as poo poo and that's it :)

btw if you like Sankt Pauli/Antifa Streetart, you should probably check this youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Schleimkinski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009

az posted:

Yes there are;

Is there any way to get that shirt in the U.S.? Does it come in other colors?

• Locked thread