Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Really sorry if this has been posted here already, but there's this guy on Youtube who does really interesting videos analyzing various aspects of cinematography, and he does an excellent breakdown of what makes Jackie Chan's choreography and filming techniques so well-executed and fun to watch compared to modern Western cinema techniques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Absolutely worth a watch if you've got 10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Just watched Wheels on Meals last night. Can someone explain, in the scene where the Client first offers Moby the job to find Gloria, he also gives him a sheet of paper with something tiny and (at least on the version I was watching) unreadable written on it. Moby then throws water on the paper, and says something that was translated in the subs to "more antiseptic this way" (or similar). What was written on the paper? Why does he throw water on it?

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

Thanks to this thread I just went on an amazon spree and bought some movies:

The Swordsman Trilogy boxset ('90s)
One-Armed Swordsman ('67)
Five Deadly Venoms ('78)
Police Story I & II set

I had already managed to talk some of my less-inclined friends into sitting down and watching the original Master Of The Flying Guillotine with me, so hopefully these will be an easier sell for a weekend marathon or something.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

Oh nice! Thanks for the suggestions. Are they good movies? I don't recognize any of the titles as the usual "big name must-see" ones that usually pop up on lists and such.

Edit: Also, how does Return to the 36th Chamber compare to the original 36th Chamber?

Moacher fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 8, 2015

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

Wait, people are saying the Blu-Rays of certain films are no good compared to their DVD releases?

My Blu-Ray copy of The 5 Deadly Venoms (this one) just arrived... did I gently caress up? :ohdear: