Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I stumbled on this while wasting my time on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxjRM9Ospto

Wheels on Meals, I wonder why I never watched or even heard about this movie, has someone seen it?

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Just finished Wheels on Meals, it's amazing and also incredibly cheesy, I happen to know Barcelona pretty well and seeing it's locations on a Hong Kong Kung Fu movie was weird as hell. The final fight of Jackie Chan is pretty crazy, really entertaining movie :allears:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I've been on a crazy movie frenzy this last week, I've watched in rapid succession Dragons forever, Police history, Project A and Snake in the eagles shadow, among others.

Of all of this, Project A is in my opinion the best, it has a constant, frenetic pacing (without dropping in the middle of the movie), decent soundtrack, decent acting, Sammo and Yuen Biao being funny without being too much hammy or awkward (looking at you, Dragons Forever) and a not too bad plot. The action is really good, with an incredible stunt (that clock homage to Safety Last!) and the entire bicycle chase is really amusing. The only drawback is it doesn't have a memorable villain/fight like Benny Urquidez in Wheels on Meals/Dragons Forever.

Easily my new favorite Jackie Chan movie :allears:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Project A is really good and has a lot of commedy, it's only flaw is a week villain.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Is Project A the one with the bicycle chase? That one owns.

Yep, Project A is really really good, the only thing it lacks is a good villain for the final fight.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Dragons Forever is fun, but all the bad romantic comedy in the middle of the movie drags the pace down in my opinion. Great final fight too, just slightly less great than in Wheels on Meals.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
The thread may be dead, but it's still great.

Recently I came across the OST of Wheels on Meals and it's actually quite good, I love how it alternates between epic and corny songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
According to chinese nationalists, China has invented everything, including hamburgers.