Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I liked this movie and can see why it is so popular. The acting, while cheesy at times, was good enough to keep my invested; it's so refreshing to see a horror-show family act like a normal family without any drama or big problems. And the scary bits were very well executed, eschewing CGI for good old fashioned cinematographic trickery, and while some frights were predictable, high tension was maintained throughout by brilliant visual and audio cues that were interspersed throughout. I certainly never thought the simple creaking of rope would unnerve me quite so much. A very strong showing by James Wan and a worthy addition to the horror genre.

5/5

resurgam40 fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU