Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
You are so tedious, Z3n.

Pope Mobile - ya, I feel you. It still happens even when you try to stay out of the bad places. I understand what you're saying, even if our resident autist doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Light creepers SEEM to want to go fast, but you'll find they're always the slowest to step on the gas when the light actually turns. Fact.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

That's why, in the back of my mind, I'll always be suspicious that Lien of Range Rover fame tried the usual angry luxury SUV driver thing.

Of course he loving did.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Makes me glad lowbeams are mandatory regardless of time of day here. Even in full daylight a vehicle is more visible with its lights on.

I just wish they had gone whole hog and made the rear lights part of the daytime running lights thing. Most people are too retarded to turn their lights on, they should have to go to extra effort to turn them OFF each time rather than the other way around.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Nidhg00670000 posted:

It's even worse, they did go whole hog. In Sweden, previously rear lights were included in the DRL. From 2011 onwards they are not, as in the rear lights are not on when you're running with DRLs, you have to move to light switch to on. For someone who's been seeing rear lights on for all his driving/riding life, and equates lights off to a stationary vehicle, it get's annoying.

So they actually went backwards to the mess we have in Canada? Amazing. Being Sweden, I guess it was determined that having the rears be part of DRL was misogynistic?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
As well they should. Who gives a poo poo what they do?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Paying off your mortage counts as saving, right? :ohdear:

Sure, removing debt before savings in my book.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Well when I hit my rear brake, I don't want it to engage the Layer Dan Lever.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Slavvy posted:

gently caress, last I checked you have a 1400cc leather-lined executive jet. Can't be that big a problem :)

No kidding. There's some passing zones in the Rockies west of slidebite that are so short they're for super cars or motorcycles. Kind of fun. :)

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Don't worry, with the trend as it is in the US, police forces will get special exemption and just start using military vehicles made for this market. Bulletproof boxes, maybe with a turret, totally wired with cameras.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Tanbo posted:

I get off work, standing next to the bike finishing a smoke and putting my gear on, letting the bike warm up a bit. Co-worker (age 20ish) walks out and ambles over.

"Man I bet you think you're so cool don't you?"
:what:

I just ignored it and started talking about the upcoming weekend, I just thought it was a weird thing to say. Maybe it was the gear, some people around here seem to think wearing gear is wierd, tank tops and shorts are the norm. No reason to wear jacket/gloves/helmet when it's hot right? :rolleyes:

No that was just straight up burning jealousy, brother.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
You should be able to be almost completely stopped and still have your feet on the pegs. If you can't do that, you're BAD AT BIKES.

Hell, the elite can even balance while stopped, apparently. Bike moving? Feet on pegs.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Ya, it communicates to me that they're afraid that at any moment the bike is going to fall over and if their feet are there ready they will save it. poo poo riders.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Smudgie Buggler posted:

"The unfortunate thing is that there are people out there who really hate motorcyclists so the onus is on you to take precautions because it's just stupid to put yourself in a position where others can hurt you."

This is straight up correct though.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

nsaP posted:

Yes I agree, but for the part about people wanting to hurt motorcyclists. My biggest moment of zen (Not z3n, that fucker!!) when riding was realizing that most people don't want to kill you, they're just dumb. Distracted, ignorant, or even shouldn't be operating a vehicle. Any way, getting angry at them is worthless cause they won't get it, you'll just be the rear end in a top hat mad biker they tell people about.

Thank the people who are good drivers. Wave at the people that don't pull out in front of you. The people that see you and merge behind you. The left-turners going across traffic that see you and wait. It's a much better riding experience.

Well sure, they don't literally want to kill you. It's just a good idea to behave like they do.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Well if you didn't want to get hit by a car you shouldn't have dressed like someone who wanted to get hit by a car.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
It's not the lack of a trust fund that's holding you back. :)

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Racism is pretty funny when it's against white people.

EDIT: I don't actually give a poo poo.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

n8r posted:

We've been living with your Buell pitch for ages and only a few people in CA can't stand you.

To be fair it's worked. I'm now convinced that I want a Ulysses at a subconscious level.

I don't think I've ever seen one though.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
My HJC had an internal sun visor. It was better than nothing but wasn't good enough. I had to stop part way in to my last big road trip and get a pair of sunglasses - much better. My eyes are very sensitive to glare, and the tint was pretty weak.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Or in his case, you call it 2 weeks.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Unfortunately all a woody Minor will attract is elderly nuns and women who make their own jam. Of course if that's what you're into...

(wow that sentence reads a lot more filthily than I thought it would)

Those things are awesome.

(NB: The only person I've ever met who owned one was a gorgeous blonde hippie musician vegan type. Who almost certainly made her own jam.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

You mean like The Club? Couple of minutes with a hacksaw = gone.

In the UK, all of the bicycle thieves have battery powered angle grinders. It kind of limits your practical options for bike locks.