Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
I've used Autoglym tar & adhesive remover for the warning stickers on my bike. If you get the sticker off this poo poo will get the glue remains off it without destroying the paint.

Great success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chia
Dec 23, 2005

ReelBigLizard posted:

Pro tip: that is lighter fluid marked up to autoglym prices :ssh:

Well gently caress me :mad:

chia
Dec 23, 2005
I know, I'm Autoglym(tm)'s bitch. Just yesterday I washed my bike with Autoglym(tm) soap and waxed with Autoglym(tm) wax. Ooooh shiny.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
All of you saying group rides suck are doing it wrong. You need some non-retarded people, a leader who knows where he's going and what he's doing, nice roads and then just let everyone ride as fast as they want to (if you want to go faster then go in front, if slower go to the back), just make sure the guy behind you sees you make the next turn so no one gets lost and everyone ends up at the same place.

Have a break every hour or so, stop for lunch, ride some more, maybe one more coffee break, ride some more. The best way to spend a day, IMO. The largest group we had this summer was maybe 30-40 bikes and everyone had a blast.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Well that's one way of seeing it :v:

I guess my point was there are different ways to ride in a group and while most of them suck maybe not all. The way we do it combines riding by yourself and having the social aspect and safety of the group. It's nice to have someone help you if you blow a tire/crash the bike/just wanna chat etc.

chia
Dec 23, 2005
Yeah absolutely 100% agreed. Most people are cunts, after all.

chia
Dec 23, 2005

Z3n posted:

It was 55 degrees today. I'd forgotten what 3rd gear, crossed up power wheelies off the crests at the exits of corners felt like. 690 bike best bike.

It's been 4C/39F and rain for a couple of months and it's probably going to be like this for 3 more. Or maybe snow if we're lucky.

chia
Dec 23, 2005

Collateral Damage posted:

:smith: You and me buddy. I'd love to do something more physical, but I don't know anything else that would pay nearly as well as being a sysadmin does.

I, too, would love to be a carpenter or something but I'm an IT manager because of the money. I don't even like my job it's boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chia
Dec 23, 2005

astrollinthepork posted:

It was in the middle of the night and he did it like 20 times. Kinda hosed up to be using flash photography at a rider while you're driving in the dark.

He saw you dropped your wallet and tried to get your attention, obviously.

edit: never mind you still had it at that point