Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

I don't think you truly understand supervillainy.

This is pretty much true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There are so many things to love about the Chuck Taylor/Rick Swann parts, but mainly that Chuck drunkenly pinning Amasis while insisting that he's Swann somehow counts and he magically has the title.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I can't wait until Mecha Mummy takes down Wrestling is Cool.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
GEKIDO ended Wrestling Is Intense, after a Tweet threatening to do so.

Dr. Cube and his Posse just ended Wrestling Is Awesome, after a YouTube threat.

And now Sinn Bodhi (aka Kizarny) just posted a Facebook threat to Wrestling Is Art...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jay 2K Winger posted:

GEKIDO ended Wrestling Is Intense, after a Tweet threatening to do so.

Dr. Cube and his Posse just ended Wrestling Is Awesome, after a YouTube threat.

And now Sinn Bodhi (aka Kizarny) just posted a Facebook threat to Wrestling Is Art...

Everyone's favorite!

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
So that mysteriumP thing with the weird number hashtag turned out to be an Instagram hashtag. THis led to an instagram account that in addition to featuring a blue-ish masked wrestler calling himself privateyejr also linked to an ebay account where the MysteriumP character was selling a single Chikara pin-up book.

The winning bidder got the Chikara pin-up book, which was printed at the size of a typical comic book, shipped in one of those plastic comci backs with the backing board...

on the backing board was a set of latitude and longitude coordinates, the #IAMCHIKARA hashtag and the date & time 11.2.13 4:00 PM. Those coordinates put it near 1-95 and the FDR skatepark.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jesus, at this point I'm almost coming around again to giving whoever is planning this stuff credit for effort alone.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Jesus, at this point I'm almost coming around again to giving whoever is planning this stuff credit for effort alone.

I'm starting to get interested again because while we don't know what the gently caress is going on outside of this random Chikaravillain Team-Up, we at least have bad guy wrestlers for the good guy wrestlers to beat up in an in-ring situation. That's surprisingly important for a wrestling angle, no matter how unlikeable the corporate villains are.

I wonder if the heel conglomerate will still reject the Submission Squad.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

More title defenses, including a reveal that Frightmare was obviously too old to ever compete for the Young Lions Cup.

Also, more cursing. It's kind of weird how Quack lets Chuck Taylor get away with whatever he wants in the Chikaraverse in light of how much of a stickler he is for keeping it completely clean. Especially any segment involving the Chikara banner in Gentleman's Club.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Gavok posted:

More title defenses, including a reveal that Frightmare was obviously too old to ever compete for the Young Lions Cup.

Also, more cursing. It's kind of weird how Quack lets Chuck Taylor get away with whatever he wants in the Chikaraverse in light of how much of a stickler he is for keeping it completely clean. Especially any segment involving the Chikara banner in Gentleman's Club.

Are you ready for Chikara MAX?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gavok posted:

Someone finally took advantage of the fact that you could technically murder your opponent in a hardcore match!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wonder if the Wrestling Is shows attract only Chikara faithful, or if they bring in random people from the community who just want to watch wrestling?

If I wasn't familiar with Chikara, I'd be annoyed with a show I paid for ending in some dumb run in shenanigans from people I've never seen before.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if the Wrestling Is shows attract only Chikara faithful, or if they bring in random people from the community who just want to watch wrestling?

If I wasn't familiar with Chikara, I'd be annoyed with a show I paid for ending in some dumb run in shenanigans from people I've never seen before.

The Wrestling Is Cool show seemed to bring in an even mix of Chikara fans & families with little kids that wanted to see some wrestlemans. Speaking of, I'm pleased as punch that the SMVOD of the most recent WiC show kept all the stuff with little James in because that was seriously adorable.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
The Wrestling is Cool normal venue in Deptford, NJ closed already, so they need to find another spot.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

DM Punk posted:

The Wrestling is Cool normal venue in Deptford, NJ closed already, so they need to find another spot.

Aw, dammit.

Well, new Ashes is up and something's upset The Batiri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Y3ys-q80A

Also, I actually find it oddly fitting that the "demon cave abode on Bled Island" looks like a frat boys' apartment. It just sorta fits with the whole vibe they have.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SirDippingSauce posted:

Aw, dammit.

Well, new Ashes is up and something's upset The Batiri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Y3ys-q80A

Also, I actually find it oddly fitting that the "demon cave abode on Bled Island" looks like a frat boys' apartment. It just sorta fits with the whole vibe they have.

While I can't make out specifically what they're watching, it's definitely wrestling so either the just watched the Wrestling is Intense finale or WWE Battleground.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Gavok posted:

John Silver's first defense is the stuff of legend. A five star match.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
In case anyone cares, Saturyne is back! Only she changed her gimmick and dropped the mask. She a native american now.

Edit: So, I post that pic on the 101 forums and immediately get poo poo on by people and even got a DM on twitter from a CHIKARA wrestler telling me to take the pic down. I mean, really? Isn't it pretty obvious who that is? Kayfabe is dumb.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 13, 2013

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

DM Punk posted:

a CHIKARA wrestler telling me to take the pic down. I mean, really? Isn't it pretty obvious who that is? Kayfabe is dumb.
There's your answer right there.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
They'd probably do the same if you talked about Drew Gulak or Orange Cassidy, so I'm not really surprised.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gordy posted:

They'd probably do the same if you talked about Drew Gulak or Orange Cassidy, so I'm not really surprised.

Only if you were to outright state that they are Soldier Ant or Fire Ant.

The rules of the 101 board are pretty clear about stating (paraphrasing) "don't reveal the identities of masked wrestlers on this board."

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm a big fan of this mysterious ethnically unplaceable female wrestler with a six pack also known as fitness model Tamara McNeill...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gordy posted:

That's understandable though since I wouldn't be able to tell that Gulak and Cassidy were Soldier and Fire Ant just by looking at them. It's rather obvious that the girl in the picture is Saturyne and her mask was always more decorative than identity concealing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DM Punk posted:

In case anyone cares, Saturyne is back! Only she changed her gimmick and dropped the mask. She a native american now.

Edit: So, I post that pic on the 101 forums and immediately get poo poo on by people and even got a DM on twitter from a CHIKARA wrestler telling me to take the pic down. I mean, really? Isn't it pretty obvious who that is? Kayfabe is dumb.

Quack is gonna make her sleep right the gently caress on the couch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

I thought she looked familiar.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

I thought she looked familiar.

Dem abs/dat outie?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

Dem abs/dat outie?

Legs and hair.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

LobsterMobster posted:

Dem abs/dat outie?

This is a weird loving post man. Weird.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Dem abs/dat outie?

You really could have phrased that better.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So, apparently her new name is Hania Huntress. And she's a she-wolf. So, yeah. But, hopefully she'll be able to do bookings outside of CHIKARA/Wrestling is now.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

New Ashes- "Thwarted":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftt9_eVz7Y8

Anything that leads to more Shane being a dork and Archibald Peck on my screen are things I can totally get behind.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

More 24/7 title defenses have happened, including Chuck Taylor reclaiming the title from Green Ant in the best way possible.

Shocking revelation about Green Ant too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gavok posted:

More 24/7 title defenses have happened, including Chuck Taylor reclaiming the title from Green Ant in the best way possible.

Shocking revelation about Green Ant too.
:lol: at Gargano's first defense. The best thing to come out of this defunct company is Chuck Taylor and the CHIKARA roster goofing off in 5 second videos.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
The best thing about the 24/7 championship is that I now know that even professional wrestlers do wrestling moves to each other in the pool.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

UltraMantis Black just got signed! ...by a record label.

Link

Relapse Records posted:

Relapse Records is extremely proud to announce the signing of hardcore aural terroristsUltraMantis Black! Hailing from parts unknown, UltraMantis Black is the musical manifestation of underground professional wrestling legend UltraMantis Black himself, backed by a cadre of anonymous musicians/warriors who may or may not feature ex- and current members of Pissed Jeans and Pilgrim Fetus. Simply put, UMB is the greatest band you've never heard.

UltraMantis Black has waged many battles. As a professional wrestler, he has fought a never ending array of opponents worldwide, hell-bent on usurping the Great & Devious insectoid leader of The Order of the Neo Solar Temple. In his quest to decimate the unconscionable and depraved current state of the cultural grappling landscape, he has guided his Spectral Envoy of the Final Judgement through space and time as they deal out justice in the guise of revenge towards those who desire to harm and exploit the vulnerable and voiceless. Now, UltraMantis Black takes his struggle to a new level.

Set to release their debut EP in early 2014 via Relapse Records, UMB seeks to further spread his gospel through a relentless musical assault of hardcore cacophony. His message is a simple declaration of war. A godless jihad against those who continue to systematically enslave, torture, and murder the Earth and all innocent and sentient life that exists upon it. Clear missives of animal, earth, and human liberation delivered under the secretive cloak of lucha libre to the soundtrack of blasting audio terrorism.

Stay tuned for details on the EP release and impending global domination asUltraMantis Black take their electrifying live show to an arena near you. In the meantime you can watch UltraMantis Black destroy pathetic jobbers HERE and read his storied history at this location.

This is UltraMantis Black. Prepare yourself.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Relapse has some really awesome bands on their label. Good for you UMB!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Icarus tries to get help from heavily-medicated furniture salesman Tim Donst.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A little googling tells us that the address Icarus GPSes at the end is most likely the Wrestle Factory.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cactus Jack posted:

Relapse has some really awesome bands on their label. Good for you UMB!

That they do but what is it with hardcore labels and not wanting to be on iTunes or some other digital distro service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Dickeye posted:

A little googling tells us that the address Icarus GPSes at the end is most likely the Wrestle Factory.

Not "most likely"--

TheWrestleFactory.com posted:

1647 Republic Rd., Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006

Also, Wink Vavasseur recently broke his Twitter silence following Aniversario, and has been responding to some tweets from Chikara fans, even expressing his regret about what happened--

@WinkVavasseur posted:

#IAMSorry I fired Mike Quackenbush to stay in my father's graces.

#IAMSorry For what I forced upon The Colony, F.I.S.T. and the group with the dancing pharaoh and the snake boy.

#IAMSorry That I didn't stand up for myself and pretended to be who I thought my father wanted me to be.

#!AMSorry For feeling so sorry. I'm tired of it. And won't stand for it any longer.

These comments drew fans to ask him to prove his change of heart by helping Icarus, which Wink seems to be getting ready to do.

And then last night, he dropped some bombshells--

@WinkVavasseur posted:

You want to know why Titor wanted CHIKARA -- to fuel, train and front their own private army. #Bombshell

Elohim City was just a model. One Titor planned to 'refine' and 'relocate.' #Bombshell

These bombshells, coupled with Tim Donst's medicated behavior in the latest "Ashes" video, definitely indicates things are building to something. We may see what it is on Saturday at FDR Skatepark in Philly.

• Locked thread