Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

A guy can dream....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Where? Are they on his YouTube channel?

Yes. He also played Earthbound.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Was watching Vinny's archived art corner over on vinesauce and saw Everdraed made a gif over there.

It took me a minute to realize it may be because he's playing Earthbound blind these days :v:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

While crying is a perfectly normal reaction to Mother 3, keeping your infant son around while you play it isn't a good reflection on you as a parent.

5pm EST is the moment of truth. Hope for the best but prepare for disappointment.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Time to drag out whoever said Mother 3 would be on this presentation for his or her lynching.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Willsun posted:

Time to drag out whoever said Mother 3 would be on this presentation for his or her lynching.
Was she the same one who said it would come out on 4/20/16? Because that's some serious "boy who cried wolf" poo poo if she was.

After waiting 18 years for an official re-release of Earthbound, I'm used to disappointment on that front. In the meantime, I'll just dig up my DS with the flash cart.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

It was you.

Mods? Toxx this person.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They could always announce it tomorrow during the treehouse. They didn't talk about any VC games. LKD was right about a good amount of other stuff.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 13, 2017

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
haha goddamn you people never ever ever learn.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

^^^^

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Unholy Ghost posted:

haha goddamn you people never ever ever learn.
it's true, we're poo poo

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

What do they ever do in the Treehouse events besides sit around and play whatever latest Zelda is in development?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reggie comments on Mother 3: ‪ http://gonintendo.com/stories/271853-reggie-comments-the-future-of-mother-3-and-metroid‬

I'm positive it's coming but it'll be awkward to play since I'm used to the excellent fan translation now.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

SeANMcBAY posted:

Reggie comments on Mother 3: ‪ http://gonintendo.com/stories/271853-reggie-comments-the-future-of-mother-3-and-metroid‬

I'm positive it's coming but it'll be awkward to play since I'm used to the excellent fan translation now.

Something is coming for Metroid. He name-dropped it without any prompting.

No, it's not going to be loving Mother 3, ffs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I think the Earthbound Beginnings SNES remake is more likely to get released than Mother 3 coming out in America. I don't understand why people believe twitter accounts that are Nintendo insiders after they have been wrong about the release two years in a row.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If Nintendo already had a translation ready to go, they might've released it already, like they did with Beginnings. They don't want to and won't spend resources on translating the eleven year old sequel to an obscure SNES game. And they definitely wouldn't use someone else's translation even if it was offered.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: Beginnings SNES release?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Edit: Beginnings SNES release?

Fan made game. Basically remaking Beginnings with hacking Earthbound. It's been in development for years. (known as Mother Remake, started well before Beginnings was released in America.) https://forum.starmen.net/forum/Community/PKHack/Mother-Remake

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

i was already burned today by laura's switch announcement rumor and im not gonna let myself get my hopes up again

(i am definitely getting my hopes up again)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Fan made game. Basically remaking Beginnings with hacking Earthbound. It's been in development for years. (known as Mother Remake, started well before Beginnings was released in America.) https://forum.starmen.net/forum/Community/PKHack/Mother-Remake

Neat. I would actually play this over the NES one.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Neat. I would actually play this over the NES one.

No ETA on release, but it's been chugging along pretty steadily for a while now. Lead hacker H.S is low-key on giving updates, which is very admirable, given how rabid the Earthbound/Mother fanbase can be.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

There's nothing wrong with people wanting to believe Mother 3 for English is coming, but I just hate the myriad of you that want to post every tiny possible connection because you want to be credited with being the first to guess right at a release but hedge yourself with a "Well, I didn't SAY they were announcing it..." in case nothing happens, which is 100% of the time.

You guys realize just because someone worked on Mother 3 before doesn't mean their presence means anything. GUYS SHIGERU MIYAMOTO ATTENDED THE SWITCH PRESENTATION AND GUESS WHO MADE STAR FOX? THAT'S RIGHT!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Maybe I have a warped view of things from posting on sm.net all through my teens but I feel like it's less "I want credit and attention for being the first to point this out" and more "I'm genuinely incredibly excited about this tiny scrap of information that maybe vaguely suggests people remember Mother 3 exists because I'm way too emotionally invested in this"

(and I don't mean this in a critical way as I too am way too emotionally invested)

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
I can't imagine them bringing it to the U.S. with the transgender stuff intact. it would just be radioactive in the political climate now and it's not a minor part of the game. It's positive and pervasive enough to infuriate one side and stereotypical enough to infuriate the other

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Thanks for the hard work and professional effort on everything, Everdraed. Gonna pick up two copies this week, one for a gift.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

swamp waste posted:

I can't imagine them bringing it to the U.S. with the transgender stuff intact. it would just be radioactive in the political climate now and it's not a minor part of the game. It's positive and pervasive enough to infuriate one side and stereotypical enough to infuriate the other
I personally can't wait for the The Cultural Marxists Censored My Fire Emblems crowd to be suspiciously silent when the magypsies get excised from the official localisation

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

swamp waste posted:

Or people wouldn't care at all because it is a poorly known franchise and big name games also did the same, with no whining.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

swamp waste posted:

The Magypsies aren't trans and none of my trans friends ever read them as such. People keep wringing their hands about it and pointing to it as a reason mother 3 is impossible to localize but literally no one would give a poo poo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How would Nintendo of America handle the section of the game where everyone trips? The simple solution for localizing Mother 3 would be rating it M.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Spacebump posted:

How would Nintendo of America handle the section of the game where everyone trips?

Touch fuzzy, get dizzy.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Spacebump posted:

How would Nintendo of America handle the section of the game where everyone trips?

The same way they did for EarthBound?

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

The same way they did for EarthBound?

Instead of hallucinogenic mushrooms, they find a pot of coffee

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Coffee: Not even once.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'll believe an official release of Mother 3 when it's announced and not a second sooner, so I'm taking no stock in Reggie's comments at all. Unless it's that one person who announced it for the presentation and on 4/20/16 before that, in which case I'll know 100% that it's bullshit.

swamp waste posted:

I can't imagine them bringing it to the U.S. with the transgender stuff intact. it would just be radioactive in the political climate now
On the other hand, a whole bunch of kids' TV shows have very positive portrayals of LGBT relationships. Hell, Earthbound has a gay character. It's only radioactive if you don't fight back against blatant bigotry.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I swear I've seen Mother 3 trend on Facebook at least 3 or 4 times in the last year due to the constant rumors. That has to account for something right?:unsmith:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That's how I discovered the latest rumor, I just came back here to see what goons had to say about it.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I loved the Magypsies and I'd be gutted if something happened to them. :(

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Yeah I guess they're drag queens not trans but i think it would only take one misguided kotaku article saying they're an ugly stereotype of transwomen to drown the whole thing in bad publicity. It just seems like nintendo shies away from any sort of controversy ever in the western market.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

swamp waste posted:

Yeah I guess they're drag queens not trans

Wrong again!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

swamp waste posted:

Yeah I guess they're drag queens not trans but i think it would only take one misguided kotaku article saying they're an ugly stereotype of transwomen to drown the whole thing in bad publicity. It just seems like nintendo shies away from any sort of controversy ever in the western market.

They would get way way way more negative horseshit for leaving them untouched and I think we all know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Lurdiak posted:

Wrong again!

The fact that we can't agree ourselves shows how problematic it would be for an official Nintendo localization.

• Locked thread